“Excellent All Round”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent All Round”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We started using The Prince Regent about 6 months ago for overnight stays for our employees and have had excellent feedback from our staff. With this in mind, we chose to use the hotel this month for a very large international meeting over a 3 day period and have received such good reports from our staff on the venue, staff and accommodation that it just needs to be recorded. I would fully recommend this hotel for any purpose, business or leisure and know you will be treated very well. We will certainly use them again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for your recent review. Your company is very dear to us and I am pleased that we looked after your recent visitors and it is especially pleasing to see the business placed within our hotel increasing. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel shortly.

Stuart Friell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Two local Masonic Lodges got together to hold a joint "Ladies Night" Dinner & Dance in the Regency Suite Ballroom of The Prince Regent Hotel in April 2014. I organised this event and many people have been calling or e-mailing to say what a fantastic night they had. Thanks must go to all at the Prince Regent, especially to our excellent co-ordinator, Nicola and particularly to our Banqueting Manager, Matthew, who saw us through every moment of the lead-up to the day and was there with us throughout the whole function. Nothing was too much trouble. The Regency Suite looked fabulous, the food, wine and service were superb and it was great value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Janine,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was delighted to read that all went well with the joint Ladies Night Lodge Dinner which you recently organised at the Prince Regent. I will certainly pass on your thanks to Matthew and Nicola who I know were both instrumental in organising the event and I know Matthew put a great deal of work in to ensuring the smooth running on the evening.

Recently we have totally refurbished our Regency suite to a high standard and I am pleased it looked fabulous on the evening.
Thank you again for you kind comments.

Essex
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the first time I have used this venue for a weekend seminar and it was excellent! The events organiser Nicola was very helpful and the seminar went without a hitch. The conference facilities were of a very high standard, the room clean, comfortable and the projector which was provided at no extra cost gave a high quality image. The refreshments were of a far higher standard than I have experienced elsewhere including the freshly baked biscuits at morninig break and the cream cakes at tea time! The buffet lunch was plentiful and delicious and included a meat, fish and vegetarian option. Any requests I made during the day were dealt with immediately. Some of the delegates stayed at the hotel and they were also very happy with the accomadation. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the weekend.
All in all this was the best venue I have used so far and I have already booked the next seminar!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was delighted to read that all went well with your seminar and I have since, receiving this review, passed on your thanks to Nicola for her help in organising the event. Nicola has informed me that following this success you have since booked future events and both the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Thank you again for you kind comments.

birmimgham
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Recently stayed here for two weeks the service was excellent the staff really looked after us, the rooms where fully cleaned everyday to a good standard, the resturant food was great. No complaints thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed March 2014
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I will certainly share your kind comments with all of the team at the Prince Regent

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I found the menu over priced. I finally ordered the scampi and chips instead of the French fries but I got the fries as they got the order wrong. A plate of pre- frozen uninteresting food. The only saving grace was the tartare sauce which seemed to be home made. At £8.95 I'd rather go to Burger King where I'd pay £3.99 for the same quality and get a drink thrown in. I won't bother to eat there again. This was the lounge menu with sandwiches around the £6 mark.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shebsy121
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am sorry you found our lounge menu to be expensive, we are currently in the process of rewriting our menus for the spring and summer period and I would like to reassure readers of this review that our pricing is consistent within our market and suitably priced for a four star hotel.

Stuart Friell

Travellers are raving about these Chigwell hotels

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I cannot praise enough the efforts of the staff for our wedding reception on the 15th March 2014. The day was truly amazing and the staff went to such lengths to make our guests welcome and provide a truly magnificent event. The food was wonderful and the accommodation was excellent. Our Wedding co-ordinator Matthew went to extraordinary lengths to make our day so special. The hospitality extended to our friends and family who stayed overnight was first class and we would highly recommend it to any couple looking for a reception venue. On a practical but equally important note the cost of the venue, meal and accommodation was extremely reasonable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Stephen W
Dear Stephen,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read your review and pleased that your wedding event was such a success. I will certainly share your kind comments with Matthew and all of the team at the hotel who worked extremely hard to ensure you and your wife had a wonderful day to remember.

Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I hosted our charity ball at the Prince Regent on Saturday 1st March. We were totally satisfied with the service we received from sales team member Nicola and event manager, Matthew - who was calm, accomodating and professional - thank you. The evening went extremely smoothly, the food was tasty and all 140 of us were served efficiently by polite staff. The kitchen staff for the evening are to be highly commended. In addition, the resident DJ, Ian Leigh was fantastic. He was flexible, great fun, and nothing was too much trouble - especially when it came to helping with technical issues. Ian was a good all round performer. We benefitted from the Menzies hotels' charity package and are very grateful for thier help and support. Our only criticism was that the breakfast service the next morning seemed to be overwhelmed with the numbers of guests arriving late on. However, this was a minor issue in the scheme of things,and didnt detract from the overall experience. Well done to all concerned. T & F

Room Tip: If you are booking overnight accommodation before the re-fit is completed, we would recommend the up...