We stayed in the hotel (not the Residences) in February 2014. It is a very good hotel. The rooms are spacious, well fitted out, comfortable and quiet. The spa is lovely and the restaurant was good. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and you felt they wanted to do all they could to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. A few minor downsides:
- it is quite a walk from the village centre, particularly walking back uphill. There is a free hotel shuttle so this is not a major obstacle
- although you can ski in and out straight to the ski room the access trail could be improved & better marked. It is easy to miss.
- an oddity is that you have to walk through the reception lobby to get to the spa. Having guests walking through the lobby wearing bathrobes and with dripping swimwear is a strange design feature!
- wine with your meal is grossly overpriced (55 euros for a bottle of local Savoie wine and 23 euros for a glass of champagne is excessive).
These points did not seriously detract from our stay and overall we very much enjoyed it and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Koh-I Nor, located at the summit of Val Thorens, invites you for a unique experience in the highest resort of the 3 Vallees ski area.The Hotel Koh-I Nor, at 2 364 m, is the highest hotel in Europe in the highest ski resort in Europe. At the top of the resort, ski-in/ski-out, the Hotel Koh-I Nor enjoys an exceptional location with a magic view on Val Thorens and its extraordinary “white circus” and landscape.The architecture’s choices were guided to allow a maximum of light to invade the premises. The natural light is everywhere present, in the rooms with large windows and in all hotels’ areas.The Hotel Koh-I Nor is offering a full light sensation.Above the Hotel Koh-I Nor is the mountain and the sky. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Koh-I Nor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.