“Amazing atmosphere and food”
Review of La Tornalta - CLOSED

La Tornalta
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Spent a lovely 'last' night meal here. Food was excellent and couldn't be faulted. Service was quirky and attentive. Recommend to anyone who wants something special.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We tried to eat here a couple of times and managed to book ahead! We had a pleasant evening. The olde worlde interior was cosy. The staff friendly and welcoming.

The food was well cooked and enjoyable. We enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Interesting after reading Edwards review ( also party of 8) stroppy service and even brought out the wrong meal for one of us but insisted we had to eat it because the cook had made a mistake! Our waitress insisted that a service charge is never included (NEVER) well guess what service isn't included at this restaurant either. Steer clear

2  Thank Reg M
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I dined at this restaurant with seven friends one evening in early March and could not believe my ears when the rude, abrupt and generally incompetent waitress had the audacity to insist that my party left a tip. what made this even more laughable was that she had brought the wrong meal to one of our party and then went on to insist that there would be no replacement. Preposterous!!! There are lots of other nice places to eat in Samoens (which is a lovely village), I would suggest that you give La Tornalta a wide berth.

3  Thank Covtony
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went to the tornalta as part of a party of 8 and we experienced possibly the most rude service I have ever come across. Whilst they were reasonably attentive at first before serving their average (at best) food. They swiftly started removing the plates whilst people were still trying to enjoy their meal. We were then neglected in the most part for the rest of the evening, waiting for 20 minutes to settle the bill and not being provided with additional glasses for our wine. When the bill eventually arrived we had held back a proportion of our cash to leave as a tip before preceding with a card transaction, however we were then heavily prompted about having to leave a tip in a brash abrupt manner. I cannot recall ever having been asked for a tip before in a restaurant, particularly to reward what had already been fairly bad service! To put it simply there are better friendlier places to eat in samoens, or failing that eat in!

2  Thank Edward I