Hotel Le Lavachey
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just back from a trip with friends to this chalet.

The location is superb - only a short walk to the ski lifts and bars/restaurants.

The rooms are quite basic, but for a trip with friends it was not a problem. Comfortable beds and everything was clean and functional.

The food was excellent - evening meals especially.

The staff were also great and the afternoon tea/coffee, cakes/baguettes were very welcome.

I'd definitely go back to this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Will S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just had a great week at Chalet Lavachey now (for couple of years I think) run by Alpine Elements. AE staff were really brilliant and rooms, food, etc all great, bath and shower perfect and always hot water. For position it does not get better - village centre ski to/from the chalet. Would thoroughly recommend. Teenagers had a ball and afternoon tea cakes, games, constant tea coffee, honesty beer bar etc all much appreciated little touches

We drove via Channel Tunnel from Hampshire, just over 12 hours each way. Top tip get a saneftolling gadget to be able to go through tolls with auto driect debit payments - see online.

PS. Some pics on trip advisor for this property are out of date - Chalet has had some new bathrooms, and been updated in various parts.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed top floor rooms, but everyone seemed happy - here to ski not on honeymoon !!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jami mike
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Just returned home from an amazing holiday in Tigne at the chalet lavachey. You can't get a better location for a chalet, walking distance to all the main ski lifts, resteraunts, bars, shops, swimming pool and bus stop to other resorts. The food at the chalet was excellent, lovely three course meal every night, endless amount of chalet wine, If there is something on the menu in the morning you don't like then Liam the chef will happily make you a lovely alternative. Tea and coffee available all day and afternoon. Cakes or bagettes with jam or butter available all afternoon. The cakes were all lovely, a different one each day. All the staff are very friendly and helpfull. The chalet is basic but clean. It could do with having a bit of a refurbishment but the location and food makes up for this. It's worth upgrading your ski pass to the full espace killy resort pass to take advantage of all the ski lifts available. We will definately return to this chalet and would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fiona W
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have just returned from the chalet lavachey in tignes after having a truly wonderful holiday. This is the first time I have travelled alone and that was the main worry for me, however as soon as I was through the gates at Geneva airport I was met by rob the area manager who brilliant, he looked after me and got me safely on my way. On arrival at the chalet I was not disappointed, I was met by Bex and her lovely team, I had a very basic but comfortable and clean room with fantastic views and an en-suite. Although I diddent take part in many of the activities (I had just had my 80th birthday before I left!!) I still found plenty to keep me entertained from the beautiful walks around the lake and the good company from the staff and other guests was lovely.

The food at the chalet had no faults what so ever, the chef was very flexible and cooked me a lovely breakfast each morning, the food in the evenings was equally as good and the afternoon tea again was delicious, a real treat to come home to, Debby the chef really does a great job.

Alpine elements ensured that I had a very relaxing holiday, I was truly looked after, I would thoroughly recommend a visit to this resort

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Joan W
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Took the family with Alpine Elements, to Tignes in theFrench Alps, for an activity holiday. What a great time we had. Adam, Andy,Becs and rest of staff at Hotel Lavachey were the best,couldn't ask for better. Even before we left the U.K. the message from Adam saying he would be meeting us at the airport with transport to the resort etc, set the standard for us. The mountain biking was more than we were used to, but with Andys advise and guided rides our 2 boys had a great time. The sport activities provided by Tignes were spot on. The tennis,football,volleyball,table tennis,sailing,kayaking kept the family busy.
Great day had white water rafting. Even got some morning skiing in on the Glacier!
Will deffinatley be back.

Room Tip: Basic rooms but tidy and comfortable. Chalet has a well used tired look but all over clean and tidy
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family