“Don't go there!!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Overpriced, don't let the website photo's fool you, for real it is all old!

4  Thank Richardvank

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have enjoyed a few lunches at Oxalys in the past, so were very excited about going for dinner. We opted for the full gastronomique menu (at 139 euros), which said that the chef would create something special based on our likes and dislikes, using the "inspiration of the moment". Instead, what we got was just a succession of dishes from the regular menu - no insipration of the moment at all. Whilst the food was mostly excellent (with the exception of the one course that was not on the main menu, which was frankly poor), we had really expected something different. We therefore made this clear, mid-meal, to the head waiter and said that we would like to revert to the 2nd tasting menu (still 109 euros). At the end of the meal, they tried to insist that we still pay for the full menu. The chef was arrogant, beyond belief, and said that he would call the police if we didn't pay the full amount. He insulted us by saying that we obviously weren't used to the "gastronomique experience", despite having eaten in many of the finest restaurants in the world, including his on a few occasions.

This amazing arrogance and downright unpleasantness put a hugely sour taste in our mouth after what should and could have been a very lovely experience. I made it clear that unfortunately there was no way we could now ever go back.

Please don't feed this arrogant man's ego by going.

6  Thank cmgrist
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The food was just brilliant. The two michelin stars are well deserved. We took our three children with us and the service was excellent and the children were very welcome. At the end of our meal the chef himself drove us back to our hotel. What a service!

Reviewed 27 August 2011

A gastronomic delight. everything was great. The service, The food, The atmosphere.
We highly recommand to spend here 1 evening of your ski vacation..
The only minus - I made a reservation about 2 monthes before but it was not writen. Anyway, we had our sits, and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 22 March 2011

Hi. We went with my husband for his birthsday to this restaurant. Since it was his birthsday and I really care about that - I wrote them 2 months before to book and ask if there is possible to give us some candle with deser, somethig small and nice. They said YES. I wrote them 1 month before to remain, 1 week before and 3 days before. Should be ok. Was not. THEY FORGOT. I cannot tell you how bad I felt. It was really disappointing.
Then service. Gosh, you are waiting hours. They brought us bottle of red wine, served and put bottle on aircondition holl. Red wine and cold freezing aircondition. After 10 minutes wine tested with butter - was destroyed. In general was tremendous cold in this restaurant btw. Food. Was quite good. Nothing I would like do die for. Nice started with eggs with truffles. This was probably only one good thing. Rest was average. Together with prices which were very big, I do not recommend this restaurant. We paid 300 euros for 2 people, we took not very good wine, normal one, starter and second dishes + dessert. Ok, and sparkling water. Anyway bill was huge so I would expect something more. Especialy the fact that they "forgot" about my request, even if they promised was for me unacceptable.

4  Thank XonnieFay