“Comprehensive BASI Lvl 1 + 2 Coaching over a 10 week period”
Review of Fresh Snowboarding

Fresh Snowboarding
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Tignes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Exceptional quality Snowboard instruction from extremely experienced & fully qualified leading GB female coach, Renelle Mortimer. The only woman in Europe approved to Examine Snowboard Instructors. Privates, groups, camps and workshops specialising in Technical, Tactical and Psychological holistic approach for all level riders. Offering Piste, Backcountry and Freestyle (park and pipe) exceptional snowboard coaching for all ages. Based in world famous resort of Tignes/Val d'isere, France.
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had the pleasure of being taught by Renelle for around 5 full weeks, in which time she managed to shape myself and 9 others to become BASI Lvl 1+2 qualified instructors.

Every minute was a pleasure, Renelle is an extremely competent instructor with a wealth of knowledge, without fail she managed to seamlessly stitch together a days riding which catered to the teaching needs and riding capabilities of all students, meaning that no one was ever left wanting and everyone was constantly being pushed.

.... Brilliant!.

Renelle possessed a crystal clear understanding of the requirements, specification and standard required to pass both Lvl 1+2 courses, this, combined with a fantastic ability to identify and subsequently give feedback to rectify students riding issues made her to be a veritable fountain of knowledge!

I would highly recommend, fantastic teaching experience and generally a nice hombre to be around....

1  Thank Milo S
in 4 reviews
"down to earth"
"the dragon"

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I joined with Renelle as part of a group in Tignes this year after looking at a few different companies offering teaching and so glad that I did - great personal coaching with Renelle working on every aspect of your riding, including board set-up - all of which improved my skills over the course of the week, to the point where we were hitting bigger jumps, pulling better tricks and riding smoother runs by the end of the week. She is happy to go with whatever you want to work on which meant we had a really varied and super fun week. Will definitely be giving her a shout again when I am back in Tignes. Thanks Renelle - Ed

1  Thank ed p
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just finished a week of snowboarding in Tignes. Had solo lessons with Renelle on day one as my confidence and skills were low having only boarded once before. The instruction I received was excellent and far better than previous lessons I'd had. Renelle explained everything in a simple manner with plenty of time to practice. She identified what I wanted to achieve from the day and ensured that my goals were met, but did not rush to teaching me this until I had grasped the lead up skills. She also provided excellent advice on the length of my board, width of stance in the bindings and the bindings themselves so when i went back to the rental shop I was able to change and had a much better experience for the rest of the week. She is friendly and calm and really helped me build my confidence. I would recommend having several shorter lessons if you are a novice like me, i went for a full day and whilst the tuition throughout was excellent it was a very tiring experience, but this was my fault and nothing to do with Renelle. Overall, I would highly recommend Fresh Snowboarding to anyone looking for snowboarding lessons at the novice level and am considering going back to Tignes next year over other resorts so that she can help me get even better. Definitely book early I have a feeling Renelle will be very much in demand. Thanks so much!

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just passed my level 2 instructor course and it wouldn't have been possible without Renelle. Great instructor, id recommend her to anyone!

1  Thank Jonathan H