“My First Snow Holiday :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tignes
SkiBrev Chalet La Sache
Ranked #3 of 17 Tignes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We stayed for two weeks at La Sache. I had no idea what to expect as a complete beginner at snowboarding; I had never even been into the mountains before.
I have been informed by everyone I've spoken to that I have been spoiled and that nowhere else in this price range could hope to live up to the standard of La Sache!
More than the stunning location, fantastic meals and luxurious facilities, it was the knowledgeable, warm and friendly staff that made our stay so memorable. They went above and beyond with the service and we had such a laugh too. We would definitely go back and have already recommended La Sache to anyone who’ll listen.
Lucy & Sam

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank talkingparcel

Reviewed 2 February 2012

We're do we start complimenting this fantastic chalet. Value for money, The food, quality of ingredients, menus ,chalet position,friendliness of its staff,the welcome on arrival, resort, chalet facilities,a true FIVE star experience. I am a professional Chef retired now for two years,having taught cookery for 35 years in a colleges of Further Education,prior to that I worked in several 5 star London and Swiss hotels .My wife and I as well as our family that spent the week at Chalet La Sache,have stayed in quality Hotels around the world we know and appreciate quality when we experience it.We can not wait to make our return to Chalet La Sache and experience it again.Thanks again Nick to you and your amazing team.Best wishes the Wrights,Millers,Moens,Richardsons and Smiths

Room Tip: All excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Morning Nick,
Yesterday we arrived home from our holiday in the chalet. I actually don't know where to start telling you about our thoughts.
As you are aware your chalet is absolutely amazing. It has everything a skier needs to make the experience perfect and I can only assume you must be skiers to have put together such a package.
The quality and standard of the chalet is exceptional. Perhaps a good test, in our experience, is the standard of the beds and in this case is was perfect. We all said that we just sank into the pillows and the quilts were so comfortable. We all slept well. The whole chalet just displays cosy and comfortable living at the highest level. The sofa's in the lounge meant we didn't want to move after evening meal, supported buy the log fire. The hot tub and jacuzzi made the skiing day perfect. Again I have to say it is the best jacuzzi we have all experienced ( even our American condos couldn't beat yours ). All our aches and pains drifted away.
Food - where to start. Tim, your chef, gave a feast of food. EVERY night .We kept saying - this has got to be the best all round meal of the holiday but it continued for the whole week. The standard and presentation was 5* and I can honestly say every plate was empty at the end of every meal. He is a very fine chef and takes great pride in his work. He is also very modest when we commented on his meals and just accepted that was his job. He is great chef and made our holiday perfect. The extras - drinks package, cheese board etc at the end of the meal were all very much appreciated extras that made the experience perfect for us.
Staff. All your staff were very helpful and friendly to us all. Lisa made sure everything was catered for and she also made sure we didn't want for anything. The transport to the lifts was very much appreciated as the road conditions were quite trecherous for walking down the hill. Oly also took and picked up, at the end of the day ,the beginners in the party into Tignes to save having to ski back to the village. Again this was very much appreciated.
As you have gathered Nick we can only give nothing but praise and thanks for this wonderful holiday. You have obviously built up an excellent experience for your customers and we all thank you for that.
I think I need to finish this review by just saying a very big ' thank you ' to your staff and to you.
Regards

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent =- no need to choose
1  Thank Brenda E
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Well – what can I say!

After a long, boring and depressing drive, we arrived home at around 1am this morning!

But – that was the ONLY negative, in a TRULY FANTASTIC holiday (it was also the only thing out of the control of the Ski Brev team)!

Chalet Le Sache is exacly what it claims to be, and as such is exactly what we expected – the perfect location for our annual family ski trip!

However, the part of the holiday that seriously exceeded our expections, was the attitude, determination and commitment of the 5 man team to ensuring that ABSOLULETY every element of our holiday was both memorable and professional.

In our experience, one of the most difficult elemments of managing chalet life is striking a balance between luxury and homliness, as both are essential ingredients.

The team are simly experts at doing just that! In fact, I would hazard a guess - as some of the staff are in their first season, that Ski Brev goes to great lengths to ensure that the staff half half a chance by actually showing them and training them as to how a truly memorable experience can be delivered, and that the standards are set!

If so – it worked!

From Lisa’s expert orgainisational skills, Ollies willingness to ‘go the extra mile’, and Chris and Kitty’s commitment to detail – and putting the guests at ease, the perfect balance is struck each and every day, without becoming pretencious and as clinical as one may find in a 5 star hotel (certainly not what chalets are about in my view)!

And of course, no compliment would be complete without a special mention to the chef. Tims menus, food delivery, and felixibility once again, dovetail niceley with all the elements to make chalet la sache and ski brev the truly, unique experience that it is!

The icing on the cake for me, is that many of the staff seem to have little comprehension about just how good they are at doing what they do. This level of humility, will ensure that standards remain high and the dreaded complacency never sets in.

The team speak very highly of thier company, and its directors, and my family and I genuinley feel that not only could nothing have been better, but also that if we ever do decide to go to another chalet we would only ever experience dissapointment as the standard has truly been set, as such we plan to return not only next year, but indefintley (until the kids grow up and don’t want to be seen with us anymore)!

A Big well done and thanks to you all!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Arrived to champagne reception. Staff were very very helpful nothing was too much for them. Food was excellent. Location very quiet - tucked out of the way. Lovely resort. Chalet was clean and tidy. Spa was superb. The beds were very comfortable. We were dropped off every morning by chalet staff to the lifts and in addition there is a free bus service around the resorts. As a complete ski beginner, the nursery slope at Brevieres is quite steep but after two days that was conquered. Le Lac and Val d'isere have flatter and better nursery facilties but the staff took us there in the morning and collected us in the afternoon.

1  Thank craig118
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed here with my wife and a couple of friends in March 2011. The chalet is fantastic, the bedrooms, lounge, games room and spa were all well equipped, nicely furnished and always clean. We particularly enjoyed returning from skiing to a freshly baked cake, coffee and then retiring to the outdoor hot tub to ease our aches and pains.

The chalet staff were friendly and attentive and all of the meals were of a very high quality. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and the only notable drawback is that Tignes Les Brevieres is at the far end of the Espace Killy ski area so you need to consider heading back by mid-afternoon to avoid being stuck after the lifts close, it wasn't a big deal for us though.

Thanks very much to the team for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gcairns
Reviewed 21 November 2010

We were lucky enough to find this place shortly after it opened, been back year after year and always thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Easy going hospitality, great food wrapped in a fabulously spacious & well appointed chalet - skiing's pretty good too!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends