“Provided what I needed - A place to sleep”

Quality Inn Halifax Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Goffs
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was only looking for a place to sleep when I reached Halifax and settled on this hotel near the airport. The room was mostly clean except for some used kleenex I spotted on the floor and couldn't figure out how housekeeping staff would miss something so noticeable. There were also some food crumbs on the bed cover. Everything else looked clean but I was a little iffy on whether that was the case after seeing those two things. The Wifi worked in my room most of the time but there was some sort of outage the next morning that saw it down for about an hour however it did not work anywhere else in the hotel the entire time I was there. I had some trouble closing the curtains and tried everything to get them closed but they only went so far and left a huge gap to the outside. The room was also cold and when I tried to turn down the air conditioner and turn up the heat it only got colder so I left it how it was when I arrived. I also noticed that one of the automatic doors was not working which made it hard to bring my luggage in through the doors (I was traveling alone) and even though there were staff around the lobby at that time, no one made a move to try and help me though. I had to leave a few bags on the sidewalk while I brought them in one at a time which left me open to potential theft. Staff was pretty friendly and breakfast was decent but I think 140 dollars a night was a little steep for what I got.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed only the one night, but everything went very well. Was greeted late at night by a very pleasant, enthusiastic, helpfull desk clerk.

The room was clean and well appointed, but showing it's age.

The adequate breakfast was served in a clean spacious area by a miserable lady who should be taught to be pleasant to the hotel guests.

The room rate was about par for the area.

I would stay here again, but hope they cheer the "breakfast lady" up first!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have stayed at this spot numerous times prior to flying out on holiday. They offer clean comfortable rooms, free parking while you are away and the BEST shuttle service available to and from the airport. We have tried the Hilton, but their shuttle service really sucks when you are returning from your holiday - the Quality Inn delivers incomparable service every time. They also have a decent restaurant - the hands down winner at Halifax airport!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NovaScotiaSunlover
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I arrived at 1130 pm to have a rude front desk clerk repeat several times loudly that I had booked with Hotwire and she needed to hold $100 on my credit card for incidentals when I questioned her to the amount since the restraunt was closed the bar in 30 mins they did not offer room service and had a complimentary breakfast what incidentals was she referring to her comment was that is just how it is you will get it back in 5 buisness days The hotel is outdated and rooms smell dirty other than a vending machine no food is avaible not what you would expect from a hotel serving the airport A 5 star resort does not hold $100 a night for incidentals and they have services avaible 24 hrs also do not care who you book with they are just happy to have rooms filled

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We received friendly service when we arrived. The check in was extremely easy. The free parking for up to two weeks while away is a real bonus. The free shuttle driver was really friendly and was not afraid to answer our many questions, The room was very spacious and clean for the rate that we paid. The excellent breakfast which was included in the room rate is very good.. When we came back from our getaway a quick phone call brought the shuttle quickly to pick us up. Again the shuttle driver was very accommodating. .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Looking for someplace close to the airport and this was perfect. Shuttle service was great and the drivers were great. Checked into the hotel and that was smooth and front desk staff was awesome. Returned rental car and called the hotel for a ride and the driver was already there waiting at the airport for me as he heard me say what I was doing. Got back to room finished up some office work and went to the on site restaurant and it was great. "The Wooden Door Bistro" recommend this place even if you are not staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Hubby stayed here lst night due to early morning trip to airport. No fridge in the room. Are you kidding me? Due to a flight change he ended up back at the hotel within an hour of leaving. He asked for the same room back. Since we did not book in advance for the second night, they charged an extra $20.00 for the SAME ROOM and they hadn't even cleaned it yet!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gwyneth W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goffs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Halifax Airport
Inn on the Lake
Inn on the Lake
#1 of 1 in Fall River
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth

Been to Quality Inn Halifax Airport? Share your experiences!