“Popped in for a drink ”
Review of The Old Brewers

The Old Brewers
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lockerley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

What a great little pub! Popped in with a walking group whilst out for the day. Lovely owners, so friendly. It was cosy and took me back to my childhood with smells akin to my grandma's sunday lunch. Definitely worth a visit but only open on sundays.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

As usual Terry and Shirley and the Parrot give you a great welcome and excellent home cooked food. Real old world charm. Love the Toilets a must see by themselves.

1  Thank battie9
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Booked for a Sunday roast and wasn't disappointed. The landlord and landlady were very friendly as were the locals. The choice of meats were beef,lamb and pork or you could have all 3. A few vegetarian options were available also. Be sure to take cash as cards are not accepted.

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Decided to try this village pub for a meal on a Saturday night. Came into a very cosy, Christmassy room with a lovely log fire. We were entertained by Terry and the locals who were very friendly. The food was cooked from scratch and worth waiting for! By the time we had finished we were very happy and very full, couldn't manage a pudding. Two courses were £12.00 which was fantastic value. Please note that they only accept cash here. We will definitely return as we were treated as individuals and made to feel so welcome just as if we were locals too.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

Although my wife and I had been to this pub for a drink a couple of times many years ago we had never eaten there but gave it a try recently with friends who suggested it.

On entering the bar we were surprised to see on a Saturday night only one other couple who were dining and a local having a drink at the bar. I ordered drinks at the bar where I noticed a sign saying credit and debit cards are no longer accepted so it was as well that we had enough cash with us.

We were given menus which were a little confusing, a varied "early bird" fixed price menu at £15.00 for three courses which looked extremely good value for money plus a list of main courses which were also reasonably priced. Apparently we could pick and choose from each. Two of us opted for the fixed price menu and the other two chose starters from that and mains from the a la carte. After placing our orders we had to ask the landlord for a wine list which was then brought to us by the young waiter. It was a varied list but with no description of the wines, e.g Merlot, Shiraz etc but with no further information such as the maker or country of origin. However, we were happy with our choice which at £16.00 was good value. The desserts rounded off the meal very nicely, traditional but very good.

We enjoyed our evening though my steak, which I had ordered medium, was to say the least more than well done and not much thicker than a rasher of bacon though it was eatable. At £15.00 for three courses I guess you get what you pay for.

The decor in the dining room was a throw back to times past with a collection of chamber pots and bed pans hanging above our heads.

We won't go there again but if you want a cheap meal in an old fashioned pub then this could be for you as long as it's on a Friday or Saturday as they don't do food the rest of the week. With so few customers on a Saturday night I wonder how long it will last so if you care about country pubs give it a try but take enough cash.