“Good chalet”
Review of Hotel Le Cret

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Les Deux-Alpes
Hotel Le Cret
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Les Deux-Alpes
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good chalet”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed there on the first week of the season in December and was very happy with the place. The staff were extremely friendly and happy to help, food was good and the location is good for the lifts, less than five minutes to either of the main lifts in boarding boots. The only downsides were the lack of power points in the room so I had to charge things in turn and the occasional noise from a local pub.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

After reading the reviews before my stay at Hotel Le Cret I was a little worried that it wouldn't fulfil my expectations. How wrong I was. The hotel was great, the staff were all very friendly and genuinely showed interest in how are holiday was going. The hotel is run by Neilson staff and they too share the love of the winter scene. Having reps permanently in the hotel with us made it so easy to arrange trips, nights out and gain the valuable information we needed to maximise our trip.

One of our party was celebrating his 40th birthday and the chef did wonders for us on the night in question! The food all week was excellent, we never went hungry!

The hotel is located very near to the late night bars, so not far to walk on the evening. However some noise can be heard late at night, but as a seasoned traveller and knowing that my room mates can snore loudly I always take earplugs so this really wasn't an issue. I would definitely go back to Hotel Le Cret. Considering the price of the package and all that came with it, and the fantastic resort as well, I cannot fault it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dean_Gunners
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The experience of our stay at the Hotel le Cret was nothing less than perfect. As a family of six, with girls aged 11 and 9 and twin boys of 7 we couldn't have wished for a better setting for the children's first skiing holiday. The staff were as helpful and polite as any I have encountered in hotels, that consider themselves a much higher star rating!! The standard of food and service was nothing short of excellent. The position of the hotel is really close to the slopes, which is helpful when you daughter tells you she has left her gloves behind!!
We were part of a party of 16 and we all had the same opinions of this great Hotel and its staff.
Thank you very much for a memorable holiday:)

Room Tip: A room that is further back in the hotel from the busy part of the resort (our room was facing the b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NeilMoxon
London
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at Le Cret in a room with three friends. The room had two singles next to each other and bunks. Although small, my bed was comfy and after a days skiing (and apres), I slept well.

The plus points...
Super location- 5 mins from the ski lifts, opposite the Polar Bear pub and near all the fab ski shops
The hotel feels clean and my bed was made each day
Afternoon tea was included (which is a nice touch).
Most of the staff seemed cheery and I very much appreciated breakfast being available at 6.30 on our departure day.
The manager gave one of our party her own stash of Earl Gray tea bags as that's her preferred drink

The not so great
The room really needed a full length mirror (four girls and one small bathroom mirror is not great).
The bathroom was very basic and I was very disappointed to not have a bath tub (given it's a ski holiday and you tend to feel a little achy).
There was no wifi available in the room- you had to sit down stairs in the communal area- even then it was a little hit and miss.
I would have expected a TV in the room as well- (not state of the art) given there was no wifi, an evening in could be very boring,

The food was a mixed bag of ok, inspired, very mixed/small portions. On a couple of occasions, I had a small mountain of scrambled eggs whilst my friend had a tea spoon. Being veggie- I asked on one occasion if i could have an extra hash brown- the response was "we only allocate one per guest and everyone else has had theirs so no'!!

The bar and restaurant area are shuttered off for several hours throughout the day- Although this didn't bother me, one of my party went back during the day and would have liked to have chiiled on the cozy sofas at the back of the restaurant (given wifi was not available in our room).

Overall, I had a lovely holiday. If you're not fussed about baths, food portions being hit and miss, wifi in your room- this is a good value and charming base for your ski trip

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank stella w
bristol
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Have just returned from this hotel and all I can say is amazing! Jade and her staff could not have been more helpful or pleasant. The rooms were kept clean and tidy and the food was excellent. Couldnt hear any noise at night and the beds were comfy so slept soundly.
I would heartily recommend anyone stay here as we (a group of 9)have had one of the best holidays possible.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank chrissymox
Liversedge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've just returned from a weeks skiing holiday with my husband & two sons, staying at Hotel le Cret in Les Deux Alpes. The hotel caters for pre-dominantly families with school age children and could not have been happier with the choice of hotel. The Neilson staff were great, very friendly and helpful and the food and service were excellent.We had a family room at the front of the hotel and you can hear some noise from the bar opposite but it did not spoil or interrupt sleep. We had a great value for money holiday in a smashing ski resort and were pleased with our stay at Hotel le Cret.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with adult children for a week's skiing. Room was small but perfectly comfortable with a balcony and a great view. Food was excellent. There was not a single disappointing meal all week. The staff are lovely and without exception cheerful and helpful.
A little bit of noise some nights from local bars and revellers but this would apply to any hotel on the main street and did not cause us any major problems.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family