“Can't find any faults”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
London, United Kingdom
“Can't find any faults”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I really liked this hotel. My room was clean, had a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, really good shower, complimentary water...everything I needed. The staff were very polite and professional. There were a couple of parties going on at the hotel but I could not hear anything from my room. I really can not think of any negatives about my stay at this hotel. Would recommend :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments and I will certainly share these with my team.

Stuart Friell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking via Internet. Was very pleasantly surprised. Staff very pleasant & helpful. Room interior was brill alto lighting could be improved. Breakfast could be taken in room. Which I chose. The whole process was excellent! Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014
Friell, Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the prince regent many times over the last 10 years and its always pleasant. Quiet, clean and friendly staff. I have noticed that since the hotel is no longer owned by Menzies there seems to be a drop in overall standards. It's still quiet and clean but you notice little things like no daily newspapers in the lounge area, the breakfast menu seemed a little short. Maybe due to how early it was? Since a refurbishment just prior to the Olympics there are now 2 very distinct levels of room. Either very good or very poor. In one you feel you get a good deal in the other not so. It's still a nice place and reasonable value for money which is ideally placed on the outskirts of London should you wish to spend a weekend enjoying the capital.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your review. I was disappointed to read that you feel that standards had dropped since the change of ownership. Within the lounge, bedrooms and restaurant we provide free glossy magazines as well as having news constantly streamed through our large plasma screen in our drawing room, newspapers are available also via our reception desk. We moved away from newspapers in our breakfast and bar area simply as we saw an increase in traffic through our free wifi with many of our guests choosing to use their smart phones and tablets and I must say since removing the daily newspapers this, is the first negative comment I have received.

I am pleased to say that we have only this week revised our breakfast offering and have extended the offering which was already considerable and indeed more than our competitors were offering and I a sure you will be pleased when next you stay.
I can also advise you that our investors have committed to refurbish the remaining bedrooms which due to the Olympic games could not be completed during our first phase of works.

I am sorry you feel that standards are not as high, I on the other hand can assure you that with our new investors the Prince Regent has exciting times ahead and I hope when you next stay you will see that we may have had a slight hiccup but all is back to normal and we will continue to run our hotel to the high standard that you are used to experiencing.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

couldnt belive my luck with this hotel, last week hell on earth in the incredibly noisy holiday inn express newbury park, this week tranquility and silence and birds tweeting !! this hotel is in a lovely upmarket area of london with easy commuter links, a good pub and a few restaurants all within easy walking distance if you fancy a stroll, its set back from the road so its quiet, rooms are in a mixutre of new and old buildings and are contemporary with good wifi reception, my room had a lovely comfy bed and soft pillows, lovely leaded windows of a period building with a secondary glazing panel if needed. the staff are wonderful, the prices are reasonable and no car parking charges. reception called me once i had settled in my room to see if everything was ok, .........great place i will be back

Room Tip: superior room if you can stretch to it
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I will certainly share your kind comments with all of my team at the hotel and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Ciudad Quesada, Spain
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Previously stayed here many years ago.
I had forgot how long the walk is to the rooms. Not good for disabled, to rooms in the old church area.
We ended up staying in two different rooms, after been shown three. The exec room on the ground floor brought back memories from years ago with the tiles coming away from the wall in the bathroom. They are refurbishing the rooms, this really needs it.
Ended up with a so called exec room on another floor. Refurbished to a high standard but much too small to be deemed as exec.
Location, about 15 - 20 minutes walk to either Chigwell or Woodford station.
Would we stay there again, no, I don't think so.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was disappointed to read that the room first allocated to you was not to your liking and I am pleased we were able to reallocate you into one of our newly refurbished executive bedrooms. We are in the process of completing the second phase of our refurbishment which will address all of the finding you have mentioned within your review.

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were in London to assist with a house-move, and were very grateful to have somewhere clean and dry to head for at the end of a long day. The car park was big, easy to park the hired van, and the grounds of the hotel were lovely. Check in was easy and efficient - no offer of wake-up call / papers or anything. Free Wi-Fi was available, not that we used it.
The hotel room was massive, with a king-size (6') bed, and sofa, desk etc. I wasn't sure if this is standard or if we had been upgraded. It didn't scream 'superior' - no bottled water, lots of dried paint on the bathroom floor, and tatty paintwork. The room was clean and comfortable, and after we had been there a little while we had a call from reception asking if everything was ok. I mentioned that we only had one sachet of hot chocolate and the receptionist offered another and agreed someone would bring it to us which they did about 15 minutes later - excellent service as we were so tired at that point! The room was hot and stuffy overnight and although the windows opened we were a bit close to the ground and didn't feel safe sleeping with them open - this did lead to a rather disturbed night.
Breakfast was fantastic, good choices for me as a veggie and all hot and fresh at 8.20. I did hear an interesting conversation between a customer who wanted something and a waitress explaining as it was 20 to 9 she didn't think chef would make it - that seemed a bit odd as breakfast is advertised to finish at 9.00.
Thanks for very comfortable respite from helping with a house-move!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Member,

Thank you for your review. I will certainly share your comments with my team and hope that when you next stay we are able to offer you one of our beautiful refurbished bedrooms.

Kin Regards,

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed in your hotel, while in Essex on business. I was there for almost three weeks in total, and I would like to give you some feedback.

In my role, I spend the majority of my time staying in various hotels around the country, and this is the first time I’ve felt compelled to leave feedback. From the moment I arrived in your hotel I found the staff incredibly polite, well mannered and extremely helpful, but more importantly happy and cheerful. Every member of staff I spoke to always smiled and enquired about my day. I was made to feel truly welcome, as if nothing was too much trouble.

Having to stay away from home as much as I do can sometimes be lonely, however I found staying in your hotel actually enjoyable. There are several members of staff I’d like to mention by name. Natalie on reception. She was always smiling and cheerful, always greeted me by name and enquired about my day or evening and made me feel genuinely welcome. Helen and Olly in the bar / restaurant. They both went far beyond what I would expect, or have ever experienced before to make me feel welcome and at home. So often I find myself of an evening sitting in a hotel bar on my own and not speaking to anyone, but both Helen and Olly went out of their way to speak to me and make me feel relaxed and welcome. Not just polite idle chat, but really charming and often amusing conversations making me feel really at home.

As I have already mentioned, all the staff I found to be brilliant, but Natalie, Helen and Olly I really feel went the extra mile to make my stay the best I can recall from all the hotels I’ve stayed in. They are a true asset to the hotel and demonstrated a fantastic understanding of customer service and moreover I find myself now actually missing their company!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dan E
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Dan,

Thank you very much for your kind comments they, made for extremely nice reading on a hectic Monday. I was really delighted to hear that the team made you feel welcome and I will of course pass on your kind comments to Natalie, Olly and Helen.

Thank you once again.

Stuart Friell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chigwell
Travelodge London Chigwell
St. Georgio Hotel
St. Georgio Hotel
#5 of 15 in Ilford
Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park

Been to Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent? Share your experiences!