“Fantastic hotel; modern, clean and with great service.”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Stayed here for the first time very impressed with the quality of the bedroom and bathroom - very nice. The dinner was first class as was the service, very well trained staff. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2011

Dear Elin208
Thank you for your very kind review via Tripadvisor. I really appreciate you taking the time to feedback your great experience via the site for our benefit and the benefit of our future travellers.
Thank you in particular for your comment about our trained staff - they were recently awarded the Best Hotel Team Award 2011 - by the Scottish Hotel Awards.
Please be assured of a warm welcome when we hopefully see you return to us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Aberdeen West

Reviewed 22 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and the staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and have everything you could need. It's usually reasonably quiet and a good place to stay for business when you need a good night's sleep. The one thing that lets this hotel down is the quality and choice of the food, particularly for room service. Luigi's restaurant is good if you want to sit and eat a proper meal, but the bar food is not great and it's virtually impossible to find proper healthy option. What they do serve is good, it's just that sometimes a simpler choice would be nice. The breakfast buffet has a good choice and the staff again are very nice and helpful - if only they could server proper fresh tea instead of stewed from a flask! (but that's a personal choice and pet hate of mine in many hotels). Always a good experience staying here and somewhere I and my colleagues will use again and again.

Room Tip: Book well in advance, it's often full!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Dear Fatspanna
Thank you for your feedback and for your frequency of stay at the hotel.
I am very grateful for your positive comments regarding our great staff, Luigi's restaurant dnner and breakfast and our comfortable bedrooms.
I also appreciate your feedback regarding our lounge and room service menu's, in particular the healthy options that you feel we could do better on. As a frequent stayer at the hotel you will know that all of our menus are updated every 3 months and I assure you that although we currently offer over 50 differing main course choices, I will ensure that note and adaption of our next menu takes into account your feedback regarding healthy options which will fit into the seasonality of our summer menu very well.
Thank you again for taking the time to feedback to us and please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you are nextr staying at the hotel if there is anything special outwith our current meny that we can arrange for you.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

We had our wedding reception here on march 12th 2011. The decoration, attention to detail and catering was really good.The staff were all fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and we and our guests all had a great time. I would definatly recomend this hotel to anyone.
Fiona and Colin

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear Fiona and Colin
Congratulations to you both on your recent happy occasion and thank you so much for celebrating it with family and friends here at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West.
I'm very grateful for you taking the time to feedback on how well your event went and on the fact that we can count on your recommendations - this is extremely valuable to us, as personal recommendations and feedback such as that you have given, is our strongest way of gaining more customers.
Please accept my thanks for your review and my very best wishes for your future together.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

My friend and I went to the Take This tribute night in October, which was an absolutely fantastic night, from the entertainment to the food and service.

The staff were extremely friendly and the service was first class. The food was also really good and have been back since to sample more.

I have told all my friends and family about the night and should there be another evening planned i would not hesitate to get tickets.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Heffy_23
Thank you for your tremendous feedback following your use of the hotel and attendance at our Tribute event - Take That.
You don't need me to say how great these nights are, with the 'boys' being just about the best Take That tribute band in Scotland at the moment. They know how to drive the audience wild.
Great news about our food and service - thank you for recognising our great staff and great service

Reviewed 7 March 2011

We attended the Take this Tribute night as group of 10.

Would just like to take this opportunity to say a Big thank you, to you and your staff for a lovely evening.

The room was decorated beautifully , the food was excellent value for money and the staff were extremely helpful and attentive , nothing was too much trouble.

Our group certainly had a fun evening and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2011

Dear HOTELINSPECTORABZ
What a great user name - makes me a bit nervous! Seriously though, thank you for some truly great feedback about your recent attendance at the hotel. Our Take That tribute causes quite a stir and I'm pleased that you and your group had a great time.
In particular I appreciate your kind comments about the staff here - recently awarded The Best Hotel Team Award in the 2011 Scottish Hotel Awards.
I'm delighted to read your comments and happy to share them with the team here.
Thank you and I hope that we will see you again in the very neat future.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

We had our wedding reception here in Sept 2009 and they excelled beyond belief. Every guest commented on the service, food and rooms. We had our belated anniversary meal last week. It was the first time we had eaten at their restraunst Luigies. The food was devine, the menu was great and there is always a special on. I had Monk fish wrapped in pancetta with a lemon risotto, I've been craving the flavour again ever since! The staff are very attentive and freindly with out being OTT. We decided to stay over and stayed in an Executive suit. OMG the most comfortable bed ever...the room was so clean with modern decor and pleanty of room. Ideal for the business man with a swivel chair desk area a sofa and coffee table or a family of 2-4. If I could I would take this hotel with me anytime I go away from home.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

Dear PurpleHeather13
Thank you very much for a great review, right back to your wedding event in 2009 to present day. It's great to hear so much great comment about what we do here, and the way we do it. Luigi's Italian Restaurant is a hidden gem here in Westhill and I'm glad you've enjoyed it so much. Our Executive rooms have some of the largest beds in any of Aberdeen's hotels and are pretty much guaranteed to give you a great nights sleep. Your comments get shared amongst the team here and I know they will be bowled over by your headline, A Class of its own.
Many thanks and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Arrived to a very warm welcome, room was a very high standard, Hotel facilities were more than adequate. The Food was of a very high standard with a wide choice available all reasonably priced great value.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2011

Dear BazBasil
Thank you for taking the time to add your great comments to our Faceback feedback. I already have your completed guest questionnaire and I thank you for that also.
I'm really pleased that our team and hotel have been regarded by you as fantastic - we're all really delighted when our guests take the time to feedback, and as you can see from our other feedback, you're not alone in enjoying what we do.
Please come back and join us again and we'll do our best to keep you wanting to come back again and again.
Best regards
Bill Burnett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Skene House Rosemount
#3 of 65 in Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!