“Wonderful experience, all three times I dined here!”

Restaurant Jean Sulpice
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Val Thorens
Price range: US$105 - US$221
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience, all three times I dined here!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I came here a few times during my stay at Oxalys, each one was great, the food was tasty and different to things i've eaten before, well presented, just the right size (for me), and my friends and I were treated with the utmost courtesy and respect. It was my first experience of a Michelin star restaurant so I have no others to compare it to, but anyway I loved it. Tables spread out so you could have a private dinner, very quietly attentive and friendly staff who spoke to us in both English and French, lots of mini treats in between courses which I hadn't expected, pricey of course but I knew that before I went and we were three for over 3 hours, each dish was explained, we were not rushed at all, and it was nice that Jean Sulpice came to visit each table briefly. I would definitely consider going again if money allows on my next trip to Val Thorens!

• Visited April 2014
JeanSulpice, Propriétaire at Restaurant Jean Sulpice, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am so glad to read you spent a very good moment in our restaurant and you appreciated my cookery !

My team and I hope to see you again next year.
Yours sincerely,

• Polish first
Aarhus, Denmark
“Bravo Mr. Sulpice”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My second visit to the restaurant was just as amazing as my first visit a couple of years ago. I read some of the (few) not so positive reviews of the restaurant and I think you are bound to get a mediocre experience if you visit Reataurant Jean Sulpice with the intention of getting a salad or just something fast. You need to set aside three to four hours and carve out €250 per person from your holiday budget. You need to go for one of the bigger menus and let Mr. Sulpice caress and excite your taste buds with 12-14 small courses that are also a treat for the eyes. Let the sommelier find glasses of wine that matches the different courses perfectly and you are in heaven. The very attentive staff under the watchful eye of Mrs. Sulpice will make sure every little detail surrounding the meal is perfect. I can't wait to return. Bravo Mr. Sulpice!

• Visited April 2014
JeanSulpice, Propriétaire at Restaurant Jean Sulpice, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review. My team and I are so pleased to read you were like in heaven in our restaurant. The way you describe your experience makes me very happy.

I hope to see you a third time in our restaurant : )

Yours Sincerely,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond our expectations”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Having lived in Menuires for 4 years now, we thought it about time to pay you a visit! We arrived on skis to be greeted by a warm smile and a pair of fluffy slippers to change into. Everything was perfect from beginning to end. The apero on the terrace, a fantastic variety of flavours and textures throughout the meal, topped off with a friendly hello from the chef and extremely professional and knowledgeable staff. We were made to feel very special indeed and look forward to our next visit.

1 Thank Catherine G
JeanSulpice, Propriétaire at Restaurant Jean Sulpice, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I'm very glad to read we liked the moment spent in my restaurant and my cookery ! Your words give me energy for the future !
Have a good week-end,

Vedbaek, Denmark
“Fantastic setting”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have been coming to this restaurent for 8 years and it has always been one of my favorites. The new decor is stunning. The service is fantastic as always. The food is very very good, however I find that Jean Sulpice play it a little to safe, now that he has 2 stars. I liked it better when he was experimenting more. has become a bit pricy.

• Visited February 2014
JeanSulpice, Propriétaire at Restaurant Jean Sulpice, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your message and your fidelity ! I hope to carry on surprising you with my cookery. In every case I am working for it every day.

Have a good day,

warsaw, Poland
“Simply perfect”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were in this place several times during this stay in the residence - both lunch and dinner. Every single time all meal was delightful, staff spotless and sommelier very helpful and polite.
One lunch we ate with our children - restaurant provided children menu - with good choice for little ones and reasonably priced. Set menus were very well composed and wine were great. Long set gourmand menu was a magical travel across different textures, tastes and impressions. As always wonderful desserts and cheeses.
We will be definitely back next year. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
JeanSulpice, Propriétaire at Restaurant Jean Sulpice, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you very much for your message. My team and I are very touched by your words ! It's a nice reward for us.
I am glad to receive your family in our restaurant for good moments and I hope to see you again.

Your Sincerely,