I would say that we enjoyed our stay here. But for you that just want fancy rooms and the latest interior, you have to turn to some of the 4 or 5 star hotels. If you ask me I would say that you really get value for your money in this place.
When we arrived the staff was very friendly and spoke good English. They explained that we need to check the list of things that are included in the room. Like pots and pans, glasses etc. We also got keys to some lockers on the first floor to keep “our skies”. Though, the locker is too small, especially if you have two snowboards.
Our apartment was 16 square meters, and in the living room we had two sofa beds, kitchen table and a flat screen TV. Then it was a small hallway, small kitchen area (hob with two burners, refrigerator, microwave), and a bathroom with a small bathtub. All and all I think it was enough space for two persons. We had the apartment with a balcony, and it was totally worth it! Really nice to take a chair and sit outside in the sun in the afternoon when coming back from the slopes.
Wi-Fi is not available in the rooms, but it’s free in the reception area. In that area there is also a fussball game, pinball and a pool table.
Before you go home you have to clean the room yourself. Vacuum cleaner and mop is available in the room. Other cleaning things you need to buy yourself. You also need to take care of your own garbage and carry it outside. When we checked out they checked our room fast, so we didn’t have to wait for a long time.
• Really close to the slopes. Just take the elevator down and you are basically in the slope.
• Close to food stores and restaurants.
• Nice and helpful staff.
• Calm hotel where it’s quiet in the nights.
• The sofa beds are not that comfortable. The madras is a bit old.
• Blankets and pillows seem a bit old as well. You get clean sheets when you check in, but it’s not nice to see that your pillow is stained when you are making your bed. Also it would have been more comfortable to have duvet covers for the quilts, than simple sheets.
• It’s only one radiator in the room, so we felt a bit cold some nights.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Stayforlong S.L., Ski Planet, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Residence Odalys Tourotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Maeva Tourotel Hotel Val Thorens