“Quality food and service for reasonable cost”

Olive & Oil - Hillcrest
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Hillcrest
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family based mediterranean restaurant with an emphasis on good quality food value for money and an overall dining experience. Catering for all tastes we do a wide array of dishes from seafood to grills we also cater for children with a kiddies menu
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Situated on the first floor of a small shopping centre in Hillcrest (about 20 miles from Durban) this is a particularly good restaurant. I have eaten there several times in recent years including hosting a 65th birthday dinner for myself and eleven others. I have never had any disappointment.

My last meal was Rack of Lamb served on a bed of mashed potato with green, butter and red beans it was truly excellent the lamb being succulent and pink in the middle - Lekka!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Having read the reviews we had high hopes, the service was good as reported and the meze starter we shared was also tasty. However the recommended wine and main courses were found wanting, portion sizes were too generous and the calamari in particular was a bit tough. This, combined with the price left us disappointed, not up to the standard we have come to expect in South Africa.

1  Thank Dee_Parker
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Great atmosphere! Prompt polite service by knowledgeable enthusiastic waiters.

Lunch specials, starter a main and a bottle of water and glass of wine for R 99.95

I had the fish cakes followed by Garlic/Lemon prawns and shared a Crème Brule....with my hubby!

3 course meal is R119,95

Wonderful venue for business, family and couples!

1  Thank micim
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Keep returning to Olive & Oil for the amazing food and great service. Make sure that Kelsey serves you and also have the Cheesy Lango Tails for appetizer... Yum.

1  Thank LouisVDWalt
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My girlfriend and I recently had the pleasure of dining at this establishment. The food was certainly beyond par. It was straight forward and wholesome, modern and trendy and much to my delight did not carry the pretentious nature that can be found most modern chic establishments. The service is also another high point with the staff being responsive and courteous to all our needs. Our waitress - Kelsey - ensured our evening our evening was enjoyable with no issues.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant to all looking for an evening out.

1  Thank N_Kirkiridis