“Depends Much on Which Room You are Given”

Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Previously stayed here many years ago.
I had forgot how long the walk is to the rooms. Not good for disabled, to rooms in the old church area.
We ended up staying in two different rooms, after been shown three. The exec room on the ground floor brought back memories from years ago with the tiles coming away from the wall in the bathroom. They are refurbishing the rooms, this really needs it.
Ended up with a so called exec room on another floor. Refurbished to a high standard but much too small to be deemed as exec.
Location, about 15 - 20 minutes walk to either Chigwell or Woodford station.
Would we stay there again, no, I don't think so.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was disappointed to read that the room first allocated to you was not to your liking and I am pleased we were able to reallocate you into one of our newly refurbished executive bedrooms. We are in the process of completing the second phase of our refurbishment which will address all of the finding you have mentioned within your review.

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in London to assist with a house-move, and were very grateful to have somewhere clean and dry to head for at the end of a long day. The car park was big, easy to park the hired van, and the grounds of the hotel were lovely. Check in was easy and efficient - no offer of wake-up call / papers or anything. Free Wi-Fi was available, not that we used it.
The hotel room was massive, with a king-size (6') bed, and sofa, desk etc. I wasn't sure if this is standard or if we had been upgraded. It didn't scream 'superior' - no bottled water, lots of dried paint on the bathroom floor, and tatty paintwork. The room was clean and comfortable, and after we had been there a little while we had a call from reception asking if everything was ok. I mentioned that we only had one sachet of hot chocolate and the receptionist offered another and agreed someone would bring it to us which they did about 15 minutes later - excellent service as we were so tired at that point! The room was hot and stuffy overnight and although the windows opened we were a bit close to the ground and didn't feel safe sleeping with them open - this did lead to a rather disturbed night.
Breakfast was fantastic, good choices for me as a veggie and all hot and fresh at 8.20. I did hear an interesting conversation between a customer who wanted something and a waitress explaining as it was 20 to 9 she didn't think chef would make it - that seemed a bit odd as breakfast is advertised to finish at 9.00.
Thanks for very comfortable respite from helping with a house-move!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Member,

Thank you for your review. I will certainly share your comments with my team and hope that when you next stay we are able to offer you one of our beautiful refurbished bedrooms.

Kin Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed in your hotel, while in Essex on business. I was there for almost three weeks in total, and I would like to give you some feedback.

In my role, I spend the majority of my time staying in various hotels around the country, and this is the first time I’ve felt compelled to leave feedback. From the moment I arrived in your hotel I found the staff incredibly polite, well mannered and extremely helpful, but more importantly happy and cheerful. Every member of staff I spoke to always smiled and enquired about my day. I was made to feel truly welcome, as if nothing was too much trouble.

Having to stay away from home as much as I do can sometimes be lonely, however I found staying in your hotel actually enjoyable. There are several members of staff I’d like to mention by name. Natalie on reception. She was always smiling and cheerful, always greeted me by name and enquired about my day or evening and made me feel genuinely welcome. Helen and Olly in the bar / restaurant. They both went far beyond what I would expect, or have ever experienced before to make me feel welcome and at home. So often I find myself of an evening sitting in a hotel bar on my own and not speaking to anyone, but both Helen and Olly went out of their way to speak to me and make me feel relaxed and welcome. Not just polite idle chat, but really charming and often amusing conversations making me feel really at home.

As I have already mentioned, all the staff I found to be brilliant, but Natalie, Helen and Olly I really feel went the extra mile to make my stay the best I can recall from all the hotels I’ve stayed in. They are a true asset to the hotel and demonstrated a fantastic understanding of customer service and moreover I find myself now actually missing their company!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan E
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your kind comments they, made for extremely nice reading on a hectic Monday. I was really delighted to hear that the team made you feel welcome and I will of course pass on your kind comments to Natalie, Olly and Helen.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel and we would have given it five stars accept for two things that we feel are worth mentioning. (1) The room we stayed in last night 23/04/2014 room 216 was stuffy. The room doesn't have Air-conditioning, I can only assume this is the same as other rooms. This in itself wasn't a problem, the problem was the outer window leads onto a low roof which is easily accessible as we witnessed with a member of staff walking past our window brushing up fag ends. We felt the inner window could have done with a lock, only allowing the inner window to be opened so far would have been more secure and allowed for ventilation. Without it, leaving the outer window open would allow easy access to an intruder!! (2) This was our main bug bare, the menu clearly states what is available 24 hrs a day for room service. We looked at this before leaving our room for the Royal Albert Hall at 6pm. On our return at midnight we called room service and requested four items from the 24 hr menu!! All four items where not available? If not, why are they on the menu. We where so hungry we had to settle for what they did have which was cheese sandwich and a beef sandwich which we requested on brown bread but arrived at 1am on white. I didn't complain at check out due to the fact that there were other guests checking out at the same time and I didn't wish to cause a scene over something which was in a way petty but did disappoint us. Overall our stay was fine. Staff where great and hotel was clean and facility's adequate. Menu needs looking at. Only Two items available from a 24hr menu of say 9-10 items was poor. Sorry.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly address the issues you experienced with our late night room service menu.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My son and I went for Sunday lunch at the hotel restaurant, the staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. we were well looked after by Jean and Helen. The food was delicious, with ample helpings and very well presented. The restaurant is very comfortable as is the lounge and bar area, there is also another room with sofas and a tv. After such an enjoyable experience we would not hesitate to recommend this venue to others and are looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you and your son enjoyed your visit to my hotel and I will certainly pass on your kind comments to Jean and Helen. We are just in the process of starting a dining club whereby our patrons will receive a discount card and should you wish to receive details with regards to our dining club I, would very much look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We started using The Prince Regent about 6 months ago for overnight stays for our employees and have had excellent feedback from our staff. With this in mind, we chose to use the hotel this month for a very large international meeting over a 3 day period and have received such good reports from our staff on the venue, staff and accommodation that it just needs to be recorded. I would fully recommend this hotel for any purpose, business or leisure and know you will be treated very well. We will certainly use them again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for your recent review. Your company is very dear to us and I am pleased that we looked after your recent visitors and it is especially pleasing to see the business placed within our hotel increasing. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel shortly.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Two local Masonic Lodges got together to hold a joint "Ladies Night" Dinner & Dance in the Regency Suite Ballroom of The Prince Regent Hotel in April 2014. I organised this event and many people have been calling or e-mailing to say what a fantastic night they had. Thanks must go to all at the Prince Regent, especially to our excellent co-ordinator, Nicola and particularly to our Banqueting Manager, Matthew, who saw us through every moment of the lead-up to the day and was there with us throughout the whole function. Nothing was too much trouble. The Regency Suite looked fabulous, the food, wine and service were superb and it was great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Janine,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was delighted to read that all went well with the joint Ladies Night Lodge Dinner which you recently organised at the Prince Regent. I will certainly pass on your thanks to Matthew and Nicola who I know were both instrumental in organising the event and I know Matthew put a great deal of work in to ensuring the smooth running on the evening.

Recently we have totally refurbished our Regency suite to a high standard and I am pleased it looked fabulous on the evening.
Thank you again for you kind comments.

Stuart Friell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chigwell
Travelodge London Chigwell
#3 of 4 in Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Brentwood

Been to Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent? Share your experiences!