“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westhill
Scotland
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

Only stayed in this hotel one night but it was a lovely clean, modern hotel. Service was first class. Great breakfast. Staff were great and very helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

Spent an amazing evening at the Holiday Inn at their Mama Mia tribute night where, after paying our "Money Money Money" we felt like "The Winner Takes it all" . We "Thank you for the Music" which made us feel like "the Dancing Queen" and the Dinner was totally amazing. When asked if we enjoyed it, unanimously we echoed "I do, I do I do I do I do I do".
After an excellent evening I made my way to my exquisite room but unfortunately my "Waterloo" was not there just a most comfortable bed where "I had a dream".
Great night, great service, great accommodation and will definitely be back. Both the Tribute nights and the experience of staying at the Holiday Inn West will be recommended to my many friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask reservation staff, they advise honestly.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Deary Tooky 1202
It's fair to say I'm ''Head Over Heels'' with your review and glad that you were one of our ''Super Troupers'' on our latest Abbamania night.
I need to give up after that, as my list off Abba songs doesn't let me thank you for a great review and for letting us and others know about it.
Look out for our full calendar of great tribute nights throughout the year and of course we'd love to have you back strutting your ''Funky Feet'' and ''Givin A Little Bit More'' on the dancefloor.
Many thanks again
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

Stayed here for the first time very impressed with the quality of the bedroom and bathroom - very nice. The dinner was first class as was the service, very well trained staff. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Dear Elin208
Thank you for your very kind review via Tripadvisor. I really appreciate you taking the time to feedback your great experience via the site for our benefit and the benefit of our future travellers.
Thank you in particular for your comment about our trained staff - they were recently awarded the Best Hotel Team Award 2011 - by the Scottish Hotel Awards.
Please be assured of a warm welcome when we hopefully see you return to us in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and the staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable and have everything you could need. It's usually reasonably quiet and a good place to stay for business when you need a good night's sleep. The one thing that lets this hotel down is the quality and choice of the food, particularly for room service. Luigi's restaurant is good if you want to sit and eat a proper meal, but the bar food is not great and it's virtually impossible to find proper healthy option. What they do serve is good, it's just that sometimes a simpler choice would be nice. The breakfast buffet has a good choice and the staff again are very nice and helpful - if only they could server proper fresh tea instead of stewed from a flask! (but that's a personal choice and pet hate of mine in many hotels). Always a good experience staying here and somewhere I and my colleagues will use again and again.

Room Tip: Book well in advance, it's often full!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fatspanna
Thank you for your feedback and for your frequency of stay at the hotel.
I am very grateful for your positive comments regarding our great staff, Luigi's restaurant dnner and breakfast and our comfortable bedrooms.
I also appreciate your feedback regarding our lounge and room service menu's, in particular the healthy options that you feel we could do better on. As a frequent stayer at the hotel you will know that all of our menus are updated every 3 months and I assure you that although we currently offer over 50 differing main course choices, I will ensure that note and adaption of our next menu takes into account your feedback regarding healthy options which will fit into the seasonality of our summer menu very well.
Thank you again for taking the time to feedback to us and please do not hesitate to contact me personally when you are nextr staying at the hotel if there is anything special outwith our current meny that we can arrange for you.
Westhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

We had our wedding reception here on march 12th 2011. The decoration, attention to detail and catering was really good.The staff were all fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and we and our guests all had a great time. I would definatly recomend this hotel to anyone.
Fiona and Colin

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Fiona and Colin
Congratulations to you both on your recent happy occasion and thank you so much for celebrating it with family and friends here at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West.
I'm very grateful for you taking the time to feedback on how well your event went and on the fact that we can count on your recommendations - this is extremely valuable to us, as personal recommendations and feedback such as that you have given, is our strongest way of gaining more customers.
Please accept my thanks for your review and my very best wishes for your future together.
aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

My friend and I went to the Take This tribute night in October, which was an absolutely fantastic night, from the entertainment to the food and service.

The staff were extremely friendly and the service was first class. The food was also really good and have been back since to sample more.

I have told all my friends and family about the night and should there be another evening planned i would not hesitate to get tickets.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Dear Heffy_23
Thank you for your tremendous feedback following your use of the hotel and attendance at our Tribute event - Take That.
You don't need me to say how great these nights are, with the 'boys' being just about the best Take That tribute band in Scotland at the moment. They know how to drive the audience wild.
Great news about our food and service - thank you for recognising our great staff and great service
Banchory, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

We attended the Take this Tribute night as group of 10.

Would just like to take this opportunity to say a Big thank you, to you and your staff for a lovely evening.

The room was decorated beautifully , the food was excellent value for money and the staff were extremely helpful and attentive , nothing was too much trouble.

Our group certainly had a fun evening and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear HOTELINSPECTORABZ
What a great user name - makes me a bit nervous! Seriously though, thank you for some truly great feedback about your recent attendance at the hotel. Our Take That tribute causes quite a stir and I'm pleased that you and your group had a great time.
In particular I appreciate your kind comments about the staff here - recently awarded The Best Hotel Team Award in the 2011 Scottish Hotel Awards.
I'm delighted to read your comments and happy to share them with the team here.
Thank you and I hope that we will see you again in the very neat future.
Bill Burnett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
#15 of 63 in Aberdeen

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!