“My favourite restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Rochester, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Every time I have been here its been great, the food is delicious the atmosphere is lovely and the decor is gorgeous. If anyone slates this restaurant then they need to get a grip, the prices are fantastically low and your entire family can enjoy a meal out. I always fill my plate to the max and I love food, if the plate is too small, top it up like a mountain, dont listen to anyone bad mouthing this restaurant until you try it yourself and if you expect too much then maybe you should put your hand in your pocket and go to a more expensive restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

margate
“Lovely pub, shame about the food.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Lovely pub, great decor and nice and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Prices were good, £5.20 for a large carvery.

However, the food itself was such a disappointment.
There were three joints of meat on offer - turkey, beef and gammon. Which were, very nice indeed. Could've had just a big plate of that on it's own.

Vege on offer was roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots, sprouts, Yorkshire puddings and cabbage.

The roast potatoes were awful. Rubbery skin and tasteless. They bent when I tried to cut them.

The cauliflower cheese was just boiled, watery cauliflower sat in a bowl with packet cheese sauce all over it.

Yorkshire puddings were pre-made frozen things. Hard and overdone.

Carrots and sprouts were also boiled to within an inch of their lives. Tasteless mush.

I expected a delicious home-made roast dinner. What I got was catering style cheap canteen food.

Definitely won't be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Urh”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Dried up carvery ... running out of everything .. toilet covered in sick told a member of staff ( young sulky cant be bothered waitress ) she said oh ok hour later as we left still the same she done nothing about it ! Yellow discusting icecream ... to sum it all up ROTTEN

• Visited October 2013
mojacar
“not a good experience today”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

a sad piece of turkey sat on the carving deck and two of the three of us got served turkey. My husband wanted turkey & was offered the trimmings, the carver said he could make a serving out of the trimmings. My husband only likes the white meat and nothing burnt or crispy or skin. He ended up having gammon, which as he said he could have in any restaurant, and really wanted the turkey. The carver said that they had been busy and there was only gammon and turkey on offer and no pork because it had all gone, although I think pork was advertised for today and there was no mention of no pork when we paid for our meals. This is not the first time we have had a bad meal in this restaurant and we feel it will be a long time before we return to this establishment.

• Visited October 2013
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Awful carvery”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We arrived just as they were opening. Food should have been good - wrong the joints were all burnt and the vegetables were all overcooked. It was like something my Dad used to cook. At least he did not charge me for such awful food.

Visited May 2013