“A place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 8 Chinandega B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“A place to stay”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Its a nice hotel, the hotel seems like new. The rooms are clean and the service is nice. Breakfast is included, but could be better the options they offer. The internet is not really good. Overall I would stay at this hotel. A bit expensive in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chinandega, Nicaragua
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Extensive menu with excellent pricing for the quality food. Friendly staff, welcoming pool/patio area, well working TV, AC, good cleaning & laundry staff.

For me on business, the intermittent/problematic, and SLOW internet caused a lot of stress.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Flipside3420
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I just spent three nights at the hotel and I have a few comments that might help future travelers.

First, definitely call or send an e-mail ahead to confirm your reservations. When we got there, they said we did not have any reservations. My daughter (who lives in Chinandega) had the reservations made by her organization and had received confirmation a week before. After a few phone calls (and about 20 minutes), we were assigned a room. We had asked for a queen sized bed, but when we got to the room, it was only a full size. We were tired from traveling so just accepted that bed.
The next day, the hotel employee that had originally taken the reservations, apologized for the confusion at check in, and also the wrong sized bed. He offered to move us to a queen room, and I asked to see it first. When we looked at it, it was the same size as the room we were in. Either they do not have queen beds, or they call a “full” a queen. We just stayed where we were. If you want a larger bed, I suggest you try for a king.

Having said this, the service and the food here are outstanding. We had absolutely wonderful meals at very good prices. One night my wife had 4 small lobster tails that only cost $13. She said they were outstanding. The entire staff was warm and friendly, and they went out of their way to insure we were satisfied.

I can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: be sure to specify room size you expect
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I came back today from a five-day trip to Chinandega where I stayed at the Farallones Hotel. The trip was arranged through Trek Safaris and included morning duck hunts and afternoon dove hunts. Trek Safaris did a 100%, A+++ job and the trip was fantastic! The Farallones Hotel was a great spot to stay and I would venture to say that it was the nicest spot in Chinandega.
The rooms were a bit stark but they were very clean, new, and quiet. The pool was fantastic and the food and service were excellent. Loads of security made your safety totally secure. The rooms don't have safes but I kept cameras, GoPro video equipment and several thousand dollars in my luggage zippered pocket and not one item was touched. I am extremely pleased with the trip-- highly recomend Trek Safaris-- and the Farallones Hotel.

David Walton

Room Tip: Stay near the middle of the hotel, as opposed to the closest rooms to the front Lobby.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank walton4605
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chinandega
Hotel Los Portales
#5 of 9 in Chinandega
Hotel Flor de Sarta
Hotel Flor de Sarta
#1 of 34 in Leon

Been to Farallones Hotel? Share your experiences!