“A lovely place for all occasions”

Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chigwell
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Menzies prince regent and have got to compliment it's hard working staff that go the extra mile to make you feel at home , the girls at reception "Kelly,ela,roxy,and Natalie were ever so thoughtful ,helpful ,polite and with no fuss rearranged availability when hotel was fully booked just to make sure my I was at my most comfortable , every day I returned of the evening was a joy as I was greeted with a big smile and a great welcome not to mention the amazing bar staff that always make you feel welcome and always have time for a chat or to give advise on best places to see and visit around town , the house keeping team were delightful and also went the extra mile when I was I need of storing a few of my personal items again without fuss quickly sorted something out within minutes and all the managers were also so nice and helpful any time I had a query or any issue , the food from the restaurant was also delicious and I recommend anyone for a love for food to get down there to see for there self , I suggest you try the pan seared cutlets of lamb with celery mash with mint jus , I couldn't get enough and ate in almost every night! And all the food was cooked to perfection , the team even brang me out breakfast one day when I was to early for the service and without a bat of the eyelid arranged for someone to serve my needs before the day for them had even started ! as for cleanliness and presentation I thought the hotel was always immaculate and beautiful just to take a walk around an admire the architecture or pristine grounds that surrounded the hotel , location was perfect as only a short walk to station or local amenities it even has a pub within a stones throw if you fancy a change of scenery which I never did but it was good to know , I recommended the hotel to a friend for a wedding as it is the perfect setting and he has already thanked me for the suggestion and said these exact words the place is ideal ,exactly what I was looking for and every one is so lovely and helpful , he booked one of the large function suits and can't wait for the day now so I guess I'll be going back too ,and I'll be looking forward to returning"

• Stayed: June 2014
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Member,

Thank you very much for your kind comments I will certainly share them with all of the team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I held a charity Ball at the Prince Regent last weekend for 320 people. This should have been very stressful, but the wonderful staff and managers at the hotel made it so stress free for me. Nothing was a problem and they ran the night with true professionalism. The waiters and waitresses were efficient and helpful and the food was excellent.
Thank you everyone at the Prince Regent.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Katie,

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your very successful charity ball. Firstly may I say how pleased I was to be the duty manager for the event and proud to be part of an extremely successful evening and in saying that I will also ensure I extend my thanks to my team who worked extremely hard to be part of your success.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night room stuffy and had to open all the windows as no aircon .I feel all so called four star hotels should have this as standard especially when charging what they do. Room was ok and clean but carpet was very marked and had stains caused by god knows what. Breakfast was satisfactory and staff very friendly . I would recommend this hotel for the staff alone as they are obviously happy in their work .

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank royboy49
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay albeit that the room you stayed in does not have air conditioning. I will certainly pass your comments of to my housekeeping staff and I was especially pleased to read that you would recommend my hotel and my team.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I thought this was meant to be a good hotel. Had to pay when booking in. Very disappointed by the night staff as I watched another guess complain in front of me that they did nothing about then when he went they took the micky out of him with me there.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Michael R
Friell, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Member,

It is our policy to take payment on arrival as it is with most leading hotel companies and booking agencies and I am sorry if this offended you. This particular website highlights the excellent professionalism of my staff and whilst I cannot comment on this particular incident I will speak to my night staff and thank you for bringing this to my attention

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

On booking in I was requested to pay for my stay. I handed over my credit card and an amount was debited. The following day was my son's wedding day so we had a very early start. Several items belonging to my nieces were left out whilst we were away from the room. Housekeeping had obviously been in and cleaned up. On our return whilst packing we had noticed some missing items. On checking out I mentioned the items which were missing to the reception and they were going to speak with housekeeping. We were told housekeeping had found nothing.
On checking my credit card statement two I days later I notice that two debits of the same amount had been taken from my account. I contacted the hotel and they said that the wrong amount had been debited from my account originally. My concern is that I authorised the the first amount on checking in but no one from the hotel thought that they would need authority to debit the second amount. Not even a call to discuss their error. Im still waiting to speak to a manager for their explanation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank janet p

Dear Janet,

Thank you for your recent review. Firstly may I apologise for having not replied to your sooner having, recently returned from holiday. I know that Kelly has spoken to you along with my Duty Manager on occasion. Naturally with every review posted on this site both my team and I meet to review the comments and take the necessary actions to ensure there is no repetition of any niggles that have caused guest comments and further to our meeting I would like to comment as follows.

It is an industry standard to take payment on arrival and having spoken to my team they informed me that you stayed on a function rate for two nights but due to an error on our behalf we took payment for one night, Natalie contacted your room but was unable to contact you and having your details charged for the second night. I do however concede that we could have contacted you via your mobile and perhaps should have notified you by placing a letter under your door, a standard we will now adopt however, you were charged correctly for your stay and given a full receipt on departure which detailed the transactions.

We have an experienced housekeeping team who would not have removed any items from your room, the hotel has room safe’s as well as safety deposit boxes for the storing of valuables however, Kelly does advise me that she has some items of lost property which we believe on verification by you may, be yours and I would appreciate you calling Kelly directly.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Hotel was recommended and booked for us by Caton Fry & Co, South Woodford.
My wife spent 3 weeks in October 2013, and when she returned, told me how wonderful the hotel, and all their staff were. I must say, that I was really impressed (May/June 2014) with the place and it's location, not to forget all the staff who treated us like royalty. The rooms were large, airy and well maintained on a daily basis. The grounds were lovely and well maintained on a regular basis. My wife and I would certainly recommend this hotel to all our friends, and we would undoubtedly return on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level with a view to the garden. Great for sitting by the window with a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Errol M

Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to read that your wife had an enjoyable stay at my hotel and I will certainly share your kind comments with my team

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed for one night in this hotel. I did not use all of the facilities so I can't comment on the standard of the food as my company were to penny pinching to book me in for food! My room was a filled wth a solid yellow wallpaper with a few grazes from damage over the years. The furnature in the room was the pvc stuff you got from MFI back in the day. Set with a green carpet and big flowery curtims this room needs modernisation. The bathroom was as old. The sink taps hardly worked and the fittings showed their age. Their were some plug sockets in the room that didn't work although the tele was a modern LCD samsung. If you stay on the fhird floor like me make sure your case has wheels as its about a half mile walr to reception. Considering my company paid just under £100 for room only I think you would be better off in a local premier inn or such like where at least the rooms are modern.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Simon T

Dear Member,

Thank you for your recent review. I as disappointed to read your comments and since your review I have discussed your findings with my team and would like to offer my apologies. We are shortly to commence the refurbishment of our last remaining rooms which will bring them up to the standard of our newly excellent refurbished bedrooms.

Stuart Friell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chigwell
Travelodge London Chigwell
#3 of 4 in Brentwood
Marygreen Manor Hotel
Marygreen Manor Hotel
#1 of 4 in Brentwood

Been to Hallmark Hotel London Chigwell Prince Regent? Share your experiences!