“Excellent service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
birmimgham
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Recently stayed here for two weeks the service was excellent the staff really looked after us, the rooms where fully cleaned everyday to a good standard, the resturant food was great. No complaints thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2014
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I will certainly share your kind comments with all of the team at the Prince Regent

Stuart Friell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I found the menu over priced. I finally ordered the scampi and chips instead of the French fries but I got the fries as they got the order wrong. A plate of pre- frozen uninteresting food. The only saving grace was the tartare sauce which seemed to be home made. At £8.95 I'd rather go to Burger King where I'd pay £3.99 for the same quality and get a drink thrown in. I won't bother to eat there again. This was the lounge menu with sandwiches around the £6 mark.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shebsy121
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am sorry you found our lounge menu to be expensive, we are currently in the process of rewriting our menus for the spring and summer period and I would like to reassure readers of this review that our pricing is consistent within our market and suitably priced for a four star hotel.

Stuart Friell

Travellers are raving about these Chigwell hotels

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I cannot praise enough the efforts of the staff for our wedding reception on the 15th March 2014. The day was truly amazing and the staff went to such lengths to make our guests welcome and provide a truly magnificent event. The food was wonderful and the accommodation was excellent. Our Wedding co-ordinator Matthew went to extraordinary lengths to make our day so special. The hospitality extended to our friends and family who stayed overnight was first class and we would highly recommend it to any couple looking for a reception venue. On a practical but equally important note the cost of the venue, meal and accommodation was extremely reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen W
Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read your review and pleased that your wedding event was such a success. I will certainly share your kind comments with Matthew and all of the team at the hotel who worked extremely hard to ensure you and your wife had a wonderful day to remember.

Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I hosted our charity ball at the Prince Regent on Saturday 1st March. We were totally satisfied with the service we received from sales team member Nicola and event manager, Matthew - who was calm, accomodating and professional - thank you. The evening went extremely smoothly, the food was tasty and all 140 of us were served efficiently by polite staff. The kitchen staff for the evening are to be highly commended. In addition, the resident DJ, Ian Leigh was fantastic. He was flexible, great fun, and nothing was too much trouble - especially when it came to helping with technical issues. Ian was a good all round performer. We benefitted from the Menzies hotels' charity package and are very grateful for thier help and support. Our only criticism was that the breakfast service the next morning seemed to be overwhelmed with the numbers of guests arriving late on. However, this was a minor issue in the scheme of things,and didnt detract from the overall experience. Well done to all concerned. T & F

Room Tip: If you are booking overnight accommodation before the re-fit is completed, we would recommend the up...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frances M
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments regarding the team at the hotel and especially pleased to read that the ball was a tremendous success. I will of course pass on your kind comments to all of the team back at the hotel and very much look forward to hosting your event next year.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am very slow in writing this, but wanted to make sure I took the time to do it. I had my wedding reception at the Prince Regent on 30th November. I also stayed at the hotel from 29th Nov - 2nd Dec 2013.
Firstly I cannot praise Jonathan, the wedding coordinator, highly enough. I was a very nervous bride and from the moment I arrived on the Friday afternoon he took every worry, task and stress off my shoulders. He could not have done enough for us.
The staffs at the hotel were out of this world, I had numerous wedding guests and family staying and they went out of their way to accommodate us. I sat down to a meal with twenty of my family/bridal party on the Friday night and they made it effortless and a really relaxing night.
I have to have a special mention for the food it was amazing! The waitress’ and bar staff all weekend (and especially at the bar at the wedding) were efficient polite and really lovely.
On the day it was faultless, Jonathan was never far away from me ensuring that I had everything I needed without even asking, the day ran like clockwork and that without a doubt is down to the efficiency of Jonathan and the team. The food was amazing again and I had numerous comments on how many people liked it - the chicken for the children was a firm favourite.
As per any wedding there was drama, but due to Jonathan and his team I (and most of my guests) was oblivious to this until the following morning!
The Sunday morning the head chef and hotel manager both found me and made sure that everything had been just as we wished, and as I have said I cant fault them!
Their amazing treatment didn’t stop there as they laid on Sunday lunch for remaining guests and were attentive as they had been on our wedding day. It was a female looking after us (for the life of me I cant remember her name) but I owe her a thank you, she was lovely and patient with my 3 year old nephew who was being a grump as he was tired from all the excitement. Same said lady also organised breakfast for myself, husband and parents and sister on the Monday morning, helping load the car with the huge amount of stuff we had to take with us.
The rooms were clean, spacious and I can’t complain. The people who clean the rooms do an amazing job. The morning of the wedding I left mine in a total state despite trying to tidy a bit (sorry!) and when I got back with my new husband you would never have believed that there had been such a mess. The bridal suite was huge, enough to fit myself, two hairdressers, make up artist, NINE bridesmaids, photographer and my mum in to get ready without it feeling cramped.
A huge thank you to all at Prince Regent for making our day and stay everything I dreamed of and more. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Faye W
Dear Faye,

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments regarding Jonathan and the team at the hotel and more especially pleased to read that your wedding day was a tremendous success. I know Jonathan worked extremely hard to ensure every detail you discussed with him, he and the team excelled at and I will share you kind comments with all of the team at the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I am very slow in writing this, but wanted to make sure I took the time to do it. I had my wedding reception at the Prince Regent on 30th November. I also stayed at the hotel from 29th Nov - 2nd Dec.
The rooms were clean, spacious and I can’t complain. The people who clean the rooms do an amazing job. The morning of the wedding I left mine in a total state despite trying to tidy a bit (sorry!) and when I got back with my new husband you would never have believed that there had been such a mess. The bridal suite was huge, enough to fit myself, two hairdressers, make up artist, photographer and my mum in to get ready without it feeling cramped.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Faye,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a family party. Rooms are perfect and staff were helpful and friendly . Breakfast was good too.the hotel is set in beautiful grounds we were also lucky to visit when London had great weather to take advantage of the beautiful grounds.

Stayed March 2014
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all of my team at the hotel.

We do as a team discuss each and every review and try our very best at all times to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay with us.

Stuart Friell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chigwell
Premier Inn Loughton/Buckhurst Hill Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#6 of 15 in Ilford
Premier Inn London Chingford Hotel

Been to Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent? Share your experiences!