Ferme De Montagne
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Stella(Les Gets)
  • Pool
All reviewsjo maloneski huttasting menusecond to nonebreakfast and dinnersnow conditionsmixed abilityafternoon teaski holidaycouple of nightscan't recommend this place highly enoughdelicious foodboutique hotelhome from homecomfortable roomstop classspa facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have not been lucky enough to stay at the Ferme de Montagne but I have eaten in the restaurant twice in recent months whilst staying in Les Gets. Being at the Ferme is a very intimate experience, it is like being invited into someone's beautiful home and both times I have been there I have had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, especially the Foie Gras Burger and the friend I was with is still, a week later, extolling the virtues of the Mushroom Marmalade that accompanied it. The staff were, without exception, lovely, and nothing is too much trouble for them. If you are eating at the Ferme but not staying there part of the service is to pick you up and take you home which also takes away the worry of having a glass too many of wine! The Ferme gets five stars from me.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Vicky C
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I am fortunate enough to have stayed at this incredible slope-side chalet many times before. In early January I visited again and the performance of the chalet was unparalleled by anything I have ever seen in the Alps. Waking up in the morning at the Ferme De Montagne is a unique experience - firstly the rooms are inspirational, the breakfast is delicious and variant everyday with staff that are incredibly prepared. After your pleasant morning invigorating yourself for the slopes you can make your way to the pristine and picturesque ski hut at the front of the chalet where your ski guide is preparing your gear. Every time I have visited the Ferme the ski guides have been above and beyond, they seem to have the art of keeping guests entertained and happy pretty much sorted. All ski guide's I have had the pleasure of spending the day with were entertaining, intelligent and great to have with you on the slopes. Once you have had a brilliant day on the slopes you can return for afternoon tea and a dip in the Jacuzzi - as I write this, I want to return!

The best bit is yet to come! Dining at the Ferme is the icing on the cake, everyday the chefs surprise and amaze you with what they can do in the kitchen. The warm and cozy dining environment will never be forgotten.

Thank you to the Ferme and I hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank William S
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed with 8 friends at Ferme de Montagne in January for a special occasion.

I was the organiser of the trip and prior to our trip I communicated on a regular basis with Ellie, the Client Relationship Manager.

During one of those exchanges I was send some questions about our preferences for example: What kind of pillows we wanted (did we want Dacron or Feather)
Which factor Suncream we wanted
Which type of Nespresso coffee we wanted in our room

This felt incredibly special and beyond anything we had experienced before (even after staying to some amazing places around the world)

We invited all our friends around for dinner before our trip and I compiled a spreadsheet with our preferences by person and by couple/room.
This also included food intolerances and ski equipment requirements to help Ferme de Montagne be ready for our arrival.

Unfortunately not only was none of what we prepared used but it was simply ignored.

We did not have the right suncream, pillows or coffee. I will quickly add that it did not matter but our expectations had been raised and it left us disappointed.
We asked Ellie twice during our stay for a change of pillows for one bed and were told they didn't have enough of that type.

On another note, the shower gels and shampoo get replenished in the same bottles every day. The bottles look old and are in need of replacement.

The problem is when you start looking for the small details, there is plenty to find at Ferme de Montagne to criticise.

We have stayed at Scott Dunn flagship chalets before and the standard is much higher for a much lower price.

As the organiser of this trip, I was left a bit embarrassed at times. One of our friends had to travel in the boot of the 'Ferme de Montagne' car on the way back to the airport. Not quite 5 star!

Room Tip: Best room is above the stairs to the right of the bar
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank ms3003
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I've just returned from Ferme de Montagne, a wonderful boutique hotel in Les Gets. The property is amazing. Suzanne and Henry the owners treat the guests like friends and the staff are hand-picked every year - and it shows! I think I've actually stayed at the 'Ferme' more than a dozen times, with my family and also on my own. It's one of the few places you can go as a single traveller and feel completely comfortable. The skiing is right on your door step - I love being able to leave the chalet whenever I want to (no waiting for the ski bus). Also skiing with the chalet staff each day is such a treat. The chalet staff act as 'your friend' on the mountain helping you to find the nicest pistes and the sunniest slopes.

The Ferme has been open for about ten years now - the property is immaculately maintained, comfortable beds, great bathrooms, delicious afternoon tea. I actually think it is one of the best kept secrets in The Alps. I can't wait to go back - in fact I've booked for the end of March - yippee!!

Room Tip: There is a fabulous duplex room with large double downstairs and loft room upstairs (ideal for kids). To be honest all the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank beaulieu1234
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our favourite ski holiday, by far. We keep coming back. A gorgeous home from home . Really stylish, relaxed, run very professionally. Genuine, charming young staff and personable owner. Best part(s)? Magnificent long leisurely breakfasts with excellent hot dishes , top quality coffee + fine teas. Dinner is so good too, especially the atmosphere (candles, fireplace). The beds are supremely comfortable. Great cocktails at the little bar, good value and good quality wines .

Wonderful value – everything is arranged for you, very comfortable pick-up from the airport, ski passes ready for you, we were picked up from everywhere, even at night. Can’t fault this lovely place at all – very special

Cannot believe the highly unpleasant comments below, but on our visits we’ve only met nice people - who can do the math ! - our Gordons and (Schweppes) tonic cost GBP 9 for a very large one, which is GBP 5.60 for a standard measure. Hardly a rip-off, more a bargain, especially given what an upscale place this is. Well done and thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple