“fantastic hotel”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed with our 1 year old and was very pleasant. Room was spacious and very clean and was very quiet. Staff very helpful at reception, didn't eat in restaurant but did order room service, food was ok but nothing special. Great having air con in the room and an ice machine in the corridor. Would stay here again happily.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Gayle r
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay, and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My first time in a Holiday inn, Aberdeen west as you go in the foyer, you get that feel it's so well run, and a hotel of reputable standing, my room was lovely, very comfortable indeed, adequately sized beds, my only down side was it was, situated outside on the roof were the units for the refrigeration/aircon, thankfully i switched off to them, located in a lovely part of aberdeen, there are shops just across the road, so very convenient, foodwise it offers two restaurants , luigi's and the hotel restaurant, very nice menu's! Food was well portioned , despite me finding a bone in my chicken dish it is forgiveable. All in all i enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed: July 2013
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Brutrules
Thank you for staying with us and for an excellent and well balanced review of the hotel. I hope that we will see you again when you are next staying in Aberdeenshire.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Ate with friends in a large party of adults and kids. Excellent service, choice and quality of food excellent. Staff very friendly and accommodating, washrooms clean. Highly recommend for any type of group or occasion.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Canadascot
thank you for your strong recommendation on our food and service. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your experience and taken the time to share it with others.
I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Over the last year we have become regular guests at this friendly hotel and always look forward to our next visit. Staff greet you with a friendly helpful attitude and record any special requests to ensure they are in place for your next visit. Breakfast is such a joy. Nothing has been overlooked and the service is superb. Tony Maloy welcomes us each morning as manager in charge - always so professional in a very approachable careing manner. Great way to start your day. Having travelled extensively I cannot remember anywhere that can compare to Tony and his team who go that extra wee bit just to ensure your every need is catered for - great.

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the hotel have better outlook but are all comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Eskillen
Thank you for your useage of the hotel and for a great review - I can assure you that Tony is very pleased to have starred in another great guest Tripadvisor review. I am pleased that we have looked after you and thank you for your time in sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Easily the best holiday inn experience ive had. Started with my 9am morning meeting being cancelled so i called from the airport and jenny got me a room. The room was cosy and spotless. Very well cleaned indeed! Loved the steam-free mirror :).. The following day breakfast was really nice, best of all no cross-contamination with meat items. Excellent staff! Highly recommend !

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Reular_trvlr
Thank you for a great review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that we have impressed you and in particular that you regard us as having delivered you your best Holiday Inn experience.
I hope that we can look after you again when you are next in Aberdeenshire.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Third stay here, and nothing has changed.
Clean, and comfortable with good bathroom and room facilities.
Buffet breakfast, again good quality and a nice environment.
Both lifts broke during my stay, butch there are only three floors!
Restaurant and lounge bar are good and comfortable.
Good bus route into the city centre.
Even the public bar isn't as bad as I remember.
Would have liked to see some updates around the hotel, especially as there is lots so new build hotels popping up close by.
This hotel will have to improve if it wants to compete.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Rangestormer
Thank you for staying with us, and for a well balanced review.
I would like to share your skepticism about or ranking relative to 'Westhill' - I have myself challenged Tripadvisor to have the hotel re-listed as an Aberdeen location in order to properly rank us amongst Aberdeen's hotels. We had been until Tripadvisor changed boundary considerations. We were always within the Top 5 hotels within all of Aberdeenshire.
I apologise about our lifts. They were off-line as opposed to out of order, as we were upgrading to new control buttons in each lift. They were re-instated each day, but I accept that we should have informed you perhaps via sign-age of this upgrade.
Watch out for new state of the art televisions soon in our rooms, with a much wider range of channels to choose from.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us in Westhill.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We enjoyed staying at this well-managed hotel for 3 nights for a short break; accommodation and service was of a high standard. What was particularly memorable was the genuine hospitality provided by the hotel's staff, across all departments. There was clear evidence of a positive culture among the staff, which in turn provides a positive experience for customers, and enables the hotel to win the awards which it proudly displays. Our room (211) was not particularly peaceful or relaxing on the first night of our stay due to music from a wedding reception; thankfully this only affected that one night. Breakfast was consistently excellent, and we enjoyed dinner one evening in Luigi's Restaurant.

Room Tip: The hotel regularly hosts wedding receptions in its Balmoral Suite; nearby rooms may be affected by...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Strathallan
Thank you for a lovely review of our hotel and the team. I appreciate you taking the time to feed this back to all of our potential future guests.
I apologise to you also for the disruption you encountered during one night of your stay and am, glad that you have encountered far more positives than this negative.
I hope we will see you again in Westhill in the future.
Bill Burnett

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen City Centre
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen City Centre
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill
Malmaison Aberdeen
Malmaison Aberdeen
#13 of 65 in Aberdeen

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!