“Good Location / Poor Accommodation”

Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Machu Pichu
Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Machu Pichu
London, United Kingdom
“Good Location / Poor Accommodation”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here with 4 friends, the rooms were far too small for 5 adults with limited storage facilities/very dingy and grubby. When we arrived we had no bedding, pillows or towels and when I asked the reception for these I was told I would be charged for any additional items I took out, the staff had clearly not made the rooms ready prior to our arrival. For two days of our trip we had no hot water with the hotel making no apology for this or even suggesting where we could go to have a shower. I have traveled across South East Asia stayed in hostels better than this, in addition I have been on School/University Ski trips and stayed in much better facilities on a tight budget. The one positive I can take from this "hotel" was that it was Ski in Ski out with the slopes right outside our door.

2 Thank Lewis C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Apartments are very basic but OK for a skiing holiday, Best if not fully occupied, I would recommend only 3 in a five bed apartment. Otherwise good value for money.Best part is it is a real ski in ski out, our ski locker was only 10m from the slopes.

Hilversum, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The apartment (5p for 4p) we had was pretty big and looked very modern. It was one of the better apartments I had in a long time in Val Tho. The only problem is that it is very noisy. Since it's laminate on the floors without any sound absorption you can hear every chair that your neighbours move. The beds were ok, something you can expect.

Ski lockers are pretty small and not warmed, it could barely fit two snowboards and two pair of ski's.

The location is pretty good aswel right in front of the "Funitel de Peclet"

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The pictures in the brochure of the pool & sauna etc. are not from the hotel there are from the commercial center of a different building, faults ad.
Staff have no idea of the facilities in the hotel.

Room Tip: Clean the room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank George N

Travellers are raving about these Val Thorens hotels

OceanFalls
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A ridiculously small appartment for the listed number of people. 2 people could stay in a 5 person appartment!. Ban dog owners as they can't pick up their dog faeces: DISGUSTING. one mattress was full of mold but it was replaced. the others were very uncomfortable & 'lumpy'. all the coffee mugs were chipped & therefor dangerous. fire-alarmrang but no staff came to explain that the building was safe & that we could return to our appartments. Mold on ceiling.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Noisy hotel with all spa and gym facilities out of use. Internet unusable. Hotel is on the slopes but a long way from the town center. Despite this still extremely noisy beyond 3am. Drinking and smoking in the central areas of the hotel made it smell.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 February 2014

After getting separated from my room mates (who had the only 2 keys) I returned to the lodgings alone, a bit tipsy and very very tired. I requested a spare key or to have someone let me into the room based on the fact that I had picture ID on me and my passport was in the room. I was flatly turned down on this request and was removed from the building when i persisted to question this ridiculous stance. I was at no point hostile during the whole incident so there was no need to decide to push me (and I made sure that some pressure (although minimal) was required) from the premises to spend an at that time unknown amount of time out in the cold at almost midnight. A friend from another room found me asleep on the steps an hour or so later and I slept in his room. My room mates slept with their door open when they discovered I was not home when they returned. The other facets of the stay were at least a little better but this was unforgivable. Hence 1 star. I worry to think how younger and far more drunk guests are treated and where they may end up spending their night.
The pool is situated in the sports center in the middle of town. Not at the resort btw.
I'm used to small skiing apartments with these its not so much the size but the lay out. We were 3 in an apartment that could accommodate up to 5. If you were 5 people planning to watch some movies in the evening 2 people would have to sit on dinning chairs or the floor as we did when friends came by.
The toilet in particular is not suitable for people over 6 foot who like to close the door when using it.
The lack of an oven was also really disappointing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Hotel les Bruyeres
Hotel les Bruyeres
#3 of 27 in Les Menuires
Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Tikal

Been to Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Machu Pichu? Share your experiences!