Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Temples du Soleil
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

Do not stay in these apartments rude staff and the rooms are appalling no shower curtain stains all over the floors in fact I wouldn't let a dog stay in them.When I went to ask the staff for a curtain they said I didn't need one and I could have a bath instead,the cheek of it .

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hotscotjimmy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I would not recommend this place to anyone, the rooms are tiny and the facilities pretty poor, there are better places to stay in Val Thorens. The rooms here are so small that even two of us staying in what was supposed to be a 4 person apartment was uncomfortable in the extreme.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Val Thorens hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I booked this before staying in another Pierre & Vacances Aparthotel in Avoriaz, so we were expecting basic accommodation before we arrived. However, the rooms were dirty, underneath the beds had not be cleaned in a very long time. The lack of cleanliness was the same throughout the building with rubbish and dirty sheets left in corridors for days. The maintenance was very poor with lights and/or switches not working in various parts of the apartment and building, shelves falling down and cupboard doors falling off. the quality of the bed and pilows is very poor and I woke up every morning with aches in my neck and back.
This apartment had the same poor design as the one I stayed in Avoriaz, with no socket in the kitchen area to plug a kettle and few sockets in the apartment.
There is a supermarket in the same building but it is far more expensive than the Carrefour or Spar up near the centre of the village.
The only good point was its location as you can ski in ski out from the apartment.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
2 Thank Wayne F
clacton on sea
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We booked a room for a week. The room was supposed to cater for 5 adults but we had trouble managing with 4 adults. The toilet was tiny as was the bath, although we had plenty of hot water. The kitchen allowed one person at a time in it and just had two electric hobs and a microwave. The sink was not big enough to put a plate in, although there was a dishwasher and the tabs were left for guests use, so we used the dishwasher always. The coffee cups were tiny, so we used the breakfast bowls for our coffee, much better. The table was only big enough for 4 people, so again good job there were not 5 of us. Would not use this hotel again, although the ski in ski out was excellent but lockers too small for 5 people.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Before I added this review I wanted to know how long it would take the hotel to resolve a payment problem, being 4 months later and nothing is resolved i thought its time to spread the word.

We drove over from the UK over night, drive is always a laugh!

Upon arriving we were greeted by an angry guy on the road telling us we couldnt park outside the hotel to drop our bags off.. I replied in my broken french and english, can you offer us some advise on where to park to checking and unload.. he just walked away - typical rude xyzt

We managed to shove the car in a dodgy spot and got into the hotel, the checkin que was pretty long.. I think we had to wait around for about 40 minutes to get to the reception desk - Now the fun began!

We booked on booking.com -
The rate online was around £1050 for the week (we went over xmas)
When we got to the hotel and went to checkin they told us the rate was in fact £285 more, I showed them the bookings form I printed and the screen shot of the price from booking.com. The lady behind counter just pointed to the price guide, I asked to query with the manager, when he came out he basically said if you want to stay here the price is XYZ. He didnt budge or even look at my booking info i brought.. So my hands were tired I had to pay the price. After 10 minutes of talking to the lady she said the only thing she can do is check me in and then email booking.com and figure it out with them. SOOOO the real fun now begins

So we finally get a room key. We go to the room first and unload the car.

The room, well.. dirty, smelly, toilet wasnt cleaned, no bed sheets no towels. Room for 3 people was super small.

We went back to reception and asked for another room, we stayed there last year and the room we had was pretty decent. (service was the same, we booked directly with the hotel without any issues)

After a 30 minute conversation and standing around they managed to get us the same room we had last year. We got into that room and found it dirty, it had not been cleaned, bathroom was wet, toilet had been used. So I went back up to reception and let them know. they said someone will come sort it out.

So we went out to get some food/drinks, when we got back to the room,
Toilet was just flushed
bathroom they used a wet dirty mop and wiped the room
they used a brush and swept all the dirt to the front door.
kicthen area - yuk!!

Lucky we took our own cleaning stuff and spend 2 hours cleaning the place. All the cloths for the counters and tables were black, the clothes for the floors were black. We even cleaned the bath with bleech and it came out white, cloth was black.!
Basically they really dont clean the rooms.. just move the dirt around!

SOO back to the payment issue

Its now 4 months later and the hotel has not been able to pay me back, I have a number of emails from booking.com and the hotel explaining me its been actioned and processed.. My bank cant see anything from them to me or in the holding payment area. I think they are trying to palm me off and hoping i would forget! The hotel now own me over £500 including interest charges and also my time has been wasted because the hotel and travel agent are unable to communicate with each other (french hotel - (booking.com)german travel agent) proper idiots!

Ive now started legal action against the hotel for miss charging me and also booking.com for false advertisment.

Resort - Lovely place, just dont think of spending much time in the hotel, its a sh1t hole!

You will also notice that the hotel we not reply to any of these comments because they know its true and they wont have anything productive to say.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LuckyHS
Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

French ski resort apartments are all about expectations - set them reasonably low, and you won't be disappointed. If you arrived here expecting 5* accommodation, you'd be disappointed, but we arrived with very low expectations and they were well exceeded.

We were in Cuzco I11 apartment, for 4. The galley kitchen was small, but we'd planned on eating out most nights anyway. The bunk bed room was fine - a curtain for a door, some storage space, two comfortable beds.

Lounge was quite spacious - two separate sofas with a coffee table, TV, dining table, two chairs and a two-seater bench. Microwave, dishwasher, coffee machine all worked fine.

The location was superb - from the ski locker room (separate lockers for each apartment) to putting on (or taking off!) skis was probably 20m. We kept our boots in our room, and by the end we were doing the same as most other guests and walking in/out of our room with our boots on.

Yes, the corridors are dark and gloomy, and yes the corridor carpets could do with being refreshed.

But the staff on reception were very friendly and helpful (we were missing a pillow when we arrived, it was brought up to us within 5 minutes), the fact that there is a little supermarket in the building is useful, there is a ski hire shop in the building, and the on-site restaurant is no differently priced to others in resort (and the food was quite good), in pleasant surroundings. We didn't try the gym, and on the last day we were able to use a large room to store our bags whilst waiting for our transfer.

We stayed in the last week of the season, so I suspect it was quieter than perhaps at New Year or other busy times. But we heard no noise from other guests.

Overall, it was perfect for what we wanted - a cheap (ish) base to stay so that we could ski. It was better than several of the other apartments that we've stayed in in France, and to be honest we can't say better than that!

london
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We (5 persons) stayed here over Easter 2012 and found the receptionist helpful and friendly having arived at 10am we were able to check in to our room straight away. WE STAYED IN MACHU PICCHU which is the same building. The building is ski in ski out located right on the slopes. There is a ski shop and a supermarket in the building which made things very convenient. HOWEVER the building itself is very tired and the corridors are very dirty and smelly. There was laundry and rubbish left for days in several places around the building. The apartment was very small with a double sofa bed in the already small kitchen / dining / bedroom the bedroom had 2 pull down bunk beds and a single. The bathroom and seperate toilet were impossible if you were over 5ft tall. However it was clean warm and there was plenty of hot water.
To sum up a good place if you just want to ski and not are not too bother about hygiene and very drab surroundings. Be awarw if you want to eat out in VT make sure you book in advance as everywhere gets booked up very quickly.