“A weekend visiting friends”

Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Have stayed there before and knew it would be quiet with good disabled parking, unlike city centre. Hotel is reliably good as always, but breakfast in Shepherd's Rest on first day was chaotic - too many people all at same time. Fruit had run out, there was no plain yoghurt, no marmalade, hot water for tea ran out, coffee was strong and harsh. Nobody seemed in control.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side face car park and road but there is no road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
aberdeenwesthill_gm, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I was pleased to hear you found us to offer a reliable service and thank you for this great comment.
With regards to your breakfast experience, i was saddened to hear you found the buffet section not up to standard and the atmosphere to be choatic. I will pass these comments onto the restaurant manager at our next meeting as this is not acceptable. I would like to thank you again and hope to welcome you back to Westhill Premier Inn in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The staff here were very pleasant ,polite and helpful. Rooms very clean and beds excellent. The only disappointment was the noise from 6a.m. onwards from the industrial estate at the back.We had room 76 and Tesco were at the back , so I take it they might have been the cause. The inn next door was ok for breakfast but there were no rolls or croissants, which I thought a bit strange. The staff here were also very nice.

Dear Ms Watson,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. I was pleased to hear you found the level of service and cleanliness to be of a high standard. I was sorry to hear you were kept awake from 6am onwards. I have spoken with the manager from the business behind us and they have re-assured me this should not re-occur before normal working hours again. I have passed on your breakfast comments to The Shepherds Rest Restaurant next door to us, as our Premier Breakfast should include Croissants. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The staff were really helpful and did everything to help our stay be as enjoyable as possible. Were visiting a few different relatives in the area and was in a perfect location for us, will definately be back! The Shepherds Rest next door did a lovely breakfast and one of the evenings we took family there for a meal, the food was tasty and service was great, we turned up with a big group without warning and they managed to accomodate us quite quickly after having to jiggle a few tables about.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
aberdeenwesthill_gm, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Firstly I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Myself and the team were pleased to hear you enjoyed your time staying with us whilst visiting your family. The restaurant next door, The Shepherds Rest is not owned by Whitbread however they are equally interested in any feedback from our guests and were thrilled to hear you enjoyed your meal with your family and breakfast the following morning.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to Westhill Premier Inn again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

When we got to this hotel we were greeted by a very nice member of staff and checked in very quickly, the rooms were very clean and the shower unit too, it was ideal for what we were looking for but it is a wee bit out of Aberdeen if you are having to go back and fore, not sure i would stay there again for that reason but if its a quiet night away then its ideal

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I have passed your great feedback onto the team and they were equally happy to hear you enjoyed your time here and felt our rooms were nice and clean. With regards to the distance we are slightly out of town, however there are Premier Inns also situated in the City Centre which offer the same standards and service and perhaps would offer you a better location for your needs in the future.

Thank you again for your much appreciated feedback!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Staff could not do enough for us. I was up on business and had an appointment at 11am on the morning after the evening we had stayed at the Premier Inn in Westhill. My wife was with me and was looking for somewhere to sit whilst I was with my client. The staff allowed her a late checkout. Staff helped me find my way to my appointment.

I had read tripadvisor and had an open view about what this Premier Inn would be like but it was easily one of the most pleasant stays I have had at a Premier Inn. With regards to the Shepherds Restuarant attached to the Premier Inn, I found that it was great. Food was excellent and prices reasonable. Only complaint was that when we are staying at Premier Inn, our evening tends to centre around our evening meal as we are usually just passing through. However, the staff in the Shepherds Restuarant tended to be rather quick with serving courses leaving not much time to digest the fine food that they were dishing up. Also, as soon as it appeared we had finished the bill arrived making us feel obliged to leave. However, the restuarant staff were very helpful besides this and the restuarant was much better than the tripadvisor reports.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
aberdeenwesthill_gm, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such fabulous feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. My team really enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. Although the restaurant does not belong to us they are still very interested in our guests feedback and were equally thrilled to see you enjoyed your dining with them and they would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with them.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2012

The Hotel Is perfectly adequate and situated next to the industrial estate. Ideal for myself when visiting a company there. Hotel was clean and staff were very polite.
The associated restuarant (The Shepherds Rest) was a disappointment. For a relative modern build its operation and presentation was poor, Restuarant service was poor on some evenings, the food was variable in quality, from excellent to over cooked beyond eating. At breakfast, some mornings there were fresh fruit, but not at others.
The general neglect is obvious, the outside ashtray was never emptied in the 8 days I was there, the gardens show lack of maintenace, Advertising signs are wedged behind waste downpipes and Summer umbrella poles are "Abandoned" at outside tables.
I will use the Hotel again (For business) solely because of its location and lack of other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RAHEastAnglia
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the quality of the food served in the restaurants. Although The Shepherds Rest is not a Whitbread run restaurant, we will ensure that your feedback is passed to the company responsible for this establishment for a full investigation. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stayed whilst celebrating a belated Hogmanay and 3 (!) family birthdays with my son's family, who live nearby......too many kids and others from overseas in the house, so Grandpa got to relax at the Premier Inn and eat full breakfasts everyday ! Just Great - it all added to a wonderful mini-break in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: All looked good to me
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
aberdeenwesthill_gm, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed your time staying with us whilst you were visiting your family. It was also great to read Grandpa enjoyed our all-you-can-eat breakfast before you started your busy days!

Thank you again and we hope you had a wonderfull time celebrating with all your family.

Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel
Village Hotel Aberdeen
Village Hotel Aberdeen
#23 of 65 in Aberdeen

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel? Share your experiences!