“A Class of its own”

Holiday Inn Aberdeen West
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westhill
“A Class of its own”
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We had our wedding reception here in Sept 2009 and they excelled beyond belief. Every guest commented on the service, food and rooms. We had our belated anniversary meal last week. It was the first time we had eaten at their restraunst Luigies. The food was devine, the menu was great and there is always a special on. I had Monk fish wrapped in pancetta with a lemon risotto, I've been craving the flavour again ever since! The staff are very attentive and freindly with out being OTT. We decided to stay over and stayed in an Executive suit. OMG the most comfortable bed ever...the room was so clean with modern decor and pleanty of room. Ideal for the business man with a swivel chair desk area a sofa and coffee table or a family of 2-4. If I could I would take this hotel with me anytime I go away from home.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 16 February 2011
Dear PurpleHeather13
Thank you very much for a great review, right back to your wedding event in 2009 to present day. It's great to hear so much great comment about what we do here, and the way we do it. Luigi's Italian Restaurant is a hidden gem here in Westhill and I'm glad you've enjoyed it so much. Our Executive rooms have some of the largest beds in any of Aberdeen's hotels and are pretty much guaranteed to give you a great nights sleep. Your comments get shared amongst the team here and I know they will be bowled over by your headline, A Class of its own.
Many thanks and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Bill Burnett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Arrived to a very warm welcome, room was a very high standard, Hotel facilities were more than adequate. The Food was of a very high standard with a wide choice available all reasonably priced great value.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 28 January 2011
Dear BazBasil
Thank you for taking the time to add your great comments to our Faceback feedback. I already have your completed guest questionnaire and I thank you for that also.
I'm really pleased that our team and hotel have been regarded by you as fantastic - we're all really delighted when our guests take the time to feedback, and as you can see from our other feedback, you're not alone in enjoying what we do.
Please come back and join us again and we'll do our best to keep you wanting to come back again and again.
Best regards
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2011

The friendliness of the staff was only excelled by the service quality that we received from them. The rooms were spotless and modern in all aspects. and the food in the Restaurants was exceptional. I would recommend going here for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 26 January 2011
Dear Mr Buchanan
Thank you for your great review of the hotel after your recent stay. I'm delighted that you've chosen to share your experience with others through Tripadvisor like so many of our guests. I am extremely grateful for your rating of the hotel as the best in Aberdeen. By any measure that's great news for me to share with the team, and for our future guests to read.
Thank you again, and I hiope that we will see you back in Aberdeen in the future.
glasgow
Reviewed 20 January 2011

stayed here in december with my family , exceptional value for money , cleanest hotel i have stayed in , service was excellent .

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Dear Bains88
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Tripadvisor and sharing your great experience at the hotel. I'm delighted to share your feedback with the team here, and hope that we will see you again in Aberdeen in the future.
Many thanks
Reviewed 21 December 2010

celebrated my birthday at the holiday inn with a group of friends and wham bam rocket man...an Elton John & George Michael tribute....it was fantastic...the meal was lovely, the room amazing and the staff very helpful and friendly...cant wait to go back..thank you for a great night

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Jodie
Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback on your great birthday at the hotel.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our George Michael and Elton John tribute artists for your birthday night out. I hope you'll agree they put on a great show, with vocals and costumes to rival the real artists.
I'm very pleased to see you can't wait to come back - we've got a full schedule of great tributes for 2011, and all supported by great food, great service and a great disco.
Thanks again for your terrific feedback.

Reviewed 28 November 2010

It was the day of my daughters 7th birthday party and the snow was so bad we were unable to get to her original party venue. We were unable to come up with any alternative party venues at such short notice. We then phoned the Holiday Inn (westhill) to enquire if they would be able to accomodate us at short notice. The hotel had a function room available (The Braemar Suite) for the 2 hours that we required so decided to rearrange all party guests and families and head for the Holiday Inn. The room was perfect for what we required and the staff especially Louise , Colin and their team were brilliant, helpful and did everything to make olivia's day a memorable one . I cannot thank Louise and Colin enough for helping us out at such short notice and highly recommend the Holiday Inn(westhill) for any occasion that you may have.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
BBurnett, General Manager at Holiday Inn Aberdeen West, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Dear TopTripTips
Thank you very much for a great review, and for your praise for Louise, Colin and the team here after your recent party emergency. I'm so glad we were able to help out and in your words, 'save the day'
That's a tremendous accolade for us and I am very grateful to you.
Hopefully you'll see from our other Tripadvisor reveiws that Louise and Colin are stars for the hotel, and have been complimented by many. I am glad that you have shared your experience for others and thank you greatly for your recommendation.
Now of course, you have no excuses for not planning Olivia's 8th birthday party here !- we'd be delighted to look after you again, and I'm sure with a year to prepare, we'll give you an even better experience.
Seriously though, thanks again for a great review, and be assured that Louise and Colin are both grinning from ear to ear having saved the day.

Kind regards

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2010

We have stayed three times at Westhill in the last few yearsand always enjoyed our visit. The rooms are very comfortable and clean, the bathrooms are spacious and modern with lots of space for toilet bags etc. We stayed two nights and the warm welcome and delightful Christmas decorations added to the enjoyment of our stay. We ate in the restaurant on the Friday evening and had a lovely meal. We have only one minor negative comment - perhaps you could review the taped music played at breakfast time (20th Nov). We were quite early and with the restaurant being quiet we could hear every word sung. The CD playing was not really suitable for that time of day, one track being about feeling good when they died. Not the best start when like us you are over 65!! We will definitely be back and very much look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Nina
Thank you for making me smile on reading your review.
I can honestly tell you that I've had 'The day I died' by Just Jack removed from our playlist forever and I'm sorry it made it to breakfast. As you say, not really suitable for breakfast time. I apologise but am glad to see that it won't stop you returning.
I'm glad you continue to enjoy your stays with us, and for the informed comments that you have placed for the benefit of future travellers.
Tripadvisor is without doubt the best site for honest appraisals of hotel experiences, and I'm very grateful for your great comments, loyalty and dare I say it, your sense of humour.
Please ask for me when your next staying - I'd like to say hello and and show you the broken CD.
Best wishes and thanks

Bill Burnett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westhill
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
Jurys Inn Aberdeen
#8 of 65 in Aberdeen
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel
Mercure Aberdeen Caledonian Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Aberdeen West? Share your experiences!