“Cead Mile Failte with JP! ”
Review of SoBar

SoBar
Ranked #2 of 4 Nightlife in Tignes
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozy living room style bar/restaurant. So specialises in bringing you fine wine and rare spirits, delicious French tapas, mexican specials, hearty paninis and oven baked potatoes all served in a warm friendly manner. Fantastic coffee served all day. Belgians best beers on tap, more than 20 wine references sold by the glass and expertly matched to our food menu, an eclectic mix of rare whiskies, rums, tequila, mezcals and gins. Rare is standard in Sobar.
Galway, Ireland
“Cead Mile Failte with JP! ”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Waking into Sobar is like walking into your best friend's sitting room. JP welcomes you with chats and bants and whether it's a cup of tea or a cocktail made especially for you he'll sort you out with whatever you need.

“Best atmosphere in Tignes.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Sobar is one of those special places. As soon as you walk in you feel instantly at home. JP, the enigmatic owner, is there to offer you the best of beers, wines and cocktails. He will wow you with his knowledge and experience with making drinks. My advice: visit, sit back, relax and enjoy all Sobar has to offer.

Galway, Ireland
“Best cocktails ever!!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Genuinely one of the best bars I've been to and I'm Irish ;-) J.P is a top guy, just ask for one of his special cocktails, you won't be disappointed!

Visited April 2014
“Splendiferous”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Great place held by great people!
you will feel welcome within minutes, and won't go any other place once you've tried SoBar.

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Words cannot describe how good SoBar is!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

What can I say about SoBar.....there is so much to say!!
I have been coming to Tignes for the last 7 or so years, unfortunately missing the last two; to my surprise there has been many a bar come and go throughout the years. To my delight....SoBar is here; just around the corner from Le Home club (my living quarters for my holiday) and suited perfectly for my exquisite taste.

A bar with premium beers (not that watered down gassy stuff in pitchers every other bar serves at apres), premium atmosphere, premium service, premium wines and premium banter! JP and Fairy are fine hosts and owners of SoBar. They have created the ultimate haven for lunchtime drinks, apres ski and evening festivities. Their hospitality and impeccable friendliness is evident the minute you walk through the door. JP even ordered one of the best burgers I've had on the mountain from a neighbouring restaurant for me when I was famished after a whole day of riding, which I was very grateful for.

I would recommend this bar to anyone and will be talking about it to everyone for a long time as I had so many great experiences and memories there during my trip. SoBar, JP and Fairy made my trip the best yet and I cant wait to go back - the sooner the better. Summer perhaps? I feel I have made some new friends in Tignes and found a brother from another mother in the form of JP. My only two regrets are I didn't manage to experience the well revered and cost efficient wine tasting that JP offers at the bar and is so passionate about and finally I didn't stay longer!

I advise everyone, young, old, families, dogs to book a trip to Tignes and experience the wonders of SoBar with JP and Fairy!

Thanks again. Leon (aka Chris Rock and Donkey from Shrek)

Visited March 2014