“A must”

Kurt's Corner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I must have drove past this place 10 times back and to to Rum Point and each time said to myself that I should go in.
I was not disappointed. You could be put off by the pile of rubble and dirt around the other side depending which direction you approach it but when you arrive you will be impressed with the shaded seating area, simple in its design but neat and tidy with everything you'd expect. The outside space is covered over and the fans above are a welcome comfort. The young lady that led us to our seats was friendly and helpful and seemed genuine. She provided excellent, thoughtful customer service on an island where even good customer service can be hard to find.
Before the food came we were provided with water and a basket of delicious festival bread which we hadn't asked for but thoroughly enjoyed.
I had the Brac Attack Burger which was definitely the best burger I've tasted on the island. The rest of the food was simple but cooked really well and prepared properly. The menu had a mixture of local dishes and stuff you would see probably anywhere. There was also a specials board with some temping dishes. We left with some Key Lime Pie which was great.
It was a pleasant experience and reasonably priced. The people running the place know what they are doing and do it well. If you are up that way it is a must and if not it is worth the trip. I would definitely recommend it and will take all of my visitors.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Fabulous food! Probably the best price/quality/size dishes I ever had. Freshly made by really friendly Grand Cayman Island ladies that know how to spoil you stomach. Wow what a great food and unbelievably cheap for what you get. We spent 3,5 days on Grand Cayman Island and we went there for dinner and lunch!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have stayed on the East Side/Old Man's Bay 4 times and the last 3 summers. I never knew this place was there, even though, its right behind the WaterBoyz liquor store I visit. I presumed it was a local dive bar. I was wrong. Cute little patio, friendly wait staff (brought us "off" when they saw us getting bug bitten), huge portions affordably priced and a true Caribbean flair to their food. This is a popular pick up/take out place for people as well. I highly recommend them. Some of the best food we got on the island.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We kept coming back to Kurt's during our vacation and OMG was the food delicious. Although they're known for their daily specials white board (try the blackened grouper), we can vouch for the pasta dishes and vegetarian special being awesome as well! The waitress could not have been kinder or more helpful. Although they're not super fast, everything is cooked to order and they'll serve you fried bread with garlic butter while you wait (YUM)! Bug spray is a necessity for the nighttime (and they'll give you some), but it's not bad at all during the day.

Overall, they cook traditional Caribbean food for a price you can't beat or even come close to elsewhere.

Don't forget to try the homemade lemonade and THE KEY LIME PIE (to die for!!).

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We went there last sunday on a rainy night. Outside plastic table and chairs, friendly waiter. On the menu the crab cakes were our appetizer, mahi mahi and shrimps our main course. Now if you have a fresh good fish you don't need to grill covered with back pepper and garlic. If you do this and if my taste is correct the fish isn't fresh. The drinks comes from the side bar and you pay separately. I prefer eat better and pay more, but the choice is yours.

1  Thank Giacomo V