“Wonderful Tour”
Review of Tour the Cotswolds

Tour the Cotswolds
Ranked #3 of 3 things to do in Snowshill
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to "Tour the Cotswolds". Take the stress out of driving and be driven in luxury and comfort around the Cotswolds or any part of Great Britain with a friendly and personal tour guide. Your tour will be tailored to suit your specific needs.You will be met from your flight, train, or port and be transferred safely and on time.You will be guided to places that you have heard of and many you have not.
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I toured Broadway and the surrounding area with Tim last year. He's totally knowledgeable about the area having lived there since childhood. My family left Broadway 1n 1889 and Tim went way above and beyond to help me find places that were a part of my roots. He's a delightful conversationalist and wonderful person. By all means select Tim if you want to have a wonderful time.

6  Thank lhannah5
T1MBO1, Owner at Tour the Cotswolds, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you Larry, I enjoyed touring with you both. I look forward to seeing you again for your tour with your Sister in June this Year...
I hope the weather is kind .....see you both as planned.

Best regards Tim Harrison

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife and I had only 1 day to spend touring the Cotswolds and are very happy we chose Tim to take us around. Tim was waiting for us in Moreton-in-Marsh on the train from London. I was very impressed with his knowledge of and long personal history in the area. He can trace his lineage back to 1100 A.D.! When I saw that we were stopping at the Hart Silversmith Shop I thought it would be a typical touristy place where they just try to make a sale. In fact, it was a very cool, old style workshop and was not about selling to us at all. We had to tell them that we actually wanted to buy something.
The rest of the day we enjoyed seeing the beautiful buildings and countryside of England. Lunch was at a pub built in the 1500's and tasted great. Tim is very easy to be with and I highly recommend him and hope to go back sometime.
The only suggestion I would have is, if you only have 1 day, don't try to see everything and slow the pace with a little shopping. Perhaps take about 1 hour of the day in one of the towns instead of going town to town. But, even better would be to spend more than 1 day with Tim.

3  Thank petfoodguy
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We had a truly memorable full day tour of the Cotswolds with Tim. I had read the reviews and selected Tim a year ago - and am i glad I did! First, he gets booked early, and even more important, he is worth it!
Unbelievably knowledgeable with many stories of the history and the people of the area - and such a great personality and supremely professional at all he does. The day went by too quickly - clearly not nearly enough time - but he constructed an excellent itinerary that gave us a feel for this wonderful area.
We highly highly recommend Tim.

4  Thank rwb1966
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My wife and I spent a thoroughly delightful 3 days with Tim, Alistair and their wives Jacki and Pinky at the end of May, 2013. Alistair picked us up at Heathrow and managed to drive to Oxford in the rain and keep us awake by answering our humdreds of questions about all the movies amd TV shows filmed there. We then toured Bleinham Castle, Churchill's family home.
The highlight was meeting his wife, Pinky, an artist as is my wife, and touring her studio and having tea in their garden.
We stayed at Sheepscombe B&B(see review) where we met Tim. He is a brilliant British gentleman, extremely knowledgeable of the Cotswold where he was born and raised as a sheep farmer. Tim is a true fountain of information about the Cotswold and about the UK. He presents the information in a friendly context, not as dry historical fact.

Visits to the Harts silversmith, to the fox hound puppies, and to his church are wonderful memories that enhance our visit to the small villages of Cotswold. And, we did visit all the well known towns and then some off the beaten tourist trail that Tim can get to in his Lexus SUV. Tim does not use a cookie cutter approach but customizes your tour to fit what you want to see.
Hopefully, we will return to see more of the Cotswolds through tim's eyes.

5  Thank CSBjim
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We just finished a tour of the Cotswolds and used th and chiefe services of Tour the Cotswolds. How smart and wise we were to do so. Though company's founder, Tim Harrison, was not available on our date as a guide (he is highly-recommended on TripAdvisor), this did not turn out to be a disadvantage. At his suggestion, we engaged the services of his brother-in-law Alistair Jack. After a full day on the road with him, I can't imagine how Tim could have been better.

Alistair and Tour the Cotswolds provided everything previous reviews have said: professionalism, extraordinary knowledge of the area, a comfortable car, flexibility that allowed them (with smiles) to alter the itinerary whenever we had a whim, grace and sensitivity to their customers. Of course, they don't come cheap - but they are worth every pence and shilling.

Our only regret is that we traveled with Alistair for only one day. Next time we'll book 2 or 3 days.

7  Thank ChuckNYC