“My Own Stupid Fault..”

Innerkip Room Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Inverkip
Price range: US$9 - US$38
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Inverkip
“My Own Stupid Fault..”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is simple.. I swore I would never go back after my last visit 18months ago, however late home, nothing in for dinner, handyness and tiredness all combined to make me give this place another chance.. Wrong! 45 minute wait for burnt escalope of pork and tomato sauce direct from a tube, with the usual dreadful portion of chips and rock hard veg.! I'm angrier at myself than I am with the restaurant... I don't understand why it's busy, I really don't. If ever you want something quick, tasty and value for money... don't go here, there are many other places that deserve your custom... Try Priya's Palace in Greenock, The River Inn Houston or even any Brewers Fayre would provide better food and service. Back home, hungry, angry and it's my own stupid fault..

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank MrGrumpyInverkip

Groningen, The Netherlands
“Good food, acceptable accomodation, but very busy”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Having enjoyed a quick bar snack in this hotel a couple of months ago, we decided to go back for a another visit. We stayed for a Saturday night and ate in the Inverkip Room. The lounge and bar area was absolutely full, so there nowhere to sit down for a pre-dinner drink. You can hardly blame the hotel for being popular though.

Dinner in the restaurant was of a very high standard. I started with smoked salmon and potato scone and followed with the hake and prawn curry. Both dishes were very well prepared. Although the restaurant was full the service was friendly and efficient.

Our standard double bedroom was fairly small, but quite acceptable. Breakfast in the morning was served in a small dining room on the first floor and continued the high standards of cooking set the night before.

• Visited October 2012
Port Glasgow
“Inverkip Hotel”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I used to live in this village and the restaurant was always a favourite of mines but over the last few years it has been improving by leaps and bounds. On Friday and Saturday they open the annexe which is really bright and airy and the décor is very Scottish with Tartan everywhere, I love the carpets because they are in the MacLean of Duart tartan, yes my name is MacLean. The service is impeccable and staff are so friendly and welcoming, the food is excellent and the wine list is superb. A great place for special occasions or indeed anytime but book ahead at week-ends.

Visited September 2012
Gourock
“Good meal”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had booked for a Saturday evening and our table was ready when we arrived. I ordered a starter which included a poached egg only for the waitress to return a few moments later to inform me that they had no poached eggs! If they had no eggs I wonder what the residents would get for breakfast on Sunday morning. I ordered an alternative which was very good. My main course was the special for the day which was venison while my wife had sirloin steak. Although the venison was very good it was somewhat spoiled for me by the fruity sauce which was far too sweet and sickly for my taste but my wife's steak was very good. After our meal we retired to the small bar where there is a wide selection of beers and whiskies and is very comfortable and cosy. Overall the service, quality and quantity of food is very good (apart from my comment about the overpowering sauce) and it provides good value for money.

• Visited September 2012
Groningen, The Netherlands
“Good bar food”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We were in a hurry and just wanted a snack. We ordered two cheese burgers with chips and salad in the cosy bar. Staff were friendly and the food arrived promptly. The salad was of a much higher quality that normal with such food. During my next visit to Inverkip I'll try the restaurant for a more leisurely meal.

• Visited August 2012