All reviewsski locker roomcan't beat the locationbullet liftgreat locationgas fireplacehotel is locatedhot tubmini fridgeeasy streetfirst floorwould stay here againgondolakitchenettewheelskislocksvillage
Reviewed 21 January 2012

This is our family's 2nd year at BW. Last year we stayed at the Whitefoot lodge, the room was way to small. This year we opted for a much larger room at the WhiteCrystal. As advertised it was ski in and ski out, and very central (within feet of the gondola). The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars is that the place was noisy and in fairness the listing for that room did say as much...but the road noise was one thing, but when guest are blaring radios... that is controllable. My other critique was they seemed to be stingy with the towels but they would be right there with a phone call. These two short comings were easily offset by the clean accommodations and great staff.

This time we choose to eat at several restaurants. The Bullwheel= awesome, great staff and good prices. Happy Valley lodge=good food, quick service, kinda of chaotic but a great family Apres scene. The Kettle Valley Steak house= $$$$ but great food and service, menu was limited but great wine selection.

As for the skiing, BW finally started to get snow the weekend we were there, either way it was still much better conditions than the states. If you are able to go and participate in Cruz the Bluz I highly recommend it as it is a great way to get you to explore the mountain.

Look forward to next year!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We were in room 318

It was very comfortable with a huge bathroom
We like to take our time and enjoy our breakfast in the room with a beautiful mountain view so we bought our groceries at the market located at Whitefoot Lodge and at the Bakery.
It had a nice fireworks view.
Its Ski-in, and ski-walk-out (to the right a short distance to the Bullet express chair or 100 yards to a tunnel that goes to hummingbird run to Snow Ghost and Ridge Rocket chairs base)
Lots of varied runs for every skier level
Enjoyed very much Happy Valley Lodge, we went there every day after skiing and some days to have lunch. Theres a skating rink, snow coaster and snowmobile rentals
The snow hosts that volunteer to show you the mountain are a great idea, and they enjoy doing it.
Big White have an excellent Kids Centre
We had the famous whiteout just one afternoon, so we enjoyed 4 days of great skiing with excellent snow.
This is not a place to show off, but a relaxed place to enjoy a good ski mountain, with friendly people, 2 or 3 nice ambient bars, and 4 or 5 nice restaurants.

We are planning to go again next year with our 16 y.o. son

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UnPapuno
Reviewed 22 April 2010

The most incredible location on the mountain. Walk 15 seconds and you are in the Main Lodge (Village Center Mall) lattes and lift tickets, plus family games at night, cross the square and you are at the Kids Center (where you drop your kids off for ski lessons or day care). This unit has high ceilings and views from 3 sides. Kitchen stove heats very unevenly. Enjoyed the big Jacuzzi two person Bath Tub.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Giacomosolari
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Don't get your hopes up as I was disappointed, especially after an 18 hour journey from England, we had a standard room and it looked tired and dated, bathroom also could have been better, shower was pretty hit and miss
Service at breakfast was terrible on the 3rd day waited 40 minutes for a coffee and much longer for breakfast which turned up cold. Waitress charged for orange juice which she forgot to serve. Looked like she had been out late the night before and rolled straight into work. Another waitress in the bar assumed our $20 included a tip when the bill was only $12 suffice to day we did not frequent either the bar or the restaurant again. Snowshoe sams is good for food upstairs restaurant is lovely and the normal bar does standard bar food, evenings can be pretty lively in there. The ski area was great although if you want sun forget it we had 2 days where we saw the sun for a little while otherwise the visibility was not great and one morning and one afternoon we could not ski as it was just complete white out which I understand is the norm. It also felt like you were in Australia, only met 2 Canadians working there in our 7 days, no offence to Ozzies but when I go to Canada I expect Canadians (well more than 2) There were some good gladed runs which were fun when the weather closed in.
On the whole the ski resort was good with varied slopes but beware the white outs

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank charlie81
Reviewed 15 February 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights, before heading off into the Monashees for some powder skiing, then returned for a 3 further nights before flying home. The hotel was good value and has a great location in Big White; truly ski in/out as others have written. Room was large enough and had all the basic facilities you need, and was cleaned regularly. The bar provided good quality bar food at a reasonable price, and good beer from local breweries, all served by friendly and mainly Australian staff. I didn't eat in the restaurant, but the breakfasts were also good.

Staff were excellent, and dealt very well with keeping hold of a parcel that arrived for me after I left, until my nephew was able to collect it 2-3 weeks later. They kept in regular contact by email and assured me it was still safe until they let me know it had been collected. Great service. I will stay here again if I'm in Big White next season.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo