“Great getaway”
Review of Inn at Big White

Inn at Big White
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Big White
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here a few times in the last few years. This is one of the older places you can stay at the Big White. This is seen on most of its bedding and furniture. Regardless, the location and the fact that it has an outdoor heated small swimming pool made up for the lack of modern "facilities". Rooms are clean, staff is friendly and the skiing on the mountain is great -- super snow and no lineups. We enjoyed our stay even if this hotel is not the most up to date place we visited.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank C L
BWCR, Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear CL,

Thank your for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Inn at Big White. We are pleased that you enjoyed our service and the outdoor swimming pool. We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We came here expecting a great experience, well not really as when we arrived we were welcomed by helpful staff and when we entered our room and we found out it was a small room for $220 and came with uncomfortable pillows and beds. What I also noticed was how bad the tv was as it was super small and looked like one from the 80's and so did the room. Once we got over the concept that this was a bad hotel I tried to do some work on my laptop to find out theres no wifi in the room not even cable, as its only available in the lobby. I ended the trip unhappy with the hotel and its quality. I suggest you do not stay at this hotel but I do suggest you stop by here for a great breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
BWCR, Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2015

Dear Carter F,

Thank you for sharing your review with the travel community, we really appreciate your feedback. The hotel now has Optik TV and internet in every room with a new Samsung 40 inch HDTV. Our rooms now offer over 77 channels in high definition, Galaxie commercial-free music, movies on demand and pay-per-view programs. Additionally, in-room internet access is high speed (15Mbps), wireless, private and secure.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We were nervous to get here as we read some bad reviews but all for not as our room was very clean and well equiped, the staff were more than helpful and our meals in the hotel were very good. We would happily go back. Another plus is the heated underground parking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 1260JJ
BWCR, Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear 1260JJ,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Inn at Big White. We are pleased to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

don't bring Your laptop because they don't have internet. well they say they do but only in lobby.
but that's not it.
when we checked in and were about to go to bed found out heater (which is a fireplace) doesn't work. they were trying to fix it but it didn't work. then they brought in electric heaters/blowers but they were so noisy we couldn't sleep. after we complained stuff moved us to a different room. next day after when we returned to out NEW room late at night and wanted to take a shower we found out we DON'T HAVE HOT WATER!
of course stuff apologised but what's the use of that apology?
when we checked out girl at front desk said manager was going to contact us regarding ruing weekend but few days later we still never heard from them!
the year before we stayed in Crystal Inn just across and i guess we'll be staying there next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
BWCR, Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Alexinvancouver,

Thank you for providing your feedback and comments about your recent stay with us at the Inn at Big White. I am concerned about some of the issues you encountered during your stay and I' would really like the opportunity to discuss this further with you at your earliest convenience. To this end, I have provided my direct contact information in a message to your profile inbox.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband works up north so when I travel with my 10 and 5 yr old boys its like I'm a single mom. From the moment we walked through the door we were being taken care of. The bellman not only carried ALL the massive amount if luggage required to go skiing for 2 days with 2 kids but also distracted the kids for me enough to get organized. The pool at -20 is a memory the boys will never forget! From the cleaners who saved our compost so we could take it back to town,(We live on a farm) to the front desk staff and especially Ben for all his help with luggage and kids. They make it so easy. So u can concentrate in the real reason u are there, for the memories!!! Great value too!

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Nickie6
BWCR, Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hi Nickie6,

Thank you for providing such thoughtful and thorough feedback regarding your recent stay at Big White Ski Resort. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at Big White for 3 nights over the Christmas holidays with our baby girl and extended family. The hotel was extremely clean, and family friendly.

The location is unbeatable, right in the middle of the village and all the entertainment the mountain has to offer. We were able to ski in and out of the hotel, right onto the slops, which was so convenient. Very nice hot tub where we watched fireworks and the baby and grandparents were able to watch them out of the comfort of our slope-side suite. Very warm outdoor pool and we loved the games room where we played ping pong and air hockey nightly.

Also the convenience of having a kitchenette right in our room was a great way to cut expenses. Everything we needed was in the kitchen including a super fast induction cooker. We started the day with toaster waffles, bacon and eggs, and then were able to come back after a morning of fun and enjoy hot soup and a bevy. The little store on the mountain is a bit pricey but still cheaper than eating out. Next time we will pick up a few groceries in Kelowna to bring up with us and use the kitchenette even more.

There were lots of snowshoe and walking trails that we used a few times as well. It was great to be able to be able to bring the baby along and include her in the activities. We bundled her up and pulled her behind in a little sled :) and after we would gather around the huge village fire pit at the bottom of the tubing hill for a little hot chocolate.

I was a truly magical winter vacation and we will definitely be going back to this hotel next year!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jen W
BWCR, Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Jen W,

Thank you for providing such thoughtful and thorough feedback regarding your stay at the Inn at Big White. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Never before did I go on a ski trip, but for my first one, I was extremely impressed. First of, it was Christmas day, so I was expecting nothing. All we wanted was a bed and close to the ski slope.
When you begin with low expectation, chances, you won't be disappointed. I cannot stress enough though, that everyone we dealt with was more than happy to go out of their way to make your our stay a great one.

The Room: This isn't 5 star, but sure is nice enough. Very clean and I was even shocked that the maid did our dishes after we came back form the morning ski. I was a bit embarrassed that we left the dishes there, but at the same time, impressed. My girlfriend told me I should go out more since they do that in all these places with a kitchen.
The noise level in the room was higher than some would prefer. I could tell you that they had small kids above us and other thing we can't talk about here ;-). For us, we spent little time in our room, and we were not going to let that ruin our stay, but I think one should know.
The Hot Tub: Not the greatest, but again, it's an economy hotel and we spent a full evening there just relaxing and chatting with other travelers.

I am going to assume you will go skiing here, because if you don't, maybe you should choose another hotel. But we could walk to the slope in less than 5 minutes, and totally ski in. We really liked that. Anytime you need help, whether on the mountain or in the hotel, there's always someone to guide you.
Even more, my girlfriend injured herself, and from getting her back to treating her it was flawless. Remember, it was Christmas day.

All in all, we would go back there any day, because of the skiing and good price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank leyol
BWCR, General Manager at Inn at Big White, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Hello leyol,

I wanted to thank you for your great review that you posted for the Inn at Big White last month. We are very glad to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again.

#1 of 2 in Big White
Stonebridge Lodge
Stonebridge Lodge
#1 of 15 in Big White

Been to Inn at Big White? Share your experiences!