“The best Eton Mess I've ever had!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Chartroom
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Inverkip
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the Idyllic surroundings of Kip Marina, the Chartroom bar and restaurant boasts a menu full of locally sourced seafood and traditional Scottish fayre, plus the Famous (original and best) Chicken Sizzle!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Eton Mess I've ever had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Holidaying in the area with my partner, we'd driven past the Marina and locals had also recommended it. The staff were very welcoming and we had a drink at the bar while checking out the menu and the great setting. Liking the choices on the menu, we stayed for lunch and wasn't disappointed by our main courses. However it was the dessert that exceeded our expectations. We shared the Eton Mess and both agreed it was the best we'd eaten and believe me we've tried a lot !! Would definitely recommend eating at the Chartroom and we'll be back!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Impressed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Called in with friends for lunch,the service was prompt and attentive,good choice of food with a Scottish slant,there were no complaints from our party,the Scottish tapas was first class,the Cod was fresh and well cooked all in all a good lunch,will be back.

Visited May 2014
“Annoying”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Was down on a Saturday night for a meal with my girlfriend. As we arrived we where given a nice seat at the window with a great view and I could not fault the staff. The food itself was excellent as well. However other people in the restaurant where an absolute nightmare! You would have thought they were in a pub and not a restaurant. One group sat all night shouting very loudly, another group sat doing pretty much the same and making what could only be described as seagull noises, weirdos. There was a wedding on next door, and one of the guests decided to open the patio doors of the restaurant and start shouting in and slevering everywhere, it was disgusting and put me off my dinner. All of this went on with nobody being told to keep the high balls low. Unfortunate as I will now not be going back even though the food was excellent.

1 Thank Dean M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One to Avoid Unless Starvation Beckons ...........”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Friends who live in the Inverclyde area wanted to eat here - I'd been here several years back and was far from impressed .I believe that things have actually gone downhill since , if that's possible.
The menu is impressive both in content and description , but sadly the kitchen's interpretation of the menu leaves a great deal to be desired . I had the smoked haddock and leek pie starter - the usual trick I'm afraid - very little fish . I took the ginger -beer battered cod main .Well, the cod portion was very small indeed , the batter soggy , the accompanying hand cut chips even soggier and the mushy peas had a bizarre spicy tang to them .My side order of vegetables were clearly of the frozen variety and not fresh - they were tasteless ! One of our party took the breaded haddock main which looked so dry that it would have done as a temporary shoe tread ! The fillet of fish looked like the type that one might buy in a discount freezer shop , say two fillets for 99p - shocking value for money at £10.95.
I can only hazard as to why this restaurant was more than half full - it surely must be for the pleasant views, coz it simply cannot be for the quality of the food !
The dining room itself is somewhat devoid of atmosphere and has the appearance of a Resident's Lounge in Nursing Home - I was half expecting someone to come out and start distributing Bingo cards or else to strike up on a piano and start singing , " Roll Out The Barrel " !
Don't waste your money - there are so many vastly superior places out there for you to enjoy .

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Jeb S
Inverkip, United Kingdom
“Harbour setting with nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Chartroom is a hit about 8 times out of 10, but they have an occasional blip now and again.
Generally very nice food, pleasant service and a really nice setting when the sun is out!
Try the Chicken sizzle, you generally can't go wrong when you order their signature dish.

Visited April 2014