This December was our second visit to Alouette. We had been with friends and decided to go with family this year. We love this chalet: fully catered with yummy food, the sauna and Jacuzzi, the perfectly-timed cake you find daily when you come back in in the afternoon, the receptiveness and adaptability of the staff, the attention to details, ... As a guest, you also benefit from discounts on rentals in a suite of shops in town. And you can even schedule a massage in the chalet!
- Overall: A very cozy chalet while being super modern and comfortable (with each room having its own bathroom, etc.). The chimney is something else!
- Food: We remember the food fondly. This year even topped what we recalled. The hostess is a particularly passionate cook so we had wonderful meals.
- Skiing experience: The slopes are super close to the chalet so for avid skiers it is a treat. For less experienced skiers, the chalet offers the service of transport to the ski school meeting point in town.
- Location: Although it is not in the heart of Les Gets, but the chalet is strategically located next to a bus stop and the hustle and bustle of town are merely a 10-minute walk away.
- Cleanliness: The chalet is always kept tidy. Nothing to complain.
- The management is always present - albeit subtly.
The service is a 5 star for a great great price. So you can't beat the quality to price value. We will definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Alouette has 4 ensuite rooms sleeping upto 10. The open plan dining/sitting room is an exceptionally spacious room with the kitchen and dining area at one end and then lots of comfy sofas surrounding the open log fire at the other end. Floor to ceiling French doors lead out onto the large wooden terrace which overlooks the pistes of Les Perrieres and La Turche, which are floodlit at night.There is a shared outdoor hot tub & sauna in the garden. ... more less