“Basic, clean and comfortable”

Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

The rooms as you might expect at a Premier Inn are nothing special but the room was clean and presentable with a comfortable bed and a choice of firm or soft pillows.
The Shepherds Purse pub/restaurant next door was ok. Breakfast was self service with all the usual food groups covered.
The pub dinner menu was good and the place was popular with friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Bruce B
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such good feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. My team really enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. Although the restaurant does not belong to us they are still very interested in our guests feedback and were equally thrilled to see you enjoyed your dining with them and they would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with them.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Immaculate, clean and spacious bedroom. Really friendly lovely staff, good car parking, food from restaurant next door was lovely. I didn't have breakfast as there is a large Tesco's within walking distance. I really can't fault the hotel. I have no hesitation in recommending this premier inn, and I would be very happy to stay here in the future.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such fabulous feedback regarding your recent stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Westhill. My team really enjoy receiving such positive feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us. Although the restaurant does not belong to us they are still very interested in our guests feedback and were equally thrilled to see you enjoyed your dining with them and they would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with them.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights holiday with another couple. The hotel was spotless. Pat, Donna & the rest of the staff were very pleasant, helpful & couldn't do enough to make us feel very welcome.
We dined in the Shepherds Rest next door several times & could not fault it. We will definately stay here again when we visit Aberdeen.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank FredandMarilyn R

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we are glad you had a good time with us. I am happy you found our hotel to be of excellent standard. I will pass on your comment to both our reception and housekeeping teams as well as to the “Shepherds Rest” restaurant next door and look forward to seeing you here at Premier Inn Westhill in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is a Premier Inn, so you know what you'll get for the price - basic but comfortable accommodation. My room was fine and the bed was beautifully comfortable. Very cold when I first went in, but warmed up no problem once I increased the thermostat. In future I would ask for a room on the first floor, as I didn't like it that people in the car park could see straight into my (ground floor) room.

Having said the Premier Inn offering is standard, what makes the difference is service and here it's very good. Every member of staff I dealt with was friendly, helpful and went out of their way to say hello, with a smile. It's very convenient to have the pub next door for breakfast and evening meals. The food there is lovely and the staff are equally friendly. Try the porridge - perfectly cooked! There's a large Tesco adjacent to the Premier Inn and there are cash points both at the Tesco and the pub.

The area isn't inspiring, but it's convenient for work nearby. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the front-facing rooms on the ground floor if you don't want people looking into your room...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time here at Premier Inn (Westhill) and I have passed on your comments to my team here at the hotel. I am happy you found our beds comfortable and we lived up to our promise of a good nights sleep. With regards to the experienced in the restaurant I will pass on you’re thanks to the restaurant manager. We look forward to welcoming you back again and appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Excellent staff here - big thank you to Pat especially for going the extra mile for us. Restaurant next door was very good too - good menu and helpful staff. Would definitely stay here again.
Thanks all

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

It is always really motivating for the team to read positive reviews about the standard of our hotel here at Westhill and the customer service of our team members. We take pride in achieving high standards to ensure our guests have the care and attention they deserve and it was great to hear we managed too achieve this.We look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Booked this hotel for the other half birthdays as it was close by to Yans Thai and Chinese restaurant which is his favourite! Lovely hotel, nice and quiet area so a nice peaceful nights sleep. Room was clean and spacious, just what you expect! Pat was very friendly and helpful through out our stay and the bar man (sorry, didnt catch his name) in the restaurant next door was also very friendly and helpful. Definatly recomend and defiantly will be back to stay! x

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Firstly i would like to thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay here at Aberdeen Westhill Premier Inn. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your time here with us and have happily passed on your comments to Pat who was equally thrilled . I have also passed on your comment to the manager of the Shepherds Rest We really depend on feedback such as yours to stretch our site and perform to the best of our abilities so thank you again!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the overall stay, big bed, plenty of pillows and the room itself was not a box!! Excellent value for money and the restaurant next door provided a good breakfast and a good selection of dishes for an evening meal.
If I have any criticism there should be a second comfy chair in the room for couples staying, there is plenty of room for it

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Urszula_Russell, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

The Premier Inn team were delighted to read your positive feedback regarding your visit to our hotel.
We were pleased to hear you had a great nights sleep and found our bed and pillows to your liking. Premier Inn listen to our guests and work towards ensuring every guest enjoys the experience of our hotels. I will also pass on your comments to the manager of the
Shepherds Rest next door , who will i am sure be very pleased you enjoyed your meals there.
On your next visit to us ask reception for an extra chair to be put in your room. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill
Village Hotel Aberdeen
Village Hotel Aberdeen
#23 of 65 in Aberdeen
Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Aberdeen (Westhill) Hotel? Share your experiences!