“excellent”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
edinburgh
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

A very nice hotel,lovely rooms very clean and comfy,great breakfast,would highly recommend...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear MalkyLou
Many thanks for some great feedback and your recommendation of us to others.

I hope we will see you again on your travels.

Best regards

Bill Burnett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
scotland
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a function in June. The room was spacious, comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Only downside would be the lighting - it was a dismal day outside and there was inadequate lighting in room itself - bathroom ok. The TV audio was piped to speaker in bathroom, which was fine - I like to listen as I get ready, others maybe prefer to do the necessary in peace and quiet!! The evening wedding party was great fun, excellent music for all ages and DJ was good at getting everyone up on dance floor. Breakfast next morning was self-serve - wide choice, well cooked. This hotel is ten minutes from Aberdeen's west end, easy access to city by dual carriageway to edge of west end - except can be slow on weekdays, peak time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear ScotlandIzzy
Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay for others on Tripadvisor. I'm very pleased that overall you rated yourstay at the hotel as excellent. I will review the lighting in your room - we have been trialling some new low energy lighting in some areas of the hotel including bedrooms and feedback of your kind is very helpful.
Many thanks

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Attended a party night for my friends hen night so booked a room. Hotel was lovely, room was perfect and breakfast was great, no complaints. Lovely bar and eating area, staff very helpful and friendly

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Sooz037
Thanks for joining in on our party night and for having a great time - and more importantly sharing it with Tripadvisor.
Many thanks again

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I live locally so have not used the hotel for accommodation, though I have used their evening restaurant "Luigi's Italian" on a number of occassions.

The restaurant is only open for dinner, I believe it may be Monday to Saturday only. I have always found the staff very accommodating of our large crowd, a group approx 9 of us tend to meet there for a catch up and fine food every 6-8 weeks.

I cannot fault the food nor can I fault the professional level of service, and I especially cannot fault the good value for money. As diners, we have never been made to feel rushed to leave nor have we ever felt that we are putting staff out in any way.

Being vegetarian, and normally on a bit of a tight budget! I tend to opt for the meal deal options, for this I can have two courses plus a coffee for under £20. I very much enjoy their risotto based dishes which come with a fab cheese crust and they also do a lovely bruchetta.

The restaurant has a nice ambiance, its always fairly busy so its best to book a table, though the fact its busy never affects the food quality nor does it affect the excellent service. We also find there has never been any "mistakes" with meals.

Thank you to the staff, keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Freybon
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Luigi's Italian - I'm very pleased to read about how much you have been enjoying Luigi's for great food and service, and that we have your custom regularly.
I hope that you will enjoy some of the new additions on our new menu launched this week, and watch out also for the launch of Luigi's Italians own website, with offers and online table reservations - coming soon.
In the meantime you can keep up to date with all thats going on via our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Thanks you again for visiting and we look forward to seeing you again.

Huntly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Weve recently just had our wedding reception at the holiday inn westhill and to say from start to finish it was absolutly fantastic.Elaine did a great job organising our reception and nothing was a problem to her.On the day hazel and her team could not have done enough for us and our guests and they had everything running like clock work.The room was absolutly stunning and food was fantastic both were highly complemented by our guests.If any is looking for a wedding venue me and my husband highly recrommend the holiday inn westhill.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Ashley F
Thank yo so much for taking the time to share your enjoyment of the hotel with others through Tripadvisor. I'm very pleased that you had a great special day with us at Holiday Inn.
Thank you also for highlighting the great jobs done by Elaine in the build up and Hazel on the day itself - they're both stars.
Finally, thank you for the recommendation to others. Feedback like your own from our wedding events is a fantastic boost to the entire team and helps us in getting other events to choose Holiday Inn.

Kind regards

Scotland
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My wife and I have stayed here on several occasions, usually just for one night.

We like to have the odd shopping trip to Costco as we live 120+ miles away; this hotel is absolutely ideal, being in Westhill - just half a mile from the Aberdeen warehouse.

We booked the cheapest room each time through the PriorityClub website - nice and comfortable, nice and quiet. One slightly peculiar quirk was that the cheapest rooms are advertised as having "Queen sized beds" - I can confirm that both times we stayed, the bed was NOT a Queen (6 ft wide) it was a King (5 ft). I did mention this to the reception staff at the time and was met with blank looks - I can only assume this is a fault with the Priority Club website.
This did not detract from our enjoyment of the room at all - both my wife and I are perfectly happy with a King sized bed - but for the sake of accurate description, the website really should be amended.

We ate a carvery dinner in the adjoining restaurant one evening and it was truly excellent - very much at the top end of typical Holiday Inn restaurants. Excellent, attentive staff - who coped very well with a completely full restaurant.

A great highlight was the breakfast - this was absolutely first class. Lovely fresh cold and hot buffet items - I have stayed several times in the Hilton Treetops closer to the centre of Aberdeen and the Holiday Inn was far, far better. Out of the 7 or 8 Holiday Inns in the UK I have stayed in, this was easily the best breakfast. Well done to all the staff and management for keeping up such a high standard.

We will be back again for our next Costco trip - I would also say that if anyone has a reason to stay a day or two for Aberdeen City but doesn't like the noise and bustle of being right in the middle, this is an excellent option within easily commutable distance by car or bus.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Eyemajic
Thank you for a great review and for being so detailed in your stay experience - this is of great benefit in helping others choose to stay here.
I appreciate your statistic - in the top 10% and will be sharing your comments with Holiday Inn UK.
In the meantime we look forward to welcoming you back when you are on your next shopping trip to Aberdeen.
Safe travels

Reviewed 6 July 2012

The email I received seemed to suggest Bed & Breakfast for £49 but when at the hotel we were told we were not entitled. I contacted the management and they stated that this hotel was not a hotel selling at this price and somewhere else on their website I would have found their deal at £59. I still think their email was misleading.
It is a very nice hotel, room was clean and bed very comfy

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr Skinner
I was sorry to read through Tripadvisor that you are still unhappy regarding the advert for Holiday Inn offering room rates including breafast from £49.00
Since your initial complaint some months ago, I can assure you that both the team here and the team at Holiday Inn Guest Relations have spent some considerable time reviewing your feedback.
Regrettably I must still advise that on this occasion your booking was honoured at the rate that you yourself booked over the internet and that the hotel is not at fault here.
Please be assured that Holiday Inn welcomes your continued custom in the future and that further special offer rates will be available at many hotels in the future.

Bill Burnett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Palm Court Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
#15 of 64 in Aberdeen

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!