“Had a great time but could have been even better”
Review of L'Aiguille Percee

and 1 more site!
L'Aiguille Percee
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Tignes
Reviewed 3 February 2013

As Mark Warner is a premium brand with prices to match I had very high expectations. I was slightly disappointed, although I still had a great holiday. The hotel is in a fabulous location with easy and quick access to a variety of lifts. It is also in quite a pretty part of Tignes. In such a great resort if the snow is good it would be hard not to have a good time on piste.

The staff were generally enthusiastic but they are all very young, and unfortunately display a lack of maturity when it came to dealing with minor problems and queries. My overall impression was that a degree of complacency had set in on Mark Warner's part in terms of what guests paying premium prices expect to get for their money.

Also, some of the rooms need serious updating, as earlier reviewers have mentioned.

If I had paid 20% less for this I would have expected less and been extremely satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank TaxChic

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Had a great time staying at the Aiguille, the staff were all very friendly and helpful and the food was amazing. Being a vegetarian I was a bit worried about what the menu would be like, but there was absolutely no need for worry, the chef’s had prepared an excellent menu and clearly had put effort into making vegetarian meals. As mentioned I found the staff to be great and they were always happy to have a chat and give advice on where to go out etc. The manager Matt was also very pleasant and helpful giving me some tips on the best places to ski. As for the room, although a bit dated I wasn’t overly bothered as I was in Tignes for the snow and only spent a short amount of time in the room. The location of the hotel is perfect, you literally have the slopes, shops and restaurants on the doorstep what more can you ask for! Overall, I had a great experience at the Aiguille and would definitely stay again. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Sandra U
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Absolutely loved our stay at Aguille Percee from start to finish. The staff were so lovely, welcoming and enthusiastic, we settled in right away. I feel I have to mention Luke here because he was fantastic. Always up for a laugh and willing to join in the fun.

The chalet atmosphere meant that it was much more inclusive and relaxed than a hotel, which was perfect. The food was fantastic, a hearty buffet breakfast every day (croissants, cereal, fruits, porridge, fry ups), great afternoon tea (cakes/soup), and a three course dinner with wine every night.

I would definitely recommend taking part in everything on offer at the hotel. The games nights in particular are a great way of letting your hair down and meeting lots of very lovely and like-minded people. We all had a huge laugh during 'the square'. I regret not taking up the winter hosting. Our friend did it every day and really recommended it.

Rooms could do with a lick of paint but it really wasn't a big deal. I hardly used our room except to shower and sleep! It all looked cosy and rustic (in a good way) and it was all kept very clean. After all we were there to ski hard, eat well (and enjoy the apres)!

By the end of the week we had made some great friends and found it so hard to leave! The manager, Matt, has been here five years and does a great job with the place. Thanks Mark Warner and all the staff!!

Room Tip: Book early! If you want something in particular, then ask for it when you place the booking. We had...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed here in Jan 2013 as part of a large group travelling with the Ski Club of Great Britain. Our bags were taken to our room on arrival, which was a real bonus. Our room was on the fourth floor with a balcony and large picture window and a great view of the mountains and ski area. The room was a good size with plenty of space to store and hang ski gear. I found the bed very comfortable. The bathroom and separate toilet were both compact and in need of a little TLC, but we never had problems with hot water, even with 50 skiers returning at the same time of day.

The food selection at breakfast was very good, with baked goods, cereals, yoghurt, porridge and eggs, bacon and sausage. There was also a breakfast specials menu every day. Afternoon tea was excellent, served every day at 4:30pm. The three course evening meal was also very good, with a selection of three starters, three main meals and either cheese, ice cream or dessert.

There is a separate boot room and ski storage area.

I found the hotel very pleasant and thought the staff were an absolute credit to Mark Warner. I would highly recommend L'Aiguille Percee if you are thinking of staying in Tignes Le Lac.

Room Tip: A room facing the Aeroski Gondola on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Well we're do I start? My self and my family of 4 were met at the airport by a very enthusiastic ski host called Luke. He was very informative about our transfer and what to expect during our holiday. On arrival we where met by the hotel staff who helped unload the coach with all our bags. We then settled into our rooms, I was lucky enough to have one of the refurbished rooms which were lovely with a great view. Customer service team were amazing, they helped me to find a pharmacy when my husband was feeling unwell (man flu). Childcare were amazing my twin boys aged 6 absolutely LOVED the nannies and Lauren head of childcare couldn't of been more welcoming. They loved all the activities and particularly enjoyed bum boarding. The nannies put a Great deal of effort into entertaining the children and looking after them.
Food was great! The head chef was brilliant considering one of my children has a dietary requirement and couldn't of been more helpful adapting his meals to suit him. Thank you again Timmy.
Matt the manager was exceptional in his role, he made my family feel so welcome and he was professional at all times.
The hotel staff were great they always said hello my to children, high 5ing them when they walked past. My self and my husband enjoyed the evening entertainment the staff had organised, was such fun. My husband especially enjoyed "The Square".
All in all a great holiday, we will be booking again with Mark Warner.
Only negative we wish we had booked for two weeks!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BeckyEgham_UK
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We are a family of five; mum, dad and teenage\early 20s kids, who have just had another great Mark Warner ski holiday, this time at the Aguille Percee, in Tignes.
I have never written a review for any website before, but was prompted to do so after reading some of the negative feedback regarding Christmas week. Were we on the same holiday? We are regular MW skiers, (like many others at the Aguille, this Christmas) and the general family opinion was that this Christmas was one of our best. Matt, the manager, and his team of staff were fabulous, and should be proud of a job well done.
The 'winter hosting' is one of the main reasons we choose MW, time and again. Hotel guests have the option of skiing with one of three hosts, in a fast, intermediate or leisurely group. All groups meet up for lunch, usually at a mountain restaurant, when skiers can reassess their energy levels, and possibly change groups! As a family, we all like to ski at different levels, so this suits us perfectly, and helps us to socialise with other guests, and, literally 'break the ice' quickly. This years ski hosts were wonderful, thank you for making our holiday, Luke, Sam and Steph.
Back at the hotel, the chalet staff really got us all in to the Christmas spirit...I had no idea that Michael Buble had recorded so many Christmas songs! Restaurant staff were cheerful and efficient; certainly no complaints about food from this family. Our Christmas dinner was magnificent! For those of us who still had the energy (or who got carried away by the unlimited amount of wine, included with dinner), the staff organised some hilarious after dinner games, in the bar.
Regarding value for money,Tignes\Val d'Isere is one of the best ski areas in the Alps, if not the world! The hotel is located a few steps away from the lifts that access this wonderful playground. OK, some of the rooms may not be especially 'posh', but surely the hotels 5 star location helps to balance the scales?
As we pack away the salopettes and the goggles, until the next ski trip, we hope that we will be back at the Aguille Percee, one day.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Snowplough_13
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Fantastic trip, the Mark warner staff were very helpful and very welcoming as ever. The Hotel has gone through some cosmetic changes outside over the summer and they appear to have started on the inside. We had 2 rooms, 304 is on the 3rd floor overlooking the lake. While the room is looking dated it was always Very clean and the house keeping staff did a fab job always tided up any odd piece of clothing left lying around. The toilet needs a revamp to make access easier. but im sure that will come this summer. The other room was 403 and this is one of the rooms that's been refurbished this year and the bathroom is fantastic with a large shower and lots of room.The main bedroom is beautifully decorated and has a view down the valley.
The food is fantastic and what's moor the the 2 chiefs were happy not to just give recipes if asked but to also sit down with you and give you tips on preparing the food.
The manager Matt is always very accommodating and very professionally, One time i witnessed him receiving a complaint from a customer and the way he dealt with it was fantastic, alas the customer was one i`m sure Mark Warner could have done with out, very loud and complained about thinks that everyone else was singing the praises about, eg food ski hosting etc.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting fab food, great skiing and a great atmosphere, just don't expect to much from the room decor until next year.
I have stayed here 4 times now and would not hesitate to go back, the fantastic staff always make up for any imperfections the hotel has

Room Tip: 312 412 403 are all fab
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family