“Outstanding food, super comfortable and stylish boutique ski lodge”
Review of Ferme De Montagne

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Les Gets
Ferme De Montagne
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Les Gets
Paris, France
“Outstanding food, super comfortable and stylish boutique ski lodge”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have stayed here a few times, and it seems to get better and better. We particularly like the food, which is outstanding, in fact the best we have had here so far. There is a wonderful tasting menu a couple of times a week, the other nights a large choice of starters, three main courses and several desserts. We had some outstanding dishes, the equal of some Michelin establishments we have visited. And one evening we had the best hamburger with home made chips triple cooked in goose fat. Breakfast is mega healthy!

The accommodation is very good, loads of character, all wood, so some sounds discernible but not intrusive. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms when the place was full, and then in a larger room. Both very comfortable, especially the beds, great bathrooms with big baths, big shower heads (over the bath, no separate shower), gorgeous taps and loads of vastly luxuriant bath products.The radiators are super stylish.

Out of town, but right on the slopes with beautiful views across the valley in a sun filled location.

A really cosy home from home, with very friendly and welcoming staff and owner. Fabulous!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank faubourghonore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Remember this is not a hotel – no phones in rooms – no one on site overnight. Calls to owner in the evening not answered.

Young staff excellent in every way and to be congratulated. However, one young girl should not have to be responsible for the whole chalet on her own on the kitchen staff’s night off.

Room 3 is no more than a box room and noisy too and Room 4 is only for the slim and agile or you can’t get in and out of bed, and you certainly can’t watch the tiny TV from bed.

Bathroom- all for show – yes Jo Malone but taps, which may look good, are totally impractical. Everything on basin surround got soaked, as did I trying to wash my face! You have to manoeuvre round the tap on the bath, which sticks out too far and could cause nasty bruising.

We asked for 2 rooms for single occupancy and were given the worst ones 3 and 4 without the offer of an upgrade and my friend, who had asked for a quiet room actually had to go to a 2 star hotel for 2 nights until another room became available. Actually she could have moved back after 1 night but owners decided that due to late departure the room could not be cleaned – late departure being 5 pm!

Food good although same dish was offered on 3 out of 6 nights with slightly different garnishes and same desserts offered twice in 3 nights. Watch out for charge for water. We should have asked for carafe tap water, which is absolutely fine to drink.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 3 - it´s more like a box room and noisy. Room 4 only for the agile.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JudyGortway
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 22 March 2014

It’s all been said before, but what we particularly liked was

The beautiful building, and returning to it in the evening just after sunset, seeing its warm glowing lights welcoming you home. Coming up the stairs to a beautiful high beamed room with a stunning fireplace and roaring fire. Conversation at the bar with other guests, an intimate dinner just the two of us, then an after dinner drink by the fireplace.

A blissful, quiet night’s sleep in these now famous beds (it’s the sheepskin on the mattress that is the key, now the secret is out!). Nespresso or tea in bed (but you need to ask for milk the night before, this isn’t a minibar hotel, so it is left in a flask), a big shower, Jo Malone in and after your shower, such bliss . Breakfast is superb here, anything, everything, freshly squeezed, healthy, organic, homemade, including spelt toast. Best cappuccino this side of the Italian border. Cheerful, friendly staff, so professional that they know exactly when you just want to read the news quietly.

Likewise the owner, with whom we spent a wonderful day skiing, even if a couple of hours was eating a leisurely barbecue lunch at an excellent mountain restaurant!

There are so many wonderful aspects to this hotel that you would have to be daft to complain about something like complimentary items, especially of such high quality! Highly recommended.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ccello
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have not been lucky enough to stay at the Ferme de Montagne but I have eaten in the restaurant twice in recent months whilst staying in Les Gets. Being at the Ferme is a very intimate experience, it is like being invited into someone's beautiful home and both times I have been there I have had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, especially the Foie Gras Burger and the friend I was with is still, a week later, extolling the virtues of the Mushroom Marmalade that accompanied it. The staff were, without exception, lovely, and nothing is too much trouble for them. If you are eating at the Ferme but not staying there part of the service is to pick you up and take you home which also takes away the worry of having a glass too many of wine! The Ferme gets five stars from me.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Vicky C
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I am fortunate enough to have stayed at this incredible slope-side chalet many times before. In early January I visited again and the performance of the chalet was unparalleled by anything I have ever seen in the Alps. Waking up in the morning at the Ferme De Montagne is a unique experience - firstly the rooms are inspirational, the breakfast is delicious and variant everyday with staff that are incredibly prepared. After your pleasant morning invigorating yourself for the slopes you can make your way to the pristine and picturesque ski hut at the front of the chalet where your ski guide is preparing your gear. Every time I have visited the Ferme the ski guides have been above and beyond, they seem to have the art of keeping guests entertained and happy pretty much sorted. All ski guide's I have had the pleasure of spending the day with were entertaining, intelligent and great to have with you on the slopes. Once you have had a brilliant day on the slopes you can return for afternoon tea and a dip in the Jacuzzi - as I write this, I want to return!

The best bit is yet to come! Dining at the Ferme is the icing on the cake, everyday the chefs surprise and amaze you with what they can do in the kitchen. The warm and cozy dining environment will never be forgotten.

Thank you to the Ferme and I hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank William S
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed with 8 friends at Ferme de Montagne in January for a special occasion.

I was the organiser of the trip and prior to our trip I communicated on a regular basis with Ellie, the Client Relationship Manager.

During one of those exchanges I was send some questions about our preferences for example: What kind of pillows we wanted (did we want Dacron or Feather)
Which factor Suncream we wanted
Which type of Nespresso coffee we wanted in our room

This felt incredibly special and beyond anything we had experienced before (even after staying to some amazing places around the world)

We invited all our friends around for dinner before our trip and I compiled a spreadsheet with our preferences by person and by couple/room.
This also included food intolerances and ski equipment requirements to help Ferme de Montagne be ready for our arrival.

Unfortunately not only was none of what we prepared used but it was simply ignored.

We did not have the right suncream, pillows or coffee. I will quickly add that it did not matter but our expectations had been raised and it left us disappointed.
We asked Ellie twice during our stay for a change of pillows for one bed and were told they didn't have enough of that type.

On another note, the shower gels and shampoo get replenished in the same bottles every day. The bottles look old and are in need of replacement.

The problem is when you start looking for the small details, there is plenty to find at Ferme de Montagne to criticise.

We have stayed at Scott Dunn flagship chalets before and the standard is much higher for a much lower price.

As the organiser of this trip, I was left a bit embarrassed at times. One of our friends had to travel in the boot of the 'Ferme de Montagne' car on the way back to the airport. Not quite 5 star!

Room Tip: Best room is above the stairs to the right of the bar
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank ms3003
Monaco
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I've just returned from Ferme de Montagne, a wonderful boutique hotel in Les Gets. The property is amazing. Suzanne and Henry the owners treat the guests like friends and the staff are hand-picked every year - and it shows! I think I've actually stayed at the 'Ferme' more than a dozen times, with my family and also on my own. It's one of the few places you can go as a single traveller and feel completely comfortable. The skiing is right on your door step - I love being able to leave the chalet whenever I want to (no waiting for the ski bus). Also skiing with the chalet staff each day is such a treat. The chalet staff act as 'your friend' on the mountain helping you to find the nicest pistes and the sunniest slopes.

The Ferme has been open for about ten years now - the property is immaculately maintained, comfortable beds, great bathrooms, delicious afternoon tea. I actually think it is one of the best kept secrets in The Alps. I can't wait to go back - in fact I've booked for the end of March - yippee!!

Room Tip: There is a fabulous duplex room with large double downstairs and loft room upstairs (ideal for kids...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo