“Inverkip Hotel”

Dining options: Reservations
Port Glasgow
“Inverkip Hotel”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I used to live in this village and the restaurant was always a favourite of mines but over the last few years it has been improving by leaps and bounds. On Friday and Saturday they open the annexe which is really bright and airy and the décor is very Scottish with Tartan everywhere, I love the carpets because they are in the MacLean of Duart tartan, yes my name is MacLean. The service is impeccable and staff are so friendly and welcoming, the food is excellent and the wine list is superb. A great place for special occasions or indeed anytime but book ahead at week-ends.

Visited September 2012

Gourock
“Good meal”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had booked for a Saturday evening and our table was ready when we arrived. I ordered a starter which included a poached egg only for the waitress to return a few moments later to inform me that they had no poached eggs! If they had no eggs I wonder what the residents would get for breakfast on Sunday morning. I ordered an alternative which was very good. My main course was the special for the day which was venison while my wife had sirloin steak. Although the venison was very good it was somewhat spoiled for me by the fruity sauce which was far too sweet and sickly for my taste but my wife's steak was very good. After our meal we retired to the small bar where there is a wide selection of beers and whiskies and is very comfortable and cosy. Overall the service, quality and quantity of food is very good (apart from my comment about the overpowering sauce) and it provides good value for money.

• Visited September 2012
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Good bar food”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We were in a hurry and just wanted a snack. We ordered two cheese burgers with chips and salad in the cosy bar. Staff were friendly and the food arrived promptly. The salad was of a much higher quality that normal with such food. During my next visit to Inverkip I'll try the restaurant for a more leisurely meal.

• Visited August 2012
“Huge portions”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Food was excellent. Staff very attentive. Great selection and plenty of food on the plate. Only gets 4* overall because I could only see one choice for vegetarian. While this did not affect our meal, it might be something you want to be aware of if your party has a veggie eater.

Greenock
“Nice place to eat”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We regularly attend the Inverkip Hotel for a meal, the young staff are very attentive and always very pleasant.

The meal we had the last time we were there was the best I had tasted in a long time.

We also go to Inverkip Hotel for our Christmas Lunch which is a lovely way to spend Christmas Day, the staff are excellent at making the children and adults feel welcome.

Would recommend the hotel for a bite to eat.

• Visited July 2012