“Fabulous”

and 1 more site!
Inverkip Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Inverkip B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We chose this pub/hotel as we wanted to visit Glasgow but not actually stay there. The location near the Clyde coast was lovely and not too far to drive to Loch Lomond and see the mountains as well. The service and welcome was great, choice and quality of food excellent and very good value for money. Our room was very large, comfortable and spotless. All in all a lovely break!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We booked into the hotel on the way back from the highlands and were made extremely welcome. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble for the staff.
The dinner was delicious and we were given plenty of time to select from the interesting menu.
The breakfast was also excellent and cooked to order.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

As a family we've been eating at the Inverkip Hotel over the past 30-35 years and never had any occasion to complain about the food or the service.

The Hotel offers great bar-meals as well as an a la carte restaurant which offers an extensive menu of modern classics. On our most recent visit we had chicken with haggis in a creamy leek sauce on a bed of tagliatelle which was sublime, venison in a red-win jus which was bursting with flavour and dover sole that just melted in the mouth. And the desert menu will leave you wanting more, more, more.

With so many great places to eat on the Clyde Coast, it's heart-warming to know that you can still rely on a old favourite to deliver on every level.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I decided to call in the Inverkip to try their food, as I was out that way exploring the area.

After looking over the menu I decided on chicken breast and haggis on a bed of tagliatelle in leek and cream sauce. The waiter brought the meal to my table and I began to eat. As is customary, after a few minutes I was asked if I was enjoying my food. I said yes, and got the reply Enjoy! What was that, a command? Anyway, I continue with my meal and trying to read a book, when I was interrupted a second time, by another member of staff asking the same question. I then when back to eating and a third member of staff came up and only asked the same question again. Unfortunately, by this time I had run out of patience. I don't think she'll be asking anyone else for a while.

Why is it that staff always ask you if you re enjoying the food when you've just taken a mouthful? Do they lie in wait around a corner and think "nearly, nearly, there it goes, in his mouth, time to strike!" Bad enough at the best of times, but really infuriating on this occasion.

Score marked down for this. Would have been four dots otherwise.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MalvolioCheshire
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We stayed at the Inverkip Hotel for 2 nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful - even asking the regulars to recommend a good malt whisky! We had both lunch and dinner at the hotel over the 2 days and the food was fantastic - I thoroughly recommend the venison and black pudding and the cobb salad! The room was quiet, although we would have preferred it to be just a little bit bigger. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We spent 4 nights staying in the Inverkip Hotel at the beginning of May. We were made to feel very welcome by all. Our rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable and suited our requirements perfectly. Breakfasts were extremely tasty and hearty. We had several meals in the restaurant, great food and generous portions. An ideal place to entertain our visiting guests.

Many thanks for your kind hospitality.

Room Tip: If travelling as a couple request Room 2
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We often visit this hotel and always find it charming. This Sunday was no exception, wonderful service and a lovely atmosphere. We arrived, without reservations at around 4ish, we were greeted at the door and given a lovely table by the window. Gradually the lounge area became busier, and unfortunately became like a bit of a crèche. My wife ordered the pate, a bit disappointing due to lack of oatcakes, and I had the black pudding and haggis - delicious, the curry was a little bland and split otherwise everything was perfect. It was rather busy but the food service was prompt and service attentive. We were confused as there was a sunday roast menu, a chefs special pasta, and a main menu. Perhaps too much choice. Otherwise a pleasant afternoon. Will return

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Been to Inverkip Hotel? Share your experiences!