“fantastic chalet in the best location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chalet Magali

Chalet Magali
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Les Gets
Chalet Magali
Farnham, United Kingdom
“fantastic chalet in the best location”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in Les Gets a few times but this chalet is by far in the best location. The slopes and shops are practically on the doorstep. The person that dealt with my booking was very friendly and helpful and also checked we were happy during our stay, which was reassuring. The rooms are very tastefully decorated and very decent sizes. Would be nice to have sky in all the bedrooms (one room had it but the others did have tvs and dvd players) but it hasn't stopped us from booking again next year. This chalet is worth every penny and the resort itself just keeps getting nicer.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank laura s

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dorking, UK
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I had never considered a 'ski resort' for a summer holiday before - what a oversight! Les Gets in August is stunning. We visited a new lake everyday! Water plenty warm for the kids to swim and my husband is a mountain bike nut so was very happy. Hire is relatively cheap and easy - he brought his own bike but he probably wouldn't again when hire is so easy.
The chalet is charming. Spacious, tastefully decorated and clean. Plenty of towels, crisp bed sheets and a lovely bath to soak in in the evening, before taking a glass of wine out onto the balcony and enjoying the view across the village and up into the mountains.
Had a cheeky peek into the other rooms and all decent sizes - would have been happy in any of them.
Le Copeaux is a great restaurant, reasonably priced, 5mins on foot away
Kids ate from the menu enfants and actually cleared their plates.
Lake Montriond is 10mins away by car. The lake side restaurant - Verdoyant is family friendly.
When the kids get a bit bigger will definitely come back in the snow!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 'oak room' - fantastic views of the church from your bed. Best chalet view...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Emma M
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

A beautiful chalet in a fantastic resort.... This is perfect for families both as a chalet & the resort! Rooms are great, food is incredible and you could want for very little. Kids loved everything about this & us adults felt completely taken care of... There were 5 adults & 7 children & on one night friends joined us & the chef cooked for 20, like eating in a Michelin star restaurant.
Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank EJD1971
england
Reviewed 12 January 2013

k,We’ve stayed in a number of the chalets in Les Gets and this is by far the best. Not only is the chalet’s location FANTASTIC, the value for money is superb. We were spoilt with the accommodation – all the rooms were really nice and very good sizes. You cannot beat the views from the Chalet – by day we could watch the skiers come down the Chavannes slopes and at night the village lights and church were quite a picture. Monday night they let off fireworks at the foot of the slopes; from the Chalet balcony is most definitely the best way to enjoy this - the French certainly know how to put on a display. Food exceeded all our expectations. We take the title ‘chef’ lightly when usually associated with Alpine Chalets but this one definitely deserved the title, and if there were Alpine Michelin stars he should have one. Like previous reviewer, can’t understand where the people that wrote negative reviews stayed because they just cannot have stayed at this chalet. It’s a MUST STAY HERE AGAIN place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank chseaton
Peebles, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

Location is excellent and the chalet is very good. The owner kitted it out with Christmas tree etc as we were the first in this season. Arrived to see cleaners still in situe but gave them an extra two hours. Still not as clean as would have liked. We swept and cleaned afterwards. This is not a luxury chalet. Finish is not up to hat standard. This smacks of an owner asking local tradesmen to do things but not being there to manage the project, so taken advantage of. Tiling not meeting the walls, bath or sinks. Strange methods of camouflaging gaps that are not finished. Lighting not working on whole floors. Working bathtaps in cupboards that could cause flooding.

That said the view is lovely, the sitting room is comfortable, access to the train or lift is 100m away. Rooms are quiet when our baby wasn't crying.

I can't comment on the staff as we went self catering.

Do not discard this chalet unless you are looking for pure luxury and self indulgence, you will enjoy it, just don't raise your expectations too high. I would go again and that should say a lot.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed in Chalet Magali as three families with very young children. I had read some reviews on here and didn't know what to expect. It was a lovely chalet in almost every way. Our experiences under each heading are as follows:
Service: We chose to take the chalet self catered (but brought in a chef in the end anyway??!) so I can't comment on the staff. I did interact with Moira the owner in the run up, whilst there and then again after. I had read a comment that she was difficult to get hold of, I didn't find that at all. Maybe a week or so to reply to an email, but we're all busy and if it was urgent you have her number! In fact when we arrived we had one or two little issues, nothing major at all, I called Moira who resolved them straight away, in minutes. She gave me a real confidence that if there had been any more issues (there weren't) then she would work hard and fast to resolve them.
Value: I think the price for this chalet is just right given what it offers. It's not cheap but then it's very nice, not expensive though. Worth the price.
Sleep Quality: great. Very comfortable... Very!
Cleanliness. I had read the chalet is "filthy", I disagree. That said, this was our only issue with the chalet. I didn't find it as clean as people say. Maybe it's because of our tiny children we're more aware of the floors and their little toys roll into quiet corners/under beds which maybe aren't cleaned as often. The bed linen, bath towels, bath, toilets were all very clean. Perfect in fact. We just felt the floors could have been cleaner. I didn't raise this with Moira whilst I was there but told her on my return, I think if I had there would have been a cleaner there in about 1 minute though, so maybe I should have. Don't take this that the place is dirty, it isn't. Just the floor could have been cleaner.
Location: Perfect. Very short walk to the lifts, bars, restaurants. Beautiful views from the rooms.
Rooms: A lovely size and well furnished. They are really spacious with lots of windows and balcony space to enjoy the views.
So, in short book it. It's a beautiful, spacious chalet with a very attentive/caring owner. If you do go and do have an issue, call her! I know I mentioned the floors but I think it only fair to be honest, it certainly hasn't put us off as we're seriously considering booking it again for next year... which is fast filling up I notice!
One last thing, the chalet gets a discount at "Ride it" a nearby ski rental shop. Use it. The guy is lovely and very reasonble.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Deano1980Deano
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have just returned from our 5th year staying at this Chalet, and it just keeps getting better. We are all finding it difficult to believe that the people who have written negative reviews actually stayed there. We are 2 families who share the chalet, the chalet its self is lovely, its location is fantastic, Moira the owner is so helpful and efficient with the bookings and arranging our transfers nothing is too much trouble, the chalet is cleaned every day, the rooms are lovely and the food which was cooked by the amazing Andy was just fantastic. Delicious breakfast, afternoon tea and cake, and dinner which was outstanding. You would be hard pushed to find a better chalet and service. We have already booked again for next year and we can't recommend it highly enough, just don't tell everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family