“Back to Basics!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Westhill
Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
“Back to Basics!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

We recently stayed at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill and were disappointed with our stay. We were disgusted to find that the towels in the shower had stains on them from a previous guest. Our young son very nearly dried his face with it. Having clean towels in a room is a basic for any hotel. We did complain and were presented with 'clean' towels. I had to return one of these towels as it was stained with a large black mark. This is unacceptable standards!

We had booked in for two nights and after having my premier breakfast on the first morning we cancelled the following day's breakfast as it was not cooked properly the first time. My veggie sausages were not cooked in the middle and my egg was not cooked in places. It appears as if my sausages and hash browns had been deep fried and they were all mushy in the middle. It also tasted very oily/greasy. I have had the same premier breakfast cooked for me in the Premier Inn Shrewsbury and it was delicious. The breakfast at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill was a let down due to how it was cooked.

The Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill has a restaurant which is situated next door to it called 'The Shepherds's Rest' which is where Premier Inn guests go for any meals that they have booked. We returned a dessert which was served on an extremely hot plate which resulted in my cheesecake going all runny. Apparently this was a hot pudding which it did not state in the menu and we were very disappointed with it especially after it cost nearly £5.00. When my husband took it back he was informed by Darren ( a rather rude individual) that it was our fault because we took it to our room. I ordered cheesecake and it never stated it would be hot. It certainly should never have been served on a hot plate. The dessert just looked awful. My husband asked for a refund and was told 'No!' by Darren. What lovely, polite staff, NOT!!!

One other point that we would like to highlight is that just because this hotel can charge over a hundred and twenty pounds for a room due to the oil industry does not mean that they should. It is grossly overcharging for accommodation that other people pay half the price for.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann D
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Ann D at Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion you were let down by cleanliness issues. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment caused with the service you received in the restaurant. Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be passed on to Restaurant’s Manager as it is not owned by Whitbread Restaurants. Please be assured that we take all feedback seriously as it enables us to improve standards.
Thank you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Kirriemuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Booked 3 rooms in this hotel as it was conveniently close to where we were having a family party. The rooms were basic but spacious and comfortable. One of the family rooms had a strong smell of smoke but as there were no other rooms available the receptionist said they would open a window and put in an air freshener.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Yvonne D thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.
I am sorry to read that you experienced problems with your stay here with us.
At Premier Inn all of our rooms are non smoking rooms and they have been since the smoking band was introduced in the UK and I am sorry to read you have felt your room has been smoked in. We take this no smoking policy very seriously and would never knowingly allow any guest to smoke within our premises.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us. The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

March was cold and snowy. The staff made our visit warm and welcoming. We stayed for a week and were treated like family. Everyone on the staff was more than eager to help us with every question we had, including places to eat, areas to visit and things to see. We are hoping to return again in the summer. Home is Houston, TX so the cooler weather will feel good then!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear ALBONN7603 thank you very much for taking time to leave us a feedback. We are always delighted when our guests are leaving Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill HAPPY and are thinking about coming back to stay with us again. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. My Team and I are looking forward to your next visit here in Scotland.
Scotland, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed here for one night with our young family - son aged 3 and daughter 11months. Room was very clean, spacious and child-friendly. The cot and child's bed were all made up and ready for us and everything looked like new.

The room was quiet and backout blinds excellent ensuring kids slept well. The non-slip bath made bathtime a safe experience.

The breakfast also had lots of healthy options for the kids and the adults enjoyed the premier breakfast too!

The staff at reception were very friendly and approachable.

All in all, was a great place to stay with the little ones.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Hill06 I want to thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.

I was happy to read that you found our rooms clean and spacious and staff friendly.

The restaurant next door was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your freshly cooked breakfast and that they were able to offer healthy options for kids.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn the next time you visit Aberdeen.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Maybe there should be pre-determined categories for hotels, because I find it impossible to give this big 5s like lots of previous reviewers. Folks, it's a Premier Inn. It's a budget hotel. It has pretty well no facilities, certainly no luxuries, so let's get real. It does what it says it will do, within its clear limits. It's less expensive than most hotels in Aberdeen, but that's hardly difficult, nor is it cheap. Friendly, yes, but once you've checked in and paid, you have little or no interaction with the staff. Why would you? You're scarcely going to get them to book you a limousine, or get you entrance to some snobby night club. I think I've made my point here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Richard L I would like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn.

As you say we are a Premier Inn and as such we guarantee our guests clean comfortable rooms and friendly efficient service.
Our staff are more than willing to help with any queries or problems you may have including the booking of tables or taxis should you require them to do so.

Rooms in Aberdeen can be very expensive and we pride ourselves on being very competetive in the hotel market.
Once again thank you for your review.
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed overnight at the Westhills, Aberdeen Premier Inn, the welcome was warm and friendly. The rooms were very clean fresh and everything in good working order. We had a room facing road and I hate the traffic noise but I didn't hear anything. The restaurant next door was fab great choice on menu and all meals were excellent. Breakfast was also good they had it all and everything freshly made to order. Overall I would definately stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank F_D186
Urszula_Russell, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such fabulous feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. My team really enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. Although the restaurant does not belong to us they are still very interested in our guests feedback and were equally thrilled to see you enjoyed your dining with them and they would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with them.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

They say a good nights sleep guaranteed. Well I am not so sure. The beds were comfy but loud tellys late at night and being woken up in the very early hours by crying kids (not mine) and then again by the same or by others at 7.00am on a Sunday morning followed by lots of banging, shouting and water running does not make for a good nights sleep. A soap dispenser that works would be good and a hoover being taken over the floor when the make the beds and change the towels would be a nice touch. If you want to see to do your hair or put on some make - up, good luck, the lighting is very, very poor.

Glad we dont have to stay here very often.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our Premier Inn. I was disappointed that you experienced some problems during your visit. I will be having a meeting with our night reception team members and housekeeping management to address the complaints you have put to me.
I would appreciate it if you could give me a call at the hotel so I can apologise in person and try and restore your faith in us and Premier Inn hotels.

Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
#9 of 63 in Aberdeen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,815 reviews

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel? Share your experiences!