Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews john king open fire hot tub family skiing holiday excellent food ski trip perfect location cheese board ski hotel great holiday hotel owner portes du soleil heated boot room family room white water rafting great atmosphere adults and kids
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2019

The hotel is perfect for a weekend or longer on the snow with its location right at the bottom of the slopes. The staff are really friendly, food is excellent even tho the breakfast is a bit limited. The decor is typical haute savoie and the room I had was perfect for what I wanted, an inexpensive snow weekend. That said, the hotel is just a bit tired in some place but, I'd say it's an honest, very good 2 star hotel (I've stayed in worse 3 stars). I would definitely like to stay here again. Thanks John!

Room tip: There isn't a lift so request a lower room if you don't want to climb.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2019

This was our third time staying at Hotel Christiana, (2 adults and 2 children, aged 7 and 10) and we had a fabulous time.
The hotel is right next to the piste, and the evening meals were fantastic.
They had no problem catering to my gluten intolerance and I thoroughly recommend them for a family holiday.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2019

We stayed at the hotel for a family short break ski trip. The location is excellent as is the food. The rooms are comfortable and cosy. The staff are very helpful and friendly - nothing was too much trouble. There is a small playroom/area for children but this is a little disorganised and could benefit from a tidy to allow children to make better use of it. We have stayed here on a number of occasions and would wholeheartedly recommend!!

Room tip: rooms to the back are slightly quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2019

I stayed at Hotel Christiania with 26 colleagues for 3 nights at the end of January. A perfect location, right in the centre of town and right next to the lifts - literally 30/40 yards from the edge of the hotel to the chair lift! The hotel is very homely with a roaring fire every evening in the lounging / bar area. The dining room runs along the front of the hotel and is beautifully laid out and welcoming with an incredible overview of the town and out towards the piste.

The rooms are relatively basic but all are ensuite, perfectly clean, comfortable and have everything you need - you are hardly there anyway. The evening meals were nothing short of spectacular. The staff were friendly and efficient and looked after us very well. There's a room specifically allocated to entertainment for young children and I believe there was a hot tub and a sauna that we unfortunately didn't get to use. Time was short, skiing was the priority.

Being so close to the piste comes with some disadvantages however - piste bashers, street cleaners & neighbouring hotels clearing their entrances from early early hours - but don't let this put you off staying here. This hotel has far too much going for it and you need to experience all that this hotel has to offer, especially the food! If you do, like us, you 'll have a truly memorable and very fun holiday.

Room tip: Keep your windows shut at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2019

My wife and I stayed at the Christiania at the end of January 2019. We found it to be extremely friendly with excellent food and a relaxed atmosphere. All the staff were very accommodating and helpful throughout our stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple