“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Aberdeen West

Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westhill
Buckie, United Kingdom
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I arrived at the hotel to find plenty of free parking spaces. On checking in I was impressed with the decor of the hotel, found it was much better than I'd expected. The staff were a little more preoccupied with chatting to each other but were friendly enough. On arriving at my room, again I was impressed by the standard. The room was large with a huge comfy bed, very modern TV and was nicely decorated. The bathroom had plenty of space, again had a modern feel to it and even had a speaker system that was linked to the TV. There was also free WiFi throughout. On a whole the room was impressive, it was also very clean. I didn't get a chance to try an evening meal, but was very impressed with cooked breakfast. It was well laid out and very tasty. The only negative thing I could say about the hotel was that it was quite expensive, though having stayed in many hotels in and around Aberdeen I have found that this is to be expected. Overall I was very happy with my visit and would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Wayne 1986,

What a great review, our new TV system is the first of its kind in the UK. I am particularly pleased that you found our hotel to be so up to date, modern and most of all clean and comfortable. Our breakfast team pride themselves on setting you up for the day and I am very pleased this was the case.

I will of course address the point you raised with regards your initial impression of our team and am sure on your next visit you will not encounter this.

I do hope it is not too long until we see you again.

Marc Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We thought we would try the Sunday Lunch carvery after hearing its good. Main course only for £12.95. Selection of roast beef, pork ham etc with boiled and roast pots.

Unfortunately a poor veg choice of carrot, sprouts, turnip only.

Yorkshire pudding, skirlie and sausage which were all nice.

Roast beef was chewy and ham although tasted good was over cooked ontop so too hard to enjoy part of it.

In reality, good enough but not amazing. Its a shame the beef was fatty and had chewy fat through it, as otherwise it tasted good. The ham tasted great, but I could not eat the top pieces as over fired in the oven and very hard.

Has the potential to be great, especially if a better vegetable choice and better beef quality.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Angel2043,

Many thanks for your detailed and constructive feedback after your recent visit to the Glenatanar Lounge. Please be assured that your comments have been discussed by our operations team and actioned where appropriate.

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The company booked this hotel for me, on my business trip here, close to what i needed. Large rooms, confy beds, but the customer service wasn't that great. I didn't like the first room , and took quite long to change it i almost felt asleep, when the phone rang from the fd , asking if i still want to move... really guys? I believe the guest services need a retraining on brand standards and exeed guest expectations, otherwise why is it still a hotel..I would recomend the hotel but the management needs to pay attention to guest services and employee lack of interest, regarding guest satisfaction.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear MartinM,

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that the team did not deliver on our usual high standards on this occasion. It is unusual for us to receive any negativity regarding customer service from our front desk team. Please be assured that your issues have been fully addressed.

I do hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed here an extended period when we moved to Scotland and were waiting for our house to be ready. The service here was excellent. And compared to the several other hotels we have stayed at in Aberdeen, the rooms are quite large. The restaurants were great as well, and they have an amazing fish and chips! We would go there for that alone! Highly recommend for visitors. Lovely location in Westhill.

Room Tip: We had connected rooms for our kids. Great option.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear TxGrlOutDoors,

Thank you for your recent comments on TripAdvisor. Its great to read that you had such an enjoyable experience during your relocation to Scotland, we enjoyed looking after you and your family during your time with us.

I am very pleased that you rated the service as excellent, our team pride themselves on offering a welcoming, friendly and efficient service. I am particularly pleased you enjoyed the fish and chips, one of our top sellers from our Glentanar lounge menu.

I do hope we will see you again, once you have had time to settle into your new home.

Westhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We held a fundraising dinner last weekend and I honestly cannot fault the way the hotel handled it. From our initial enquiry right through until the event every query we had was answered promptly and helpfully (thanks Elaine!). Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. On the night itself all of the staff were very friendly and efficient and the management were extremely attentive and constantly checking all was well. The food was excellent and the décor in the room was beautiful. I would not hesitate to recommend Holliday Inn Aberdeen West if you are looking for a function venue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear PamW1971,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you were looked after throughout the organisation and operation of the event and that you had such an excellent experience. The team and I are delighted that you managed to raise as much as you did for such life changing cause.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

General Manager.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago as I was attending a function there on the Saturday night.

The staff were fantastic and couldn't do more to help. The rooms were comfy with all mod-cons. Very clean, smart and well kept.

The event itself was also fantastic with staff there also excelling themselves in terms of service with a smile.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marc J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear TwinkeyUK,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I was so pleased to read that you had such a great experience at the hotel, the team are thrilled to read your comments.

Hope to see you again in the very near future.

Best regards,

General Manager.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

We got married at this hotel, beautiful rooms, we were looked after exceptionally and made to feel very special. Staff were very helpful and friendly especially Elaine and Neil they could not do enough to ensure our day went well. Food was excellent, room was very large modern clean. Couldnt find any faults with this hotel & highly recommend!!

• Stayed February 2014
Dear 1402Kevizy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to place a review on TripAdvisor, I am very pleased that you had such an excellent day. The team and especially Neil & Elaine were delighted to be part of making your day so special.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Best regards,

Marc Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
Palm Court Hotel
#17 of 63 in Aberdeen

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!