“Comfortable hotel in great location”
Review of Levanna

Levanna
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Tignes
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Comfortable hotel in great location”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an attractive, comfortable hotel. The rooms are nicely appointed. The bathrooms are small but clean and obviously recently refurbished. There is plenty of hot water and the shower was good. The only down side was that my room faced the street and I was disturbed by the sound of revellers at the bar opposite (which didn't stop until past 2am), even though the window was closed.
Breakfast was good: juice, yoghurts, breads, jams, fruit, cheese, meat, boiled eggs, croissants etc etc. Hot drinks were brought to the table by a very nice waiter who remembered what I ordered and brought my coffee without being asked. The coffee, with hot milk, was excellent. I didn't eat there in the evening so can't comment.
The hotel is ideally situated right by the Tovière lift and close to bars and restaurants and to a good ski hire shop.
I liked the lockers with heaters for the boots and the fact that there was a code needed to get into the ski room. The system at the last hotel I stayed in (in Serre Chevalier) was nowhere near as good and skis were stolen the week I was there.
It was good to have a drink in the bar when we got back from the slopes. Prices were reasonable and the drinks came with nibbles.
It was odd that reception was not staffed until 9am, which meant that there was no-one to deal with queries before most people were setting off for the day.
I would definitely stay here again, although I would request a room on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maureen G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

City Detective here just back from a weeks ski holiday with Jane in Tignes.
What can I say about The Levanna, well only fantastic things.

You know that City Detective being a senior sort of citizen ( 57 this year) requires comfort and plenty rest after a days skiing and booked Levanna through Inghams and after research on Trip Advisor.

It has been over 10 years since I visited Tignes and the Levanna was not even built then.

The location is fantastic, right on the slopes with great access to lifts ideal for me, the rooms are comfortable, clean, warm and without fault.
Jane and I booked a piste view with balcony - excellent.

Breakfast and evening meals have plenty of choice and very tasty, mmmmm!
This is a family owned and managed hotel and you can tell because staff engage with you and are genuinely interested in you and your holiday experience.
The ski room is the best I have ever used and I have skied all over Europe.
All rooms have a personalised large lockable ski locker which contains heated bop tracks and hooks for poles etc.
The ski room is also spacious with plenty seating for dressing and booting up and for a weary city detective to sit down after a day on the planks.

I took the opportunity to speak to other guests (did not know I could speak so many languages) and they all agreed that this is a great hotel.

Would I return Yes. Would I recommend this hotel Yes.
I agree with all fellow Trip Advisor reviewers, book this hotel and you will not be disappointed.
Well done staff at the Levanna and hope to see you in 2016 if my legs and knees hold out.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank citydetective
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Like some of the other reviewers, we have returned year on year to the Levanna: we are just back from our 8th visit. And whilst there this year we met one Belgian couple who had been there every year since the hotel was rebuilt 12 years ago. The fact that so many return, like us, is that Le Levanna ticks all the boxes....at Tignes le Lac (2100m) the snow is dependable, ski-in/ski-out, excellent ski locker room, underground car park, comfortable rooms and really good food. The breakfast buffets are a good continental spread, and the 'regional' set menu at Dinner can be supplemented by choosing alternate dishes from the a la carte menu, though some incur a small supplement. And the terrace is a great place to have a light lunch on a sunny day should you happen to be passing at lunchtime!
Quite simply, it's a friendly, family run, hotel that it's a pleasure to return to: and you know just what to expect.
This is our first 'Review', but one of our consistent comments over the past years has been that it's a shame the lounge/bar on the reception floor isn't promoted more...we enjoy a pre-dinner drink, but often are the only ones there and have to find the barman from the downstairs bar to get served. The wood fire being lit as a matter of course, rather than seemingly haphazardly, might draw more people in.
The wifi system has been updated since our last stay and is much improved. There is a nominal access fee, per device, for the duration of the stay.
Next update: slightly more comfortable mattresses? A little on the firm side at the moment, but I guess not all would agreee!

Room Tip: 'Vue sur Piste' (S side) are nicest, though you may hear the piste machines as they pass occ...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Levanna hotel is in the best location in Tignes le Lac if you like minimum time from boot room to slope. The newly refurbished Toviere bubble lift is on your doorstep and the Rosset nursery slope is but a few 'skates' away. The hotel itself is comfortable and friendly. Bedrooms are a good size and well appointed, bathrooms aren't huge but there's always plenty of hot water.There's also a small spa, hidden on the first floor, which is a welcome escape after a long day on the pistes! The restaurant is well run with attentive staff. As two families we have visited for the last nine years... we've thought about looking elsewhere but find that the mix of comfortable surroundings, reliable service and a fabulous location are hard to beat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been skiing for over 30 years and I have a rule never to ski the same resort twice. We have now been back to Tignes and Hotel Levanna four times in the last 5 years (and that includes 3 visits in the last 3 years)!!!

A family ski holiday with young kids does not get better than a stay at Hotel Levanna. The hotel is kid friendly and ideally located metres away from the ski-school and the lifts. The hotel is ski-in, ski-out (and there is even a black run that ends right at the hotel for the more advanced skiers).

The food is superb (the restaurant is recommended by the Michelin Guide) and caters to all dietary requirements. The sauna, steam room and jacuzzi are a blessing for tired limbs at the end of a hectic day skiing the vast area that is Espace Killy. The village indoor pool and slides is a late afternoon delight for kids and adults alike and the esf ski school puts on freestyle shows with free drinks and nibbles and even arrange a torch-lit descent for the more accomplished younger skiers.

Grandparents, older cousins, aunt and uncles join us every other year for a big family get together and the village (although lacking the charm of the Austrian resorts) appears to cater to all their needs.

My only surprise about the Hotel Levanna is its three star rating, it deserves at least a four star rating.

We highly recommend Hotel Levanna to anyone who loves skiing.

Room Tip: The communal swimming pool is literally metres away from the hotel. The south facing rooms have b...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Nice comfortable room, good food, great location with very scenic views of val claret from our window, excellent service from everyone, hot tub a good temperature as was the sauna and steam room, fantastic for weary limbs, ski lockers have boot heaters which in my view is a must, we arrived late and had a terrific buffet meal waiting for us in our room, beds a little hard my only gripe otherwise I would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Have stayed at the Levanna more than 5 times. Location is perfect - and mountain facing rooms are quiet. Have stayed on a B&B basis and eaten elsewhere with friends - breakfast is good. Boot room is also good.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple