Val Chaviere Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Pashmina(Val Thorens)
US$343
US$335
Altapura(Val Thorens)
  • Pool
Hotel 3 Vallees(Val Thorens)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Koh-I Nor(Val Thorens)
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewssoupmain coursefondue eveningcourse mealset menuski roompositioned hotelyogurtcleaned daily with fresh towelscheese selectioncook your ownplenty of hot waterfantastic locationmeat fondueski areaboot roomshower over bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed over Christmas 2012 (22nd to 29th) December. The snow conditions were superb, lots of it and still snowing - really christmassy. It took us a few days to settle into the hotel - the room felt a bit small and bare, But once we'd settled in with our stuff it felt cosier. It had huge windows, a balcony and great views of the mountains. The bathroom was spacious, modern and clean. The hotel lounges and dining room are little bit dated but cosy . To be honest i didn't want to leave when the week was over :( They don't do christmas like we do in the UK and I was surprised by the minimal lights and decorations, but you've got the snow and mountains! Food in the hotel was fine. I'm quite fussy but there was always a course that I liked and I got addicted to the cheese board!!! On christmas day the families children served us canapes before dinner it was a lovely touch. I've stayed at la Sherpa where the food is amazing (but le Sherpa hotel is a lot more expensive) and val Chavière is in a much better location than la Sherpa. I would definitely return to val Chavière - love Val Thorens this my fourth visit. Overall a great stay at Val Chavière :)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Etherthorn
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over the New Years period 2012/2013 and had a fantastic week.

It is a lovely family run chalet which provides breakfast and dinner. The chalet is very well located and its very easy to ski-in-ski-out of ski storage room.

I had never been skiing in Europe before so I don't have much to compare it to but I thought it was great!!

Pros:
- The rooms were cosy with lovely views outsid
- Very comfortable beds!
- most of the staff were lovely, attentive and tried to accommodate and help us with everything (they also spoke English)
- 2 large meals a day - on the whole I thought the food was good (especially enjoyed fondue night) there were a couple of things I didn't love, but also some very yummy things!
- well priced
- comfortable lounge area for hanging out
- they woke up at 4am to make sure the people who were leaving early on the last day got breakfast!

Cons:
- we weren't allowed to drink any of our own store bought drinks in the common bar area (but that's probably fair enough)
- I thought maybe some skiers might have been able to see me in the shower - though maybe I was being paranoid

Would definitely recommend this place! Thanks Hotel Val Chaviere!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank stephanie f
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel has a lovely atmosphere the staff are courteous and friendly, nothing is too much trouble for them. The dinner consisted of five courses with including a very tempting cheese board, we were amazed that buffet breakfast was available from 4am on departure day!
The rooms were clean, comfortable, quiet and had amazing views over the mountains, truly ski in ski out. A great hotel which we would return to or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SUE K
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Hotel val chaviere was a lovely hotel. It's in a brilliant location with skiing to and from the door. The view from our room was amazing. The room was a perfect size for the two of us and was very clean. The staff were lovely and friendly and there was a nice atmosphere at dinner every night. I would defiantly recommend staying in this hotel and will be returning!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Erinobriene
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The hotel is ideally located by the slopes with ski in ski out. We stayed at the end of one of the worst seasons for snow but despite being in the 20s during the day and having to sleep with the balcony door open at night the resort and it's slopes were really well maintained and so far superior to anywhere else in the 3 valleys.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was amazing. Our room overlooked the piste and was perfect for relaxing sundowners at the end of a long day of skiing.

Two points to bear in mind, if you stay up the mountain for a few beers be prepared to have to walk up the nursery slope as the lifts will be shut, not a problem so long as you aren't too drunk! Also the lift in the hotel is so slow and small you are far better off going up or down a couple of flights of stairs.

All in all a great hotel and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: One overlooking the piste on an upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple