“Luigis Restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
United Kingdom
“Luigis Restaurant”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

Luigis Italian. Prompt and slick service. Very competent and courteous staff. Great food. Part of a group of 7 with few order repeats. I had the special which was monkfish and sundried tomatoes wrapped in ham on a bed of risotto which was very tasty. No one had any issues with the food other than the two burgers.....the problem being our two resident hogs couldn't finish them because the plateful was too large when you included the chunky chips!!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dewar Westhillfly
Thank you for a great review on Luigi's. I'm delighted that you all had such a great time and I hope that we will see you back before too long?

Bill Burnett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The comfortable dining area & prompt attention in the Glentanar lounge lulled us into the false expectation of very good dining experience for our Saturday lunch, so we were disappointed that two of the five meals were not as expected.
The gammon ordered from the specials board & requested with extra veg instead of potatoes, first arrived as a child's portion. This was returned with the request for an adult portion and was inexplicably replaced by meat with vegetables piled into a giant Yorkshire pudding! As everyone else was already well into their meal, no further replacement was requested.
Anticipation of a delicious poached salmon & prawn quiche was dashed by the reality of an offering with a hard, dry & slightly shrivelled surface, as though it had been sitting under heat lights for too long.
On the positive side, the roast beef dipper sandwich exceeded expectations with it's layer of caramelised onions and generous sides.
I wouldn't go out of my way to visit there again for a meal.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear MLW28
I'm extremely sorry to read of your disappointment with your visit to our Glentanar lounge. I would like to assure you that complaints about our food quality are extremely rare and I hope that you would be willing to try our lounge again.
I am more concerned that after your initial complaints that we still failed to ensure that you were completely satisfied prior to leaving us. As you will appreciate, that would never be our intention.
Please contact me at the hotel if you would like to give us another try and I will do my very best to meet with you and hopefully transform your opinion of the lounge for future visits.
Seez, France
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Having not been at the Holiday Express Westhill Hotel before I had decided before turning up it would just be one of those nothing special nights. But I couldn't have been more wrong.
On arrival I walked through the main doors from an extremely cold and frosty air outside and was met with a rush of warm air which instantly made everyone relax and into an extremely well designed Santa's Grotto which rushed me back to my childhood if only for a brief moment before being dragged through to the bar to meet fellow guests and friends who were already I the swing of things in another warm and inviting area where the local school pupils were smartly dressed serving and attending to every need that was asked of them. They had obviously been trained well by management.
There were families in dining mixed in with the hotel guests and everything looked like a well oiled machine moving along like clockwork.
I bought a round and was pleasantly surprised that this hotel didn't serve overpriced drinks, normal bar prices?? Strange maybe the girl had made a mistake.
Ushered through to the ballroom we were met by waitresses handing out cocktails and in to another tastefully decorated room with all tables set up to accommodate us. Hotel meals are well known for being a hit or a miss as the chefs are making up 200 of the same thing and I wasn't expecting anything special but the food was excellent with everything coming out hot and delicious.
The entertainment got everything off to an immediate start and an army of serving staff catered to our every needs.
I had never been there before but the professionalism throughout the hotel with all the staff and the normal pricing they have is a welcome that will have any of us returning there very soon.

Stayed December 2013
Dear BarryC
Thank you for attending one of our Party Tribute nights and for taking the time to write a great review on Tripadvisor.
Now that you've tried us I hope that we will see you again in the new year where we have a full calendar of events throughout the year.
Many thanks again

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I took my daughter and 2 grandsons along with my wife for lunch.
Ordered fish and chips for the kids, haddock and chips for my daughter and a pot of tea for my wife.
When the kids meal arrived the fish was dripping go oil as was my daughters fish. On closer inspection the batter and fish was not fully cooked through.
Signs of the cooking oil being below cooking temperature.
Water for the tea was not boiled. Requested another pot of hot water, which took 15minutes to come.

The only positive out of this the kids ice cream was ok.
Noted protest over the condition of the food to the duty manager who kind of agreed that the fish was not up to par. She removed the fish from the bill.

Will not be back and will not recommend this hotel for a meal to any one I know.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Falaba
I'm extremely sorry that we appear to have given you a very poor experience of our food in the Glentanar Lounge. You will know from your use of Tripadvisor that this is genuinely not a very common example of our food quality or service.
Please let me assure you however that our chef and staff have had you comments discussed and I hope that we will handle this situation better in the future should it occur again.
I realise from your feedback that we might not see you again in Westhill. Please let me know if you would like to try again and I will be delighted to help and make your grandchildren's lunch more enjoyable.
Pickering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just stayed for four nights and would like to say what a pleasant experience it was.
The hotel is modern, the rooms are clean and well presented, both restaurants have exstensive menus serving quality food at reasonable prices and all the staff are helpful and attentive.
Expensive but worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerr93
Dear Gerr93
Thank you for staying with us and for writing a great review on your stay on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we will see you again in the new year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here with my husband for a wedding reception. We had flown up from London and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Reception was held here and was very good all round. Lovely clean rooms and blackout curtains ensured a good nights sleep. Nice buffet style breakfasts with great choice of items on it. Definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Mrs Bells
Thank you for a lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased that you had a great stay after your journey.
I hope that we may see you again if you are returning to Aberdeenshire in the future?

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here four times in the last month due to courses I was attending locally. Very impressed with the service I received, the staff on reception were more than helpful & pleasant. The rooms I stayed in were big with large beds, en-suite was impeccably clean with modern fixtures & fittings inc audio speakers from the tv and heated mirror that didn't steam up after shower. The fixtures & fittings in the rooms were nice too, the heating/aircon system was easy to operate. All restaurants on site were brilliant with extensive menu & delicious food. I would definitely be happy stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank navigat0r1
Dear Navigat0r1
Thank you for staying with us and for an excellent review on the hotel on Tripadvisor.
I hope that if you are attending further courses that we will see you again. If not, maybe a weekend break?
Thank you again and for taking the time to share your experience.

Bill Burnett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
#9 of 65 in Aberdeen
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!