“Not impressed”

Red Bowl Asian Bistro
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Indian Land
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had awful service. She forgot to place an order so one of us had to continue to wait for our meal. Sprite drink was refilled with water. Two teas were filled with unsweetened tea and she said it was sweet. Still tipped 10 percent and she slammed down receipt book on counter when she saw it. Not impressed. Won't be back.

1  Thank Igave2and2

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We met friends for dinner at Red Bowl Asian Bistro in Indian Land SC...we were expecting the usual from a chain store but were pleasantly surprised the food was great and the service was wonderful...they were very accommodating and very friendly.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Friends and I went here for lunch shortly after it opened. I was delighted to see Coconut Chicken Soup on the menu and ordered it for lunch. The soup was NOTHING like Thai Coconut Chicken Soup. It wasn't even close. When I told the server that the soup was NOT Thai Coconut Chicken Soup, she responded, "Oh -- you don't like this?". I had to explain that I LIKE Thai Coconut Chicken Soup but THIS was not it. My friends liked their Chinese-style entrees, but I decided not to order anything else.

2  Thank trivialgal
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The sushi at Red Bowl is basically the same sushi you can get anywhere, it is very good, but nothing terribly special, not for the shrimp fried rice, BEST I have EVER HAD!! Huge portion, reasonable price and fantastic service too!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Not a place you want to go to if you want two entrees and a dessert for roughly fifty dollars and expect something well made. I went with my mother, we had the vegetarian pot stickers for an appetizer those were decent at best. The sever that waited on us was okay and the entrees were... Off I don't know how else to explain it, my meal was too bland (which was the Szechuan Beef) and my mothers meal (the Garlic Chicken) was too spicy. Once we took about 5 bites of both entrees we were done... So we decided to try a desert, it was their re-fried ice cream ball with tempura batter... It was interesting, but not something I would get again.

In conclusion if you want a disappointing meal for around twenty-five dollars a person ( excluding tips) you should head right on down to the Red Bowl Asian Bistro in Indian Land!

1  Thank Evan M