Residence Chalet Val 2400
US$346
US$338
Altapura(Val Thorens)
  • Pool
Hotel 3 Vallees(Val Thorens)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hotel Koh-I Nor(Val Thorens)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbread serviceminute walkles balconschaletslopesski
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2012

8 of us stayed at Chalet Val 2400 in January 2012 - my husband and I, our toddler, my mum and 4 friends. Having booked early (we booked direct with the owners), we got a good deal that included lift passes so the holiday worked out relatively cheap.

We'd stayed at Chalet Altitude in Les Arcs previously so we knew what level of 'luxury' to expect - the accommodation is fairly basic but has everything you need (although if you were self-catering you'd probably want to bring some decent knives!!) In fact our apartment in VT was really nice: light living area (slightly weird layout with a pillar in the middle, but we managed!), 4 bathrooms, one of which seemed to have been newly decorated, big table, space to store ski boots, jackets etc (as well as the ski locker downstairs for skis), 2 really good sized double bedrooms and 2 small twin rooms. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor and I didn't notice any noise from the pub below.

The swimming pool in Chalets Altitude, just a quick dash through the car park, is lovely and was much enjoyed by toddler every morning (when it was completely empty). Apparently the sauna was good too.

One of the things that made this trip so pleasant, at least for my family, was the friendliness and helpfulness of the Chalet Val staff. We'd traveled overnight on the Eurostar so arrived at 8am. My mum and toddler were in our apartment by the time my husband and I had got back from the ski hire shop (we'd been told by the bookings team that we wouldn't be able to get in before 5pm). They provided a high chair, a cot made up with sheets and blankets and when the TV stopped working the maintenance man was on the case straight away, eventually bringing us a new one when 3 different people couldn't work out how to fix it! All the staff were so friendly, playing games with toddler when he was in reception and letting him play with their walkie talkies.

We had catering by Matt from SkiFrance, who brought us breakfast, baked a cake every day for our lunch/tea and made some amazing evening meals - a feat made even more impressive when you saw the size of the kitchen he had to work in. Absolutely minute!! I wouldn't like to try self-catering... Matt was also really friendly and super helpful. An excellent host :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AliKatt5
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed here over Christmas 2011. 8 adults, 2 children and a baby. We thought it was vastly overpriced and certainly not luxury. It was listed as 10 to 12 person. Although the dining table was large enough, the sitting area was very small. There was in fact only enough soft seating for 6 people, the kitchen area was tiny, poorly equipped, and allowed only one person in it at a time. The wifi was very unreliable and I only managed to connect 3 times during the week. It was a a few hundred metres walk to the piste and skiing back was certainly not for beginners. The worst part of all was when, on the night we arrived, a radiator in one of the bedrooms burst spraying water all over the room. It was replaced 3 days later and we were presented with a bill for 170 euros. They said it was our fault as we had opened a window!! Fortunately, out booking agent sorted it out for us. We have been skiing in the 3 valleys for several years and this has been our worst holiday there. We shall not stay at Chalet Val 2400 again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gibandgub
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at this place for 1 week with my husband and our 2 kids aged 5 and 6. The apartment was nicely decorated and spacious. Nevertheless, for the price they are asking for, I would have expected an apartment perfectly cleaned at our arrival. This was not the case. The dishes were partly dirty (probably because the dishwasher was not working perfectly), I found a dirty shirt behind the sofa which was not ours, the floor in the bathroom was not very clean. In top of that, the bed covers were very old and the beds not comfortable. This was not ok for the price they are asking for. I would have expected a better quality.
Apart from that, the residence is well located and directly on the station and there was a very nice view from our balcony.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Carstounette
Reviewed 16 May 2011

We stayed here with 10 friends in the Dutch Week - Appartment is basic, but has al that you need. Good beds, always important and very close to the ski pistes!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2010

This is the first review I've ever written, so I'll try to keep it to the point. The accomodations were advertised as Luxury. I understand that what was luxury to me at 18 is nmot what's luxury to me today so I'll try to be objective. First, what I liked: the staff were very friendly when we checked in. What I didn't like (or what the website must have been referring to as "luxury" features) 1) there was no parking available when I arrived and I have to walk 20+ min back from the only available parking lot. 2) the rugs were heavily stained 3) the from bathroom toilet seat had several yellowish stains 4) there was no hot water the first morning, 5) the beds were extremely uncomfortable, 6) I dropped off laundry and both white turtle-necks came back permanently stained dark grey. I was told that it was my fault as I should have put my laundry into separate bags if I wanted colors washed separately (at least they didn't charge me), 7) there was no hot water in the bathroom sink (faucet problem I suppose). 8) very loud partying neighbors keeping us up late. 9) the wireless worked intermittently. Maybe that's enough.

This is a fine place for a bunch of lads off to ski, drink beer and party all night. This is not a place for couples or those expecting clean, comfortable accommodations. I am not pleased because of their false advertising about luxury. Remember, if they lie about something as basic as that, they'll lie about anything. I strongly suggest you find another place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple